PDA

View Full Version : M14 Optic

Don Robison
08-19-07, 01:51
I've got a low serial number(all USGI) Federal Ordnance M14 that's been sitting around for a while and finally decided I wanted to do something with it. It's getting glass bedded and the flash hider opened up shortly. The trigger breaks clean at 3lbs. I know it's not going to be match quality. I'm just looking to have some fun with a new project, while not embarrassing myself too much on the range. What mount and optic would you guys suggest for inside 600 yards? Any other suggestions?

FJB
08-19-07, 03:00
This is probably beyond what you are talking about. But here is an EBR with an Aimpoint CompM4 and 3X Magnifier. For a standard stock M14/M1A you'll need a check piece to get a proper check weld as the Aimpoint sights sit about an inch higher.

S/F

Don Robison
08-19-07, 20:26
This is probably beyond what you are talking about. But here is an EBR with an Aimpoint CompM4 and 3X Magnifier. For a standard stock M14/M1A you'll need a check piece to get a proper check weld as the Aimpoint sights sit about an inch higher.

S/F

Thanks, I thought about a scout mount and Aimpoint, but I think I'm going with a conventional optic on this one.
I'm currently thinking a Smith mount, Badger rings, but not sure on the optic. I'm currently tossing up a Millett 10X, Tasco Super Sniper 10X, Nikon 3-9X40 or Leopold. I'm trying to keep the mount, rings and scope under $900, but would still like to buy the best quality I can within the budget.