PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Introducing The LC9 - Single Stack 9mm

Powder_Burn
01-03-11, 12:02
Just picked up a product announcement from Ruger. They are introducing a single stack 9mm sized like the PPS, PF9, and PM9.

Second new product announcement in just a week - Ruger appears to be getting busy...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/Powder_Burn/Forum%20Posts/RugerLC9.jpg

kartoffel
01-03-11, 12:09
Great idea. Ought to fill the void between Kel-Tec and Kahr quite nicely.

Powder_Burn
01-03-11, 12:29
Specs for comparison below...last screen shot is the PF9...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/Powder_Burn/Forum%20Posts/PPS.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/Powder_Burn/Forum%20Posts/PM9.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/Powder_Burn/Forum%20Posts/PF9.jpg

Redhat
01-03-11, 12:31
Maybe it's just me but that trigger guard looks a little shallow?

Thoughts

Beat Trash
01-03-11, 13:31
I've owned a Kahr PM9 for several years, mine is reliable. But the current retail for a PM9 is insane.

I really like the specs of this new gun. Unfortunately, I would have to wait for it to be out for awhile to ensure there is no recalls associated with it.

If it works half way decent, then it has the potential to be a winner for Ruger. Time will tell.

I was hoping to see S&W do something like this with their 380 bodyguard. I'm not going to hold my breath for that to happen.

MarshallDodge
01-03-11, 13:36
The bore axis looks really tall but I will shoot it before condemning it.

I was hoping to see S&W do something like this with their 380 bodyguard. I'm not going to hold my breath for that to happen.
I would like to see S&W release an M&P9 slim. Something with a 6 or 7 round capacity and a 3" barrel.

kartoffel
01-03-11, 14:00
I would like to see S&W release an M&P9 slim. Something with a 6 or 7 round capacity and a 3" barrel.

S&W, Glock and Springfield could *all* stand to come out with a single stack tupperware pistol. No need to play favorites, 'cause any of them would sell like hotcakes.

Semizal0311
01-03-11, 14:02
I'm extremely excited about this, as I am in the market for a new summer carry piece when the G19 just wont work.

John_Wayne777
01-03-11, 14:09
Well maybe now that Ruger has made a small, light, thin, single-stack 9mm S&W will finally decide that they need to make one. :rolleyes:

Jake'sDad
01-03-11, 14:10
S&W, Glock and Springfield could *all* stand to come out with a single stack tupperware pistol. No need to play favorites, 'cause any of them would sell like hotcakes.

Yup.

It's amazing the majors have left the market to Kahr and Kel Tec....up until now anyway.

Redhat
01-03-11, 14:16
Well maybe now that Ruger has made a small, light, thin, single-stack 9mm S&W will finally decide that they need to make one. :rolleyes:

Will they do it if it competes with the Walther PPS? I thought those two were tied together?

RogerinTPA
01-03-11, 14:49
It looks promising. Ruger needs to send a few out for T&E to some M4C members to give it a proper 3-5K ringing out.;)

opmike
01-03-11, 14:57
It's always good seeing more single stack 9mm options. There's certain times, although only a few these days, where my attire simple doesn't play nicely with a chunky double-stack.

However, I care more about reliability than anything. I do hope that Ruger has the manufacturing and design kinks worked out. I'd hate for them to have to put out another recall.

I guess time will tell; there's no way I'm picking up any hot off the presses handgun until some reputable reports start coming in. Though, I do hope this does well for them.

JHC
01-03-11, 15:18

And GLOCK . . . G D it!!! ;)

If this guns pans out, it will be like LCP x 1000. Good luck to Ruger. The new Gunsite Scout which I don't need but can't stop looking at, and now this? Good on Ruger.

MCS
01-03-11, 15:28
I have been holding off on getting an lcp for hot summer day in florida, but I think this may fit the bill.

Avenger29
01-03-11, 15:40
And of course everyone on the "other" forums is screaming about Ruger ripping off the PF-9...:rolleyes:

bigghoss
01-03-11, 16:03
I was so excited for this gun until I found out about the manual safety, huge LCI, and mag disconnect. I've also heard that it may even have an internal lock. WTF? it's like getting Jessica Alba into bed and finding out she has a penis.

okie john
01-03-11, 16:09
Good luck to Ruger. The new Gunsite Scout which I don't need but can't stop looking at, and now this? Good on Ruger.

