PDA

View Full Version : Keltec RFB Range Report

ryr8828
01-02-11, 08:12
Range report, got to put about 10 through it the other night after work just before dark. Sighting in at 50 yards. It's almost impossible to shoot off of a bag for me right now, but I'll figure it out. Couldn't figure out how to get it in the lead sled either so I am the weak link in the accuracy.
Primary arms 1-4x24 illuminated scope started out 5 inches low and 3 inches right.

On one 3 shot adjustment I actually got 3 touching, although 2" high and 1" left.

My last one of the night was in the center of the target, it was getting cold and dark so I quit. I think I'm going to love this pup. I noticed no recoil although I know there is some. Like the other 2 bullpups I own, the brass is right there by where I'm shooting.

I'll have to sight in again because I'm going to have to get another scope mount. I have too much eye relief for Marshall's primary arms scope and the mount I bought doesn't look like I can get any less. I had to turn the mount around so my knuckles won't get chewed up when I work the charging handle and it just doesn't work backwards.

I'm positive that this unit will be more accurate than I can be. I think I can shoot it without a rest more accurate than I can my DPMS LR308. Off of a bag I couldn't, the dpms would be more accurate.
No failures of any kind but it was only 10 rounds and only 3 in a row without laying the rifle down to check the target.

All in all I thought it was excellent considering I'm learning both the new rifle and how the new scope works at the same time. I like the ergonomics of both the fs2000 and the ps90 better than the RFB, but let's face it neither one of them is a .308 so the RFB is and I guess has to be quite different (It seems much heavier). No doubt the weight of it helped with the nonexistent recoil.

I could have shot it longer but as I was setting up I remembered I hadn't run anything through the barrel. I'd taken it apart before but for some reason I hadn't checked the barrel. I always like to run a snake through the barrel of anything before I shoot it for the first time. I'd recommend that to everyone.

All in all I'm happy with my purchase so far.

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz284/ryr8828/bulups001.jpg

Mr blasty
01-03-11, 07:53
I'm very interested in the RFB but how would you deal with jams? What kind would even be possible with one of these? How is the quality of workmanship and materials/finish? I've heard plenty about there good accuracy and different yet good balance/ergonomics but not much about the rifle itself. I've heard more than enough people say they love the trigger and that this rifle is far better than Kel Tec's typical quality. I usually end up refinishing and/or polishing the internals of most production firearms I own for smoother more reliable operation and I doubt the RFB would be an exception. I really hope to give one a shot some day.

carbinero
01-03-11, 13:37
tag...thanks for the RR.