PDA

View Full Version : Postal Money Order Questions

R.P.
12-28-10, 03:32
Has anyone here ever had a money order get lost in the mail...and if so, how long after filing a claim did it take to get reimbursed or a get a new money order?

The reason I ask is I recently purchased an upper on the EE and the money order has been in limbo for almost a week now and the seller of the upper has not received it yet.

Should I be concerned?

Iraqgunz
12-28-10, 05:21
I would be calling the USPS not asking here. Second, the holidays are still here and I am sure that they are still pretty busy.

Has anyone here ever had a money order get lost in the mail...and if so, how long after filing a claim did it take to get reimbursed or a get a new money order?

The reason I ask is I recently purchased an upper on the EE and the money order has been in limbo for almost a week now and the seller of the upper has not received it yet.

Should I be concerned?

Buckaroo
12-28-10, 11:22
I purchased an item in the EE before Christmas and it took forever to arrive. USPS is really busy so I would not be overly concerned.

Call them and check if you are concerned, then report back with their response please.

Buckaroo

m1a_scoutguy
12-28-10, 11:46
Good News,,Bad News,,,if you still have your receipt your all set,,,,,thats the "good news",,,,"bad news" is it has to be out for 60 Days I believe,,,,:(:( Check with the Post Office to be sure !!!

DaBears_85
12-28-10, 12:01
I'm headed up to the Post Office here in a couple minutes. I'll see what I can find out (depending on how busy it is).

GLOCKMASTER
12-28-10, 16:35

Should I be concerned?

I would give it a few more days.

Here is a link to information on the USPS website concerning lost money orders. (http://www.usps.com/missingmoneyorders/welcome.htm)

DaBears_85
12-28-10, 17:03
I would give it a few more days.

Here is a link to information on the USPS website concerning lost money orders. (http://www.usps.com/missingmoneyorders/welcome.htm)

Yeah, that's basically what the clerk at the Post Office told me as well. He also directed me to the same webpage you have linked above.

Good luck to you R.P.

usmcvet
12-28-10, 17:50
The Rural Carrier delivered your money order today. He apologized for the delay, the three legged donkey he was riding was very tired!
:laugh:

Your upper went out today just before 1600 hours. You should get tracking info and delivery confirmation, I added your email in the online form. It went out priority express I hope you’re sending rounds down range by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Joby

SeriousStudent
12-28-10, 20:17
Poor donkey, wading through all that snow......

usmcvet
12-28-10, 20:23
Poor donkey, wading through all that snow......

HA! As you know I stole that one from you. Damn donkey has not delivered any batteries yet. He is getting tired the snow is deep and it has been Cold. The wood stove is cranking out the heat!