Exactly! I always hoped that Bill Ruger's passing would let Ruger lead the way in innovation again. I think the Scout will give them a second solid win (after the Hawkeye) in the bolt gun category. And they desperately need a win in the semi-auto pistol category.

And a semi-auto 308 wouldn't hurt, either.

Okie John

C4IGrant
01-03-11, 16:12

S&W is. ;)

C4

Hersh
01-03-11, 16:29
S&W is. ;)

C4

Can you hurry them along Grant? ;)

C4IGrant
01-03-11, 16:30
Can you hurry them along Grant? ;)

:D

C4

RogerinTPA
01-03-11, 16:46
I was so excited for this gun until I found out about the manual safety, huge LCI, and mag disconnect. I've also heard that it may even have an internal lock. WTF? it's like getting Jessica Alba into bed and finding out she has a penis.

I would have said finding a blank crotch like Barbie.:p

But seriously, more/better options for a quality single stack 9mm with a 7-8 round cap and a decent trigger, is what the masses want. I'd like to see the prototype for the Smith. I envision some type of single stack M&P9c variant.

kartoffel
01-03-11, 17:04

No doubt the lawyers would not have allowed a Ruger without any kind of external safet. So it came down to either a trigger flap, or an external safety. I'd have been happier with a trigger safety.

But cheer up! It also comes with a patented Ruger Gigantic Padlock(tm).

ST911
01-03-11, 17:10
Some speculative discussion of the pending LCP 9mm variation in these threads.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=59291
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56931

bigghoss
01-03-11, 17:15
I would have said finding a blank crotch like Barbie.:p

no because that would be lacking the features you do want instead of finding parts you don't want

No doubt the lawyers would not have allowed a Ruger without any kind of external safet. So it came down to either a trigger flap, or an external safety. I'd have been happier with a trigger safety.

they made the LCP without any of that crap and it's a success

Web Architect
01-03-11, 17:29
If quality is the key, pull out the checkbooks and send off a big one for a Rohrbaugh R9s. It's a lot nicer to shoot than my LCP was, and 9mm to boot! Of course, you could pick up three or four LCPs for the same price. Probably 2 of these new Rugers... I hope they work well and Ruger sells a ton of them.

kjdoski
01-03-11, 17:32
I was very excited about the CONCEPT of an LC9 until I read the specs. Having looked them over, I don't see anything this pistol does that my PM9 or G26 don't do better (smaller size with the Kahr, more capacity with the G26).

When you read the specs on the LC9, it's more analogous in size to the Kahr P9, only it loses a half in of barrel somewhere in the translation...

I'll give it a look-see at SHOT, but, I'm in the "blah" category right now...

Regards,

Kevin

JHC
01-03-11, 17:59
Just a hunch . . . but my swami-joe prediction is that the S&W single stack will be based on the newer SD line vs the M&P (based on another hunch that the SD is just a more simple design; easier to chop/thin.)

I don't consider that a bad thing just based on handling SDs. Very decent pistol.

MadcapMagician
01-03-11, 18:24
This just looks to be another nice Keltec (a la P3AT and LCP .380).

It'll be interesting to see if it's worth a damn though.

GermanSynergy
01-03-11, 19:07
Sage advice, but I have my doubts this will happen.

No doubt we'll see this pistol featured on the covers of various gun rags claiming it's the best thing since pomegranate ice cream, after shooting 50 rounds and giving it the "100% reliable" designation.

Fast forward a few months, and we'll have individuals post how superior this pistol is to the Glock 26 and M&P 9C. :D

It looks promising. Ruger needs to send a few out for T&E to some M4C members to give it a proper 3-5K ringing out.;)

Irish10
01-03-11, 19:38
Think I'll just hang on to my S&W 3903, 8+1, slim and feels like a real gun! I wish S&W would start making the 3rd Gen semis again. Old habits are hard to break!

oldtexan
01-03-11, 19:40
I've owned a Kahr PM9 for several years, mine is reliable. But the current retail for a PM9 is insane.

