PDA

View Full Version : Glock 26 Gen4

SWAT Lt.
01-03-11, 02:08
I recently purchased a G26G4 and was able to shoot it thanks to some mild weather conditions. I installed an Ameriglo Proglow orange front sight (green tritium) and an Operator rear (yellow tritium) and took it to the range. I fired just over 400 rounds of target and service ammunition and had no malfunctions, even when intentionally using a poor grip. Ammo used was Win 124gr NATO, Fed 115gr Champion, Winclean 147BEB, Win 124+P T series, Federal 124+P HST, and Speer 124+P Gold Dot.

I shot it next to a similarly equipped G26G3 and mcuh preferred the G4. I didn't expect there to be much of a difference but there was enough of one for me to notice. A friend also shot the two and had the same impressions as well.

platoonDaddy
01-03-11, 06:44
How about some pictures of your new weapon.

guy sajer
01-03-11, 07:49
I shot it next to a similarly equipped G26G3 and mcuh preferred the G4. I didn't expect there to be much of a difference but there was enough of one for me to notice. A friend also shot the two and had the same impressions as well.What were the differences/impressions ? Recoil/control ?

Thanks .

JHC
01-03-11, 12:31
I am a big fan of my Gen 3 G26. I've only handled a Gen 4 G26 but IMO the RTF3 and SF treament of the grip made the new gun feel significantly better - locking into the hand securely. Then there was the new mag release which is nice also.

SWAT Lt.
01-03-11, 20:34
platoonDaddy, when I get a chance I'll see about posting a few pics.

guy sajer, the Gen4 is a bit smaller and fits my hand better. JHC is right, the RTF3 grip texture and smaller grip size seems to anchor the gun in my hand really well. My friend commented on this as well and his hands are much larger than mine. The difference in recoil and controllability was noticeable, but not significant, with the Gen4 being easier to control and having less felt recoil or muzzle flip (not that a G26 has much to begin with). I believe this is due to the better fit of the gun in the hand and the RTF3 texture as I don't believe the recoil spring system has been changed in the Gen4 subcompacts.

I must say I was lukewarm on the baby Glocks, although I carry a G27Gen3 daily as a back up, and liked the G22 or G23 sized guns much more than the subcompacts. I really like my G26 Gen4 and look forward to trying out a G27 Gen4. If it is anything like my experience with the G26G4, I will likely replace my BUG with one until retirement. I will then go with the 26.