PDA

View Full Version : American Defense Scout mount, thumbs up

ccoker
01-03-11, 20:07
I had already verified this mount returns to zero when removed and put back on the gun (WC 6.8 SPC 18" Recon)

cool, but how's this for a test?

Twice I have removed mount from the gun, and the scope from the mount and put it all back together...
When I went to check zero, it was dead on.
I did this on yesterday evening and checked zero by doing a head shot at 250 yards on a steel target, it has a 6x6 "head" First shot, DINK! and down it went.

Picked a small rock on the berm at 250 yards and nailed it.

Moved out to 500 yards and was hitting a 12x12 steel plate every time

That's very impressive to be able to completely remove the rings and put it all back together and still RTZ!
That means very tight manufacturing tolerances for American Defense.

Pretty impressive if you ask me...
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6976/11142010rangedaydadandm.jpg

ALCOAR
01-03-11, 20:31
I currently switched back to running only Recon X's however I performed your same experiment to some degree after being curious about the Scout's ability to RTZ for a few years....never busted the optic completely outta the rings but after dozens and dozens of re-mounts w. the scout x, I never lost a zero.

I have never lost a zero with any ADM mount after years of running them....from the glass mounts, to the RDS mounts. The peps behind these mounts are equally as fantastic.

http://i30.tinypic.com/sdz6o6.jpg

Sone
01-03-11, 21:17
thats great news, I just ordered two of these mounts

ucrt
01-03-11, 21:36

I think ADM's are great. I have a 1/3 Co-Witness ADM with a T-1. I shot 5-shots, removed it, tapped it on the table a few times, remounted, 5-shots, removed it, tapped, remounted, 5-shots...until I had 20-shots and my 50-yard benched 20-shot group was 1-3/4" with PMC ammo. I was impressed.

I think ADM has got it together and well worth the money.

deadduck357
01-03-11, 23:04
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6976/11142010rangedaydadandm.jpg

CCoker, either this pic is playing with my eyes or that is a scout that I have never seen. Is there something mounted right in front of the scout mount ?

ccoker
01-04-11, 06:39
CCoker, either this pic is playing with my eyes or that is a scout that I have never seen. Is there something mounted right in front of the scout mount ?

it's a Daniel Defense offset sling QR mount

J-Dub
01-04-11, 07:05
great timing!!

I've been looking for a replacement for my burris pepr, and this was in my top two...

Think i'll go with ADM

kwelz
01-04-11, 07:51
ADM makes great gear. I prefer them over Larue myself.

Belmont31R
01-04-11, 08:01
I was out there Sun from about 130-330PM must just missed you.

ccoker
01-04-11, 09:30
I was out there Sun from about 130-330PM must just missed you.

sort of an impromptu range visit for me, had to go pick up some sausage from a processor in Bertram, and the wind had died down..
I got there right at 5

I was going to run a different scope for this weekend's hunt but decided to use the S&B so I put it back on and needed to verify zero

I love the range, able to get in and setup quickly
pulled in, paid, went to the bench and within probably 5 minutes of pulling through the gate I was shooting.

Nice to be able to use the steel too instead of having to wait for a cease fire to put up clean paper...
I prefer paper for testing groups but when my first shot at the head knocked it down and the 2nd shot I aimed just over the top of it and saw the dirt hit dead center and just over the head I felt very good about using it this weekend..

Very cool facility

Belmont31R
01-04-11, 09:57
Yeah I love it, and you can definitely tell those steel targets are well used. Well at least the 250/500 ones. 750/1k still look pretty good. Sunday was the first time I don't think the wind was really blowing. Got to try for 1k without the wind blowing rounds all over the place.

Where all do you go pig hunting? I was supposed to go to a big place out north of Fredericksburg last year with one my dad's coworkers but it didn't end up working out with the guys RR schedule change at the last minute.

If you are out there and see a silver 350Z that should be me...

MechEng
01-04-11, 10:53
I unintentionally did a similar test, with an AD Scout mount and a Trijicon TR24. I had a Duracoat camo paintjob on my AR and wanted to paint the AD mount and scope to match the rifle. I disassembled the scope from the mount and used a Post-it with a pencil mark as a gauge to relocate the scope within the rings during reassembly. When I took it back to the range for re-zeroing, I noticed that the zero was exactly the same. So I then found one of the old zero targets in my range bag, previously shot with that scope & mount setup, and fired five more rounds through it. The new 10 round group size only increased by about 0.1 inches. American Defense makes some great products.

ccoker
01-04-11, 13:10
Where all do you go pig hunting? I was supposed to go to a big place out north of Fredericksburg last year with one my dad's coworkers but it didn't end up working out with the guys RR schedule change at the last minute.

If you are out there and see a silver 350Z that should be me...

We are on a 7K acre lease just south of Seguin with year round access
I wouldn't say it's overrun with hogs but there are plenty out there..
Some very nice bucks, heading back out this weekend
it's a level 3 MLD so we have until end of Feb

J-Dub
01-13-11, 07:47
Ok i'm about to pull the trigger on a ADM Recon mount for my weaver 1-3x24mm scope.

Right now in a Burris pepr mount i BARELY clear my magpul buis, does anyone know if the ADM mount has less height or more?

I'm kinda nervous that it wont clear...

Tomahawk_Ghost
01-13-11, 11:57
I've been running a Recon X for about a year. It's on a "on the Ranch gun" for coyotes. Get's carried a lot and bumped around. No problems.

Also they're warranty is top notch. It didn't have a warranty card so I called they're customer service. I was told, " If it breaks, send it in, we'll fix it." Can't beat that.

stifled
01-13-11, 13:03
Did you use a torque wrench to tighten the rings back down? I've read a few places that it can greatly improve repeatability after removing rings if you torque the screws the same amount, but have never done it myself.

Thanks for the mini review!