Beat, GT Distributors in Austin is showing a price of about $520 for PM9s. They do retail, and I believe that's not a LE/mil/EMT/etc price.

Tennvol12345
01-03-11, 19:57
I'll stick with my PM9

bobbo
01-03-11, 19:59

This is what happens when lawyers design firearms. I suppose we should be happy congress didn't have their hand in it too. Personally I'll stick with the PPS, which shoots exceedingly well for me. But at the MSRP I've seen listed for this Ruger should do very well indeed.

brushy bill
01-03-11, 21:27
Yup.

It's amazing the majors have left the market to Kahr and Kel Tec....up until now anyway.

Thank you! I would snatch up a Glock or S&W MP full size, compact, or subcompact single stack in 9mm in an instant.

oldtexan
01-03-11, 22:33
..... Personally I'll stick with the PPS, which shoots exceedingly well for me. ......

My wife is very happy with her 9mm PPS. She was on a Kahr kick earlier this year (we now have a K9 and a TP9 in addition to our five year old PM9), but she prefers the Glock-like PPS trigger to the revolver-like Kahr trigger. She has no problem racking the PPS slide; that was an issue sometimes with the K9.

Beat Trash
01-04-11, 02:31
Beat, GT Distributors in Austin is showing a price of about $520 for PM9s. They do retail, and I believe that's not a LE/mil/EMT/etc price.

That's better than what I see around my area.

I'm not in a big hurry to let my PM9 go just yet.

C4IGrant
01-04-11, 09:42
Just a hunch . . . but my swami-joe prediction is that the S&W single stack will be based on the newer SD line vs the M&P (based on another hunch that the SD is just a more simple design; easier to chop/thin.)

I don't consider that a bad thing just based on handling SDs. Very decent pistol.

To my knowledge, this is incorrect.

There will be an M&P version and a Bodyguard version.

Now it is possible that the BG version is something like the SD, but I have ZERO facts to back up this guess.

C4

R Moran
01-04-11, 09:59
That's better than what I see around my area.

I'm not in a big hurry to let my PM9 go just yet.

Yesterday, I picked up a PM9, black slide and night sights, from Lawmans, $653.99 plus tax

Friend has one, and is very happy with his.

Bob

Beat Trash
01-04-11, 11:12

Now it is possible that the BG version is something like the SD, but I have ZERO facts to back up this guess.

C4

Our LE Sales rep has been teasing us for about 3 years about a sub-compact M&P. When I last spoke with him this fall, he said it's not going to happen. S&W decided to go with the 380 bodyguard instead.

The hope of a M&P the size of the old 9mm chief's special is what kept me from a Walther PPS. Now that I'm being told it's not going to happen, I might go and buy a Kahr P9. I want something a tad bigger than my PM9, but thinner than my Glock 26. Yes I know, I'm hard to please...

This LC9 could be a winner. But I for one, will be waiting to see if there are any "bugs" to be worked out of the initial run of guns.

JHC
01-04-11, 11:19

C4

Cool! All the better. Thanks!

SmokeJumper
01-04-11, 13:28
Looks interesting, another option at least for a BUG if one is in the market.

WBAR
01-04-11, 17:18
It does pique my interest; but I have a Kahr CW40 for CC now, and another pistol would just take money from upcoming M4 projects/upgrades! :laugh: WB

Sry0fcr
01-10-11, 11:49

C4

Any idea on timeframes? A single stack M&P based gun is just about exactly what I've been wanting but given up on getting. I had settled on buying a M&P9C from you until you posted this... I just hope they don't make it too damn small.

C4IGrant
01-10-11, 11:52
Any idea on timeframes? A single stack M&P based gun is just about exactly what I've been wanting but given up on getting. I had settled on buying a M&P9C from you until you posted this... I just hope they don't make it too damn small.

I have no idea and if I did know, I would be a fool to post it in public. :D

trooper430
01-10-11, 12:02
I currently own a LCP, looking forward to the release of the LC9.

maximus83
01-14-11, 12:34

I really like the specs of this new gun. Unfortunately, I would have to wait for it to be out for awhile to ensure there is no recalls associated with it.

