PDA

View Full Version : DELETE

red_star_republic
12-30-10, 18:43
DELETE

120mm
12-30-10, 19:35
Walking?

I tell you, walking for a couple hours a day is probably the most underrated fitness routine. Ever.

Keep an eye on food intake and walk a bunch and you should be okay.

Do whatever resistence exercises your physical condition will allow, as well.

300WM
01-03-11, 18:25
Cover your exercise equipment so it does not get dusty. What did you injure? Are you under strict guidelines from your orthopedic Dr., or are you uncomfortable trying to do anything at the moment.

If you have access to a steam room, it will help keep toxins sweated out of you which will let your body run more efficiently. Sounds a little far fetched, but it is true. Also, stick with the calorie amount needed for a man your size that is sedentary. Three months is not that long. You will not lose too much muscle or strength in three months, and you will find that iit is fairly easy to get back where you were. It is when you take three years off that you have to struggle to get back where you were. Don't sweat it too much (except in the steam room).

superr.stu
01-03-11, 20:18
ummm....could use a little more to work with...

get a train set?

noctis
01-03-11, 20:27
What kind of injury are we talking about?

120mm
01-03-11, 23:21
In addition take dr advice with a grain of salt, recovery time wise. Be cautious, but see what you can realistically do.

7PI
01-06-11, 08:29
http://theburnmachine.com/

I was able to use it even while sitting down. It was originally designed for persons limited to a wheelchair. It is a great cardio workout and will burn most of your upper body.

I have the 12# version and use it on the range to simulate fatigue as well as for PT.

Prov1x
01-07-11, 21:26
A little more info would be helpful for us to understand what you might be able to do. What's your injury?

red_star_republic
01-07-11, 23:47
A little more info would be helpful for us to understand what you might be able to do. What's your injury?

Lower abdominal injury. Doctors think it might be nerve related

GIJew766
01-08-11, 11:50
As someone who was just cleared for physical activity after another knee surgery (this makes 4 in the past three years), here's what I did.

Dropped caloric intake by about 40% and increased my use of things like EAS Lite to offset. I also went from 5-6 meals a day, to 6-7. Three regular meals plus three to four liquid ones (either the EAS or juicing fruits and vegetables).

As for physical activity, since you have the weights, I recommend what we have come to call "super stacks" in terms of weight lifting. Low weight and a butt-ton of reps. Usually, one stack is made up of three sets (12,10,8) and I tend to do three stacks per exercise. Minimal rest between sets, and only 60 seconds between stacks. Isolate different areas so you can maintain muscle endurance and get a solid workout every day. Also, as said before, walking is great.

A side note: 30 minutes of intense weight training (either in weight or reps) burns as many calories as 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise. It also has an added benefit that it will increase your bodies metabolism over a 24 hour period, as opposed to the 6-8 hour stint that cardio gives you.

Get healthy man. I know the position and it sucks. BIG TIME. Listen to your body and keep your doc in the loop.

HC

Hmac
01-08-11, 11:52
"Nerve-related lower abdominal injury" doesn't compute relative to limitations on physical activity.

N4LtRecce
01-10-11, 15:22
I'm having some problems with my Sciatic in my left leg. It sucks, and I can't do the running I used to. I've taken to intense upper body lifting and ab workouts (within reason-if it hurts, dont do it!). I walk at least 30 mins a day and workout every other day for 30-45mins. I've maintained a healthy weight and waist circumference by doing this. Good luck!