PDA

View Full Version : Glock extended mag catch?

Frens
01-03-11, 05:18
hi guys,
just got the 2011 catalog of a Glock dealer here in Italy...and saw this Glock mag catch that looks interesting.
it's an OEM part (p/n 3294)... the catalog says it will fit all glocks but .45 and 10mm models, but it doesnt say if it's made for gen3 or gen4 frame...
as for other parts the catalog is clear about gen3 or 4 but not on this extended mag catch...

any ideas? would it fit my gen3 G17? :confused:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3481/glock.png

yeah I should call the dealer and ask but they're closed till Gen 10th :(

TIA
Frens

monkeywrench
01-03-11, 06:59
That is for the Gen 4th.

CJ804
01-03-11, 07:21
Buy a standard mag catch for a g21 or 20.... when installed in the small frame gums it it extended and they are cheaper then aftermarket parts.

I bought a vickers before I was aware of that trick....I am happy with what I have but it would have been cheaper using the large frame part.

Frens
01-03-11, 09:20
That is for the Gen 4th.

thank you,

end of the thread then :p

RAM Engineer
01-03-11, 09:42
I bought a vickers before I was aware of that trick....I am happy with what I have but it would have been cheaper using the large frame part.

The Vickers mag release is superior to the factory Glock extended mag release in two ways:

1. The Vickers mag release is beveled making it more comfortable to use.
2. The Vickers mag release is sized so that you can set your gun down on the left hand side and the mag release will not be actuated.

M4Guru
01-03-11, 09:42
That is NOT a 4th Gen mag catch, it is a mag catch they have used in other international markets. They have been around for years but they don't put them on any US guns. You can buy a jig from Glockmeister to modify your US frame to these catches. The Gxx "Pro Series" guns in Finland, etc. had these.

Frens
01-03-11, 10:02
That is NOT a 4th Gen mag catch, it is a mag catch they have used in other international markets. They have been around for years but they don't put them on any US guns. You can buy a jig from Glockmeister to modify your US frame to these catches. The Gxx "Pro Series" guns in Finland, etc. had these.

learned something new, thanks Guru

Street Survival
01-03-11, 16:47
I wholeheartedly agree with RAM Engineer. Vickers Magazine Release is the better way to go.

Fraternally yours

Jimmy Ward

"FOR THOSE WHO GO IN HARMS WAY,
LIFE HAS A SPECIAL FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW"