PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable upper

B+Shooter
08-19-07, 21:18
I am planning on replacing my upper to an M4-style step barrel, and I have a limited budget. I was looking at a J&T Enterprises upper, but wanted to know if it is junk or not. I was recommended a LMT, but that is just too expensive. Does someone make a barrel that is affordable and shoots decently? Am I asking for a $100 Corvette?

gunny
08-19-07, 21:37
For what you get for the money & quality, I'd recommend CMMG depending on what your budget is. You get a BCG included in the price as well as a few other sought after options as standard. Plus almost unlimited options for additional money after that. I'm not made of money either, but $525 got me a brand new high quality upper from CMMG.

Depends on what you're gonna use your rifle for to determine if you're asking for a $100 Corvette. If you don't want to front that much cash at once then I'd recommend J&T or Del-Ton upper, however, depending on what you want on the upper you can spend upwards close to what you'll pay for a LMT or CMMG upper.

Lawdog-1
08-19-07, 23:41
Go with LMT you won't be sorry.

Robb Jensen
08-20-07, 05:43
There is no free lunch.

SHIVAN
08-20-07, 12:47
Pay for quality; once.

ampfizo
04-15-08, 19:31
what they said...

warpigM-4
04-15-08, 20:11
I got a white oak upper from ADCO with M4 ramps and a keyHole forge mark, I know from some on this board that Colt also uses KeyHole forge upper Blanks but Colt does the machining.It was T marked also for 100 bucks flat shipping .I put it with a doublestar lower the fit is perfect but the color is more of a flat finish so it don't match but I really don't mind much.
when I called J&T they could get M4 feed ramps on the upper but did not have any there at the time I was ready to order so I went with Steve At ADCO and he is Top notch,
But if J&T is what you want talk with Gary he helped me out on my 4150 chrome 1/7 barrel But ADCO has a flat shipping of 4 bucks ,J&T 13.00 dollars on shipping so I went with ADCO

RogerinTPA
04-15-08, 20:35
Buy cheap, buy twice. Suppress the impulse to buy "Right Now". Continue to save a few months until you can get the LMT. You won't regret it.

Remember911
04-16-08, 12:23
I would stay clear of CMMG they are getting bad rap over on the other sight in the indus forum under CMMG(ARFCOM.) Looks like their lieing has cought up with them. Go with the other ops out there. :cool:

Shihan
04-16-08, 15:48
I would stay clear of CMMG they are getting bad rap over on the other sight in the indus forum under CMMG(ARFCOM.) Looks like their lieing has cought up with them. Go with the other ops out there. :cool:

Im not a CMMG fan at all but what I read in the thread on TOS was a complaining about CS some warranted and some not. I didnt see anything in regards to integrity that wasnt slung out.