PDA

View Full Version : New to the AR world

Trigger67
12-29-10, 21:11
I just bought a sig 516 and im not sure what type of sights to put on it? I would like to gear it for cqb/room entry type scenarios. Any suggestions?

rattlesnake
12-29-10, 22:13
I think a 4X elcan specterdr would be nice on it. But maybe an eotech or aimpoint would suite Your needs?

arizonaranchman
12-30-10, 01:13
Welcome to M4C. You'll learn alot here, use the search feature and cruise thru the threads daily and you'll learn more than you could ever imagine.

As for a new guy with a new AR15? Keep it very simple. Don't go crazy with accessories and misc BS until you actually get out and SHOOT it and get a good feel for it. Then assess your needs according to what you want the gun to do for you and go from there. A sling, a set of sights and a weapon light is all you generally need in reality. Other gear to fine-tune it to your own needs you can figure out as you go.

Personally I'm a big Aimpoint fan. They're tough as hell and very user friendly. Yes they're expensive, but if you watch the equipment exchange here on the forum you can save alot by getting that kind of stuff from members here.

I keep my guns very very simple. No frills, short and lightweight.