PDA

View Full Version : Magpul video

cdunn
12-31-10, 15:01
Well I was on the fence about getting any training videos but I broke down and ordered the Magpul pistol video,seeing that I don't have the time or money to attend many classes.All I've got to say is good stuff,I've watched about half of the first video and there is alot of good stuff in there.I feel its money well spent,I like seeing and hearing others ideas on running pistols, if you get a chance pick one up I don't think you'll be disappointed.I guess next i'll have to get the shotgun video.

BSmith
12-31-10, 16:07
I liken the videos to reading the chapter before going to class and having the teacher do their part. It was well worth the $50 to me since it allowed me to not get tripped up as much during the class.

Rhutch
12-31-10, 16:38
Delivery man just delivered my Carbine 1&2 and Handgun video, looks like I'll have something to watch this New Years Eve (I'm sure the wife will have other ideas).

big 54r
01-02-11, 16:20
The videos are good viewing and I'm no authority on firearms...but going to a reputable class/trainer can't be beat.

I've gone to only 2 handgun courses (1 rifle) and the training is absolutely worth it to be able to put the theory into practice and actully push yourself and equipment.

the videos have their place but can't substitute actual training...imho.

as with anyone money and time is a factor but if you budget and allocate going to a training course can be achieved...and will be well worth it.

Jeff Franz
01-02-11, 17:00
The videos are good viewing and I'm no authority on firearms...but going to a reputable class/trainer can't be beat.

I've gone to only 2 handgun courses (1 rifle) and the training is absolutely worth it to be able to put the theory into practice and actully push yourself and equipment.

the videos have their place but can't substitute actual training...imho.

as with anyone money and time is a factor but if you budget and allocate going to a training course can be achieved...and will be well worth it.

Couldn't agree more. I own both carbine and the handgun videos, and still watch parts of them time to time for a refresher. However, the videos cannot replace live training. Having an instructor over your should helping correct problems is paramount to becoming a better shooter.

cdunn
01-03-11, 12:11
yes, I think most people would agree that when time and money are available classes are best, that wasn't a question.I'm just saying that the video has some good stuff in it.