If it works half way decent, then it has the potential to be a winner for Ruger. Time will tell.

+1. My PM9 that I've had for a couple years now gets the job done, it's reliable and I'm sticking with it.

I won't buy one, not because I'm anti-Ruger, but I did not have good experiences with my LCP sample of one. Of course the LC9 is a different gun, but it looks like they're using some very similar build concepts. I'm pulling for them and hope the LC9 turns out well, if only because I selfishly want to see more great options for a reliable, affordable single-stack 9mm in the market.

.45fmjoe
01-14-11, 13:43
Our LE Sales rep has been teasing us for about 3 years about a sub-compact M&P. When I last spoke with him this fall, he said it's not going to happen. S&W decided to go with the 380 bodyguard instead.

The hope of a M&P the size of the old 9mm chief's special is what kept me from a Walther PPS. Now that I'm being told it's not going to happen, I might go and buy a Kahr P9. I want something a tad bigger than my PM9, but thinner than my Glock 26. Yes I know, I'm hard to please...

This LC9 could be a winner. But I for one, will be waiting to see if there are any "bugs" to be worked out of the initial run of guns.

Well, Grant says there will be one. Plus, S&W has patented the "M&P Backup" name...

cttbax
01-17-11, 07:50
My FFL has a few on order and I have already spoken for the first one. A written and video review will follow as soon as I get it in my hands. I am really looking forward to owning this gun, the LCP is just too small fro my hands. I really have to focus on my grip when drawing and shooting the LCP. Let's all hope the LC9 sells well for Ruger. Hopefully the thumb safety doesn't hinder sales. If it bugs me I will simply snick it off and carry it. After all it's a DAO.

1GIG
01-19-11, 14:07
So, not to hijack the thread. Here is my question.

M&P9c, LC9, or wait for said M&P slim 9?

Tokarev
02-10-11, 18:50
I picked up my sample LC9 this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I'm hoping to rectify that this weekend.

My initial impressions are good but the gun is a little bigger than I had expected. It's very thin--about as thick as the LCP--but is a little taller than I was expecting. It's actually very similar in overall size to the Ruger LCR.

The sights are good and actually something a guy can use. The gun is devoid of any sharp edges. The loaded chamber indicator actually works. The DAO trigger is rather heavy and has some creepiness but it's certainly perfectly usable.

The sun's doing down so my lighting wasn't the best. Still, here are some pictures comparing the LCR, LCP and LC9.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010515.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010516.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010517.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010519.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010520.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010521.jpg

Pistol Shooter
02-11-11, 16:42
Just picked up a product announcement from Ruger. They are introducing a single stack 9mm sized like the PPS, PF9, and PM9.

Second new product announcement in just a week - Ruger appears to be getting busy...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/Powder_Burn/Forum%20Posts/RugerLC9.jpg

Thanks but no thanks. Walther beat them to the punch years ago, and hit a homerun in the process.

My PPS has run perfectly for two years. :)

8+1 rds. of 9mm, uber reliable and a tack driver.

I've got about 1,500 rds. of assorted fmj and jhp thru it with ZERO malfunctions so far.

Does it cost more than the Ruger? Probably.

Is it worth it? Most definitely.

Buckaroo
02-11-11, 17:48
Thanks but no thanks. Walther beat them to the punch years ago, and hit a homerun in the process.

My PPS has run perfectly for two years. :)

8+1 rds. of 9mm, uber reliable and a tack driver.

I've got about 1,500 rds. of assorted fmj and jhp thru it with ZERO malfunctions so far.

Does it cost more than the Ruger? Probably.

Is it worth it? Most definitely.

What is your comparison based on? Have you handled or shot the Ruger? I'd like to hear your side by side comparison rather than your biased opinion.

Thanks

Buckaroo

Tokarev
02-11-11, 23:27
I carried my little LC9 around in a pants pocket this morning. The gun is light and thin but is still probably a little too big to be a true "pocket pistol." It looks like the LCP is still going to be the best bet for pocket carry depending on one's wardrobe.

With that in mind, I'm currently in the market for an IWB holster. As with most new pistols, it'll take awhile for holster makers to catch up.

