PDA

View Full Version : Branham SCAR H/17 rail extension review

Dano5326
12-30-10, 15:22
IMO ideal this is a most useful accessory, without significant weight penalty, for the SCAR which comes out of the box with a short hand-guard less than ideal for modern carbine technique.

Some, myself included, have found their claws on the O so toasty gas block before... not a problem now.

Extends the bottom three rails 2" further, allows an over the top grip with thumb atop the front of the top rail, or atop the folded front sight.

Be advised one will have to, need the proper tools/torque wrench, take off the barrel to install this part.

Eurodriver
10-10-11, 11:48
Dano, thanks for the review

Is this the best rail extension you've tried so far?

zacbol
10-11-11, 11:45
I'm trying to decide between this and the PWS (or Vltor's offering if the damn thing ever comes out). I can't seem to find a weight for it anywhere though. Looks like the PWS is a hair under 8oz.

I imagine this weight a good deal less since it's about three inches shorter, but anyone have an actual weight? If it's not substantially different I'll probably go with the PWS for the extra length.

K.O.A.M.
10-11-11, 14:35
I went with the PWS on both my 16s and 17s. It keeps my thumb off the gas block and gave me enough room to mount a Surefire X300 in front of the factory front sight. So far, there have been no issues and I've been pleased.