PDA

View Full Version : And here is a news report that makes me happy.

500grains
01-01-11, 17:24
House Bill 2281 [now it is the law] bans classes in kindergarten through 12th grade that promote the overthrow of the U.S. government, promote resentment toward a race or class of people, are designed primarily for pupils of one ethnic group, or advocate ethnic solidarity.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2011/01/01/20110101arizona-ethnic-studies-ban.html

jklaughrey
01-01-11, 18:23
I just wish we would have woken up in the 70's and I wouldn't have been forced to attend an almost all Latino elementary school, and be forced to learn Spanish since all classes and educating was conducted in...you guessed it Spanish. It was a small pilot program thought up by liberal hippies wanting to be nice to the illegals in my school district. THANK GOD SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY TAKING A STAND SOMEWHERE!:big_boss:

arizonaranchman
01-01-11, 18:27
Interesting how it stops at 12th Grade. A large percentage of colleges have been and will continue to be a hotbed of communist anti-american zealots.

Skyyr
01-01-11, 18:42
This is a double-edged sword. While it will do away with a bunch of the globalist/anti-capitalist/anti-American crap in schools, it also effectively prevents schools from teaching students what the Second Amendment is about and from teaching that Americans do not have a duty to the law, but to the Constitution. Any subject or course that points out laws that conflict with the Constitution could be deemed illegal under this law.

Irish
01-01-11, 19:00
This is a double-edged sword. While it will do away with a bunch of the globalist/anti-capitalist/anti-American crap in schools, it also effectively prevents schools from teaching students what the Second Amendment is about and from teaching that Americans do not have a duty to the law, but to the Constitution. Any subject or course that points out laws that conflict with the Constitution could be deemed illegal under this law.

I was thinking along the same lines.

The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

Avenger29
01-01-11, 19:24
I've got to say that while I like the objective of this law, it will almost certainly be used against the teachers that teach the actual Constitution. Notice the trend of equating protest against Obama as being traitorous to the government? Notice the trend of declaring right wingers to be domestic terrorists?

CarlosDJackal
01-01-11, 20:03
Does this to ALL schools or just to public schools?

500grains
01-01-11, 20:36
Public schools. Non-compliance means a 10% cut in state funding.