ST911
02-12-11, 11:16
Someone take a pic with the LC9 and a Glock subcompact together.

Tokarev
02-12-11, 11:25
Someone take a pic with the LC9 and a Glock subcompact together.

I'll see what I can do.

I sold my G27 awhile ago but my local dealer has a couple in his display case. I'm sure he won't mind me taking some pictures.

Too bad I'm out of town or I'd get it done this morning. As it is, I'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

Tokarev
02-13-11, 16:37
I ran about 50 rounds of 125gr and 115gr ball through my LC9 this morning. Recoil is stiff but certainly manageable and the gun shot it point of aim at fifteen yards.

I shot the gun for group at seven and fifteen yards. My groups were decent and, at 15yds, the entire magazine could have been covered with a coffee cup.

The gun is small and thin and I had a couple instances where my support hand caught against the slide stop and kept the slide from locking open when empty.

I'll try to get some JHP ammo fired through the gun within the next couple of days.

Disassembled:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010524.jpg
Three dot sights:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010535.jpg
Polymer frame with machined aluminum internal framework:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010526.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/P1010523.jpg

rubberneck
02-13-11, 17:05
Another gun made with no regard for left handed shooters. You'd think in this day and age that sort of shortsighted approach to firearm design would have been a thing of the past.

Tokarev
02-15-11, 19:23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwMjE1LTAwMDMwLmpwZw.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwMjE1LTAwMDMxLmpwZw.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Ruger%20LC9/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwMjE1LTAwMDMyLmpwZw.jpg

ST911
02-16-11, 11:20
Comparison Photos for the LC9 and Glock 27

Thanks. Looks like the LC9 doesn't have much of a size advantage on the Glock subs.

Tokarev
02-16-11, 11:44
Thanks. Looks like the LC9 doesn't have much of a size advantage on the Glock subs.

In height and length they are virtually identical. The Ruger is about 3/4 the width of the Glock and feels a tiny bit lighter.

I'd think the Ruger is about as small and thin as a 9mm can be currently made while still allowing the pistol to remain somewhat "shootable." Being thin, it should hide fairly well in a tuckable holster or something like the old Thunderwear crotch holsters.

But the Glock certainly does have the advantage of being offered in .40S&W.

Jake'sDad
02-16-11, 15:17
In height and length they are virtually identical. The Ruger is about half the width of the Glock and feels a tiny bit lighter.

Actually, I believe the Glock is only a bit more than a tenth of an inch wider, a third of an inch longer, and two ounces heavier unloaded.

http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gid=20088&gun=pistol

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LC9.htm

Tokarev
02-16-11, 15:47
Actually, I believe the Glock is only a bit more than a tenth of an inch wider, a third of an inch longer, and two ounces heavier unloaded.

http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gid=20088&gun=pistol

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LC9.htm

I edited my last post to show about a 25% reduction in overall thickness when compared to the Glock 27. From what I've seen, the Ruger measures .90" and the Glock measures 1.18"

The grip on the Ruger is much smaller than the grip on the Glock. Of course the Ruger uses a single stack mag to achieve this reduction.

trob_205
02-16-11, 21:28
the gun looks cool but if i get a SC 9mm ill prolly go with a SR9c... i love my SR9 and i hope the baby version would treat me well too...

DanjojoUSMC
02-16-11, 22:17
I like that they tried to make it less obvious that they are using Kel Tec's designs for "inspiration", but would stick with the grand-daddy Kel Tec P-11. Smaller even with 10rd. flush fit magazines and 15 year history of being very reliable - don't know about the new 12rd. flush magazines.

I'm sure many who jumped on the LCP will end up grabbing the LC9 also.

VolGrad
02-18-11, 15:47
My local shop called me today at lunch to tell me the LC9s were in. I went on my way home from work.

Range report: IT SUCKED. I didn't even leave the store with it. I really, really wanted to like it too.

First off, it's freakin' HUGE. There is no way on Earth it could be pocket carried by this little guy. None. I might as well try to pocket carry my G26 which is actually a good shooter AND carries more rounds. The gun is as long and tall as a G26 but only slightly thinner.

