PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE direct mount AFG?

Korgs130
12-28-10, 17:50
As anyone heard anything about Magpul making a direct mount AFG (i.e. no rail required) for the MOE Hand Guards?

Karabiner
12-28-10, 19:50
I was wondering the same thing myself recently, and a little searching has yet to turn anything up. I will be sure to make it known if I find anything, but for now, the $5 sliver of MOE rail is a reasonably convenient alternative.

SomeOtherGuy
12-29-10, 13:54
Really funny, I too was about to post this question. It seems like it should be simple to design and build, and as the midlength and rifle MOE handguards become more common, it should be in demand.

RGoose
01-06-11, 10:39
I have to admit that I was wondering the same thing myself. I was looking at using a set of MOE handguards on a lightweight build and would like to give the AFG a run. I'm not sure how often Travis and Chris check this board, but if enough interest is developed... who knows.

kermit4161
01-22-11, 08:14
I've got an AFG2 mounted on my MOE middy handguard and I'm not sure there would be any benefit (other than than the $6.00 for the rail) to mounting directly to the handguards. It sits flush against the guards just like they do on a rail. It is a solid system.

To get any flatter, you'd have to have a newly designed AFG that had the rail channel milled off.

eo500
01-22-11, 08:49
There seems to be some interest in this, hopefully they will release some soon. If not I'll probably try it with the rail.

Hmac
01-22-11, 08:56
I have to admit that I was wondering the same thing myself. I was looking at using a set of MOE handguards on a lightweight build and would like to give the AFG a run. I'm not sure how often Travis and Chris check this board, but if enough interest is developed... who knows.

I'd be interested in an AFG-equipped MOE too, either a simple non-Picatinney attachement or some kind of Magpul-type handstop molded into the lower piece.

rugbymike
01-27-11, 18:05
Magpul being Magpul they have to already have something in the works. We have all been wondering the same thing I'm sure they all already thought of it. I find it hard to believe that they would make a VFG for the MOE hand guards and not have something in the works for and AFG MOE version.

chadbag
01-27-11, 21:52
To get any flatter, you'd have to have a newly designed AFG that had the rail channel milled off.

Which is what you would do with a direct mounted one...

I mounted one directly to a Troy TRX Extreme. I dremelled of most of the side rail grabbers. It sits lower.