PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Blish

Pat_Rogers
08-20-07, 02:06
Heather Blish, wife of Freddie Blish, passed on 19 August, after a long and extremely hard fight.

The family wishes donations to be made in lieu of flowers to
http://www.braintumor.org/contribute/donation_programs/memorial/

We are dimimished...

mcgrubbs
08-20-07, 07:54
What a shame. Our thoughts are with him and his family today.

RIP.

C4IGrant
08-20-07, 08:11
Talked to Freddie on the 19th. May God be with him and comfort him in his time of need. The long fight is over and she can now rest in peace next to the Lord.

C4

Hawkeye
08-20-07, 08:46
Dang. :( My Prayers and condolences to Freddie and the rest of the family.

Jay Cunningham
08-20-07, 09:10
I haven't met Freddie but I have read many of his posts and enjoy his contributions.

My condolences.

m.adams
08-20-07, 09:36
They often say that a man is only as good as the woman behind him, in this case, I can only imagine, how truly amazing Mrs. Blish really was.

Freddie & Family, my prayers go out

Robb Jensen
08-20-07, 14:30
Sorry to hear that. Godspeed.

dubb-1
08-20-07, 16:05
My thoughts and prayers are wih the family.

QuietShootr
08-20-07, 18:59
I'm very sorry, Colonel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Striker5
08-20-07, 19:38
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

karmapolice
08-20-07, 19:39
I'm very sorry for you loss, my prayers go out for you and your loved ones.

FJB
08-20-07, 19:41
Friends,
As I sit here going through the funeral preparations and taking a quick mental diversion to M4Carbine. All I can say is thank you very much for your kind comments, support, and prayers. Heather was truly my better half. She fought brain cancer for four years with a courage that I have only seen in the best of us in battle and a dark humor regarding death that only warriors can appreciate. She shouldered the tremendous sacrifice of a Marine (military) Wife like that of a Spartan woman. She exemplified strength and beauty. Attached is photo.

As Pat stated, "We are diminished..."

God Bless and Semper Fidelis

M4arc
08-20-07, 19:45
Freddie,

If there is anything we can do for you please let us know. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. - Marc

Harv
08-20-07, 20:02
Col.
I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your wife...

God bless you and your family... your family will be in my famlies thoughts and prayers......

9x19
08-20-07, 21:22
My prayers are with you, Sir.

That is a beautiful picture of her.

bradb55
08-20-07, 21:28
Sorry for your loss. The family and I will pray for you, your family, and friends.

Brad

USMC03
08-20-07, 22:00
Lt. Col. Blish,

Prayers and condolences to you and your family.

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Pinnacle
08-20-07, 22:10
I am very sorry for your loss. My family will put you and yours in our prayers.

ST911
08-20-07, 23:21
God's Peace to you and your family, Col. Blish.

Pat_Rogers
08-21-07, 05:49
Blish, Heather

San Diego, CA – Heather Jane (Eisenwinter) Blish, died August 19, 2007, after a courageous four year battle with brain cancer.

Heather was born December 1, 1964 in Barre, VT, where she graduated from Spaulding High School in 1982. She attended Texas Tech and graduated from Norwich University in 1988 with a BS in Communications. She worked for Carolina Bell Telephone, Henn Workshops, Insurance Institute Highway Safety, owned Curves Del Mar, as well as held the toughest job in the Marine Corps…the wife of a Marine. She experienced an all too short yet exciting life growing up in Vermont and later living in North Carolina, Panama, Hawaii, D.C., and California, as well as traveling to Europe. Heather was an inspiration to all she met, even continuing to volunteer for the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society during the final stages of her battle with cancer. She was an amazingly selfless person who truly lived her favorite quote, “No one was ever hurt by practicing random acts of kindness.” She possessed great faith in God, fully trusting in His word Matthew 19:26 “but for God all things are possible.”

She is survived by her husband, LtCol Freddie Blish, USMC(Ret), son Trevor Blish, daughter Angela Blish, mother Jean Eisenwinter, sister Pam Cronin, brother Mark Eisenwinter, as well as four nieces and four nephews. She was preceded in death by her father Robert Eisenwinter of Barre, VT on June 1, 2006.

Memorial Services will be held at MCAS Miramar San Diego, CA at 7:00pm on August 22. Funeral Services will be held at Norwich University White Chapel, Northfield, VT at 12:30pm on August 25, 2007 followed by burial at Norwich University Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations to the National Brain Tumor Foundation be made in her honor. http://www.braintumor.org/contribute/donation_programs/memorial/

National Brain Tumor Foundation
22 Battery Street, Suite 612
San Francisco, CA 94111-5520

Wayne Dobbs
08-21-07, 14:04
Clearly, a strong and beautiful lady, wife and mother! Our community of warriors is changed forever by her loss, but I know that she accomplished and influenced much in her short life on this Earth. May she rest in the arms of the Lord and I pray for the comfort and peace of her family and friends.

I know we hear it all the time and it sounds so trite, but please know sir that we are here for you and want to help in any way possible.

Wayne Dobbs

Linea_de_Fuego
08-21-07, 14:24
It is hard to express in words the condolence I offer. I read where Heather was a person of faith and is now home with the Lord.
When you draw near to God you can't help but be also close to her.

SeriousStudent
08-21-07, 20:01
Sir, you have my condolences and prayers. May you and your children find peace and strength during this time of loss. May God grant your family solace and comfort.

Semper Fidelis,

Bill