Next we'll address the ergos. They suck too. It is styled pretty much like the LCP. Now, I like the LCP but it's smaller so where the grip squares off in the rear isn't that big of a deal as my hands still melt around it. With the LC9 the part of my thumb web that hits the rear corner/edge of the grip was extremely uncomfortable. I suspect this would be even worse in live fire when you have to bear down on this little beast to manage the recoil.

The thumb safety ... if one wanted to use it ... is very odd. It's very stiff. That would work itself in so not a big issue. The issue is the placement and direction it pivots. It pivots exactly opposite of a 1911. It is also far enough toward the rear of the pistol I can't engage/disengage it without entirely shifting my grip. I tried using the knuckle on my thumb with no success. Same for all the other guys in the shop.

The trigger ... where do I start. I could live with the loooooooong pull but the reset made me downright angry. There is a very audible, felt "click" about halfway out where you would think a reset point would be. You would be wrong, still a dead trigger. It doesn't reset until almost all the way out. I didn't recall that happening on my LCP but tried one in the store and lo and behold it does the same thing. Very odd. Like I said, the fact you get a sound and feel the click but it isn't a reset is just plain WRONG.

SO ... HUGE, bad ergos, bad thumb safety, and crappy trigger reset. No dice.

PS It also has a mag disconnect.

Rmplstlskn
02-18-11, 17:46
Thanks for the range report VolGrad... Informative, and worrisome, as it is looking less likely for me... What has kept me away from the LCP is the trigger... I hate it! Now the 9mm has the same bad trigger? Bummer...

Rmpl

VolGrad
02-18-11, 18:32
Thanks for the range report VolGrad... Informative, and worrisome, as it is looking less likely for me... What has kept me away from the LCP is the trigger... I hate it! Now the 9mm has the same bad trigger? Bummer...

Rmpl

Here's the thing though. I like my LCP. I just have different expectations of it. I know the sights are basically non-existant, the caliber is anemic, and the trigger blows. But I look at the LCP and say, "This sucks .... but it's better than nothing and can be carried completely covert when I can't (or shouldn't) carry anything at all."

When I look at the LC9 I say, "This sucks AND I can't really carry it truly covert. The caliber is better, the sights are better, but everything else sucks. Might as well carry a gun I can shoot really well and am 100% confident in ... a G26 or G19."

Sad and :confused: .

PS But on a good note I save a ton of money because I didn't purchase the pistol and won't have to shoot hundreds of rounds of ammo through it before trusting it for carry duty. I also won't have to wait around for holster makers to get molds and such. I guess I should actually be happy it sucked.

Now ... I just need to keep talking myself out of the P30L and/or M&P45, esp since I have cash left over now. Must resist.

SWAT Lt.
02-20-11, 09:56
I recently handled one at a LGS and was unimpressed. The gun didn't fit my hand well, had a manual safety that was difficult to engage with the shooting hand thumb, and the slide stop was impossible to release, even without a mag in the gun, without extreme effort. I lost any interest I may have had after handling it.

SIG is coming out with the P-290 but it holds no interest after seeing pics of it and loking at the specs.

I would love for Glock to make a single stack 9mm (like everyone else on the planet) but it looks like that is not going to happen. They appear to be more concerned with making an AR with their name on it.

S&W is rumored to be designing a smaller, single stack pistol. If they do, they will sell a boatload of them (if they model it after the M&P series and not the Bodyguard series of pistols). We'll see.

Tokarev
02-20-11, 10:04
Here's a video that helps explain why Ruger went with a manual safety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z8ZUiNBMhs

PdxMotoxer
02-20-11, 14:09
As a "Lefty" I LOVE my LCP but sad that ruger went the same way as the taurus millennium pro and did the righty only safety.

Let's hope that when S&W do their "single stack 9mm" that if they are going to go with a manual safety they figure out
that maybe it should be an ambi one like they did on their M&P's. (NOT the bodyguard that went righty only)

I did get to hold a LC9 and my first impression seems to fit with others.
"It's a whole lot bigger than i expected"
Yes it is thin like my pf9 but bigger than a Kahr and IMHO to big for
effective pocket carry in anything other than cargo pants/shorts.

I'm looking for something like my pf9 only reliable.