PDA

View Full Version : VTAC pistol grip?

RAM Engineer
12-28-10, 21:02
Anyone used it yet?

http://www.vikingtactics.com/ar15_m4_parts.html

A1 shape + grippier texture all sounds good, I just wish they'd stippled it instead of using glued on grit.

jetspeed8
12-29-10, 02:18
Hmmmm. Something to look in too. I'd like to actually see and play with one in person.

DMack
12-29-10, 02:23
I'm a huge fan of the VTAC stuff... however, I have large mitts, and find that the MAGPUL MIAD works great for me. I usually stipple my MIAD stuff to my own likings.

I'd be willing to give one of these a go though... VTAC is usually top notch kit.

halfcocked
03-30-11, 12:50
Some of the grit will come off on your hand as you use it (not a big deal).

It will sandpaper the shit out of your gear when it's slung (not a big deal).

Kind of pricey for what it is, but it works and it's another option if you don't like that little finger groove tit. Frankly, you could get the same effect by just grinding the nub off with a dremel and stippling it with a soldering iron. It might not look as pretty though.

Morg308
03-30-11, 15:44
Or you could spray it with that fake stone paint they have at the hardware. Stippling makes more sense to me. Still, looks like a decent piece of kit, and being a retro guy, I like A1 PGs.

kmrtnsn
03-30-11, 19:33
$48 bucks for a stipled A1 grip, complete with the crappy OE ergonomics? No thanks.

Dave_M
03-30-11, 21:06
Or you could spray it with that fake stone paint they have at the hardware. Stippling makes more sense to me. Still, looks like a decent piece of kit, and being a retro guy, I like A1 PGs.

I have found simply using a belt sander to take the nubbin off the A2 helps tremendously. I did that with my SCAR. My AR's are all sporting Tango Down's

trauma
04-03-11, 18:48
I like the grip but not the price