PDA

View Full Version : Scattergun Tech rear sight installation jig.

SpankMonkey
01-03-11, 21:45
Guys who sells the Scattergun Tech rear sight installation jig?

I have a couple older 870s I would like to upgrade with Scattergun/Wilson sights.

Thx for your help.

SpankMonkey
01-07-11, 10:31
Anybody?

terrymo
01-07-11, 10:52
At the time I bought a set of those sights they were made by Trijicon for Scattergun. You might call customer