PDA

View Full Version : Mi 3 Gun Championship Match - October 14th

ramcharger
08-20-07, 22:09
Hi Folks,

We have some announcements to make about our Michigan 3 Gun Championship match coming up on Sunday, October 14th. Due to various factors including staffing, budgetary constraints, and the overall Michigan economy making shots in the D zone, we have decided to scale back just a bit.

The Championship Match is changing as follows:

First, it's cheaper! We are reducing the cost to $30 if you pre-register before October 1st. After October 1st, entry will cost $40, and entries will be taken all the way up until the morning of the match, or until we max out at approximately 80 shooters. Please help us to plan appropriately for enough food, beverages, and staff by getting those applications in as soon as you can.

Second, it's still 8 great stages! Same shooting (a LOT), less money, win-win.

Third, no real-time scoring. Scores will come out that night or the following day like usual. The plus side is that the awards for the top finishers will be personalized, rather than generic, and will go out to folks the week after the match.

Fourth, no T-Shirts. Sorry folks, we aren't able to get shirts designed and printed for the match this year.

To those that have already registered: We can't thank you enough for getting on board on-time! We hope you will stay registered and will accept a refund of the extra match fee you pre-paid, and likewise if you sent in money for a Shirt. As a small token of our gratitude for helping to get this match off the ground, you will receive a free T-shirt for next years championship match.

Thank You,
mi3gun.com

ramcharger
09-19-07, 21:16

MICHIGAN 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

SUNDAY OCTOBER 14th

LIVINGSTON GUN CLUB, BRIGHTON, MI

We have 8 stages of multi-gun action shooting for you. Minimum round count for the match is 209 total rounds, but this is where it gets a little complicated, because on many stages you will make the decision of how to solve the problem in front of you. Here are the maximums of each if you were to use the most of any one gun - 131 Pistol rounds, 74 Shotshell rounds, and 116 Rifle rounds.
Here is what you get to look forward to;
You might start out by cutting your way thru a fence, taking out a guard quietly with your knife and save your buddy from an intense interrogation. You might want to practice shooting lights out so they don’t see you coming, and don’t forget how to shoot a lock off a gate. You might come across a blind house. You’ll have to breach the front door with your shotgun to gain entry, we don’t believe in knocking around here, and decide if you want to clear it with your scattergun or your pistol. Make sure you know your rifles POI, because we’ve got head shots at 100 yards and insurgents in your face. I won’t ask you to dig a fox hole this match, but you might find one on the way. We found a helicopter for the match, I don’t know if it will fly, but I’m sure you’ll find out before the days over if you survive the mission. While you’re watching late night TV, think about what you would do if you hear noises coming from outside. We also have a jungle run that’s turned into an obstacle course.
If you are able to help setup on Saturday or RO and shoot the match on Sunday, contact me, I’ll let you shoot the match for free. mailto:brymer@mi3gun.com
Sign up starts at 7:30 am, shooters meeting at 8:45 and shooting begins at 9:00 am.
Lunch is available for a small fee
Check out www.mi3gun.com for info, Pictures and Video
You have less than 2 weeks to get your applications in, Git R Done now!
Pre-registration and Match fee is $30.00
It’s $40 after October 1st
Applications are available on our website
Any questions check out www.mi3gun.com See you there!!!

ramcharger
09-25-07, 20:11
Hey Shooters,
Where are all the hard-core shooters, you know the ones that don’t need them optical sights or the ones that pump them scatterguns. I’m looking over the entries and we got lots of Tactical and a few Open shooters, but Limited, He-Man and Trooper divisions are falling behind. I know that King Jeff has thrown down the gauntlet and has challenged all comers in Trooper. How about you guys with them big bored handguns and 12 gauge pump scatterguns, come on out and show them what 3 Gun shooting is all about. Check out the 5 divisions we have, everyone has equipment to fit into one of them.
See You There, you need to be registered by October 1st.
mi3gun.com

ramcharger
10-02-07, 21:40

SUNDAY OCTOBER 14th

We have 8 stages of multi-gun action shooting for you.

Minimum round count for the match is 209 total rounds.

The stages are being updated based upon the latest Intel. I’m getting unconfirmed data at this time that there could be an armored vehicle or a building to be breached. So in Michigan 3 Gun fashion (we don’t do anything small around here), There just might be a .50 BMG here for you to take it out. I’d make sure you double plug for that stage :)
We have lots of buildings to deal with and hostiles everywhere. If you have a smoke mask, this might be the time to break it out. I wouldn’t be surprised to see, at least try to see, smoke everywhere and burning debris also. You might also have to deal with targets on ziplines. Remember to practice all your skills and a few more, I’m still thinking :)

I am looking for help to setup on Saturday or RO and shoot the match on Sunday, contact me, I’ll let you shoot the match for free. mailto:brymer@mi3gun.com

Sign up starts at 7:30 am, shooters meeting at 8:45 and shooting begins at 9:00 am.

Lunch is available for a small fee

Pre-registration and Match fee is $40.00

Applications are available on our website

Any questions check out www.mi3gun.com See you there!!!:) :)

ramcharger
10-05-07, 20:38
Cavalry Arms Sponsors Mi 3 Gun Championship – October 14th

Our friends at Cavalry Arms will give a $100 gift certificate to the winner of Trooper division.
There will also be an additional $100 gift certificate randomly giving to one of the other shooter classes.

ramcharger
10-16-07, 11:10

I would like to thank everyone for making this match a great success

This is our first year and we learned a great deal. I would like to thank Curt for keeping all the logistics together, our range officers, and set up staff, many that had to drive hours to get here. I also want to thank all our shooters and new friends for their support. Many of our competitors also traveled hours from across our state, many came from other states and even across the border every month to play our game. I would like to thank Russell Phagan of Cavalry Arms for coming all the way from Arizona and supporting our Trooper division with a $100 gift certificate and providing another certificate for our random drawing. They offer a shooters reward program, check out their web site for more info. It was a great opportunity for me to gain Intel for next year. Thank You All.
Now to the match, we had almost 10 shooters show up at the door, so we had to create a new squad and alter the existing ones. I didn’t get time to test the BMG and I’m sorry we had to pull that out of the match. I didn’t find out about the possibility of tactical rain until Friday night on the news, but we endured anyway in true trooper fashion. The stages were set up to challenge and provide you the opportunity to solve them your way. Many cases in was a life saver having multiple guns available, because I saw some primaries fail during the stage. It was also interesting to see how different people solve the same problem in different ways. It was a great time, and we had a great lunch provided for us.
Now for the future, we are going to cancel our November match, due to my schedule. I hope to have a fun match maybe February or March, Trooper style; we’ll deal with the weather. Next year we are moving our matches to the 3rd Sunday each month. We are also going to have a championship weekend next year, Saturday, August 16th will be our Shotgun and Sunday August 17th will be our 3 Gun Championship Matches. The details we come later, but plan on spending the weekend with us. Make sure you are signed up on our web site for any updates and info. I again want to thank everyone for your help and support for our program this year and look forward to seeing you all next year.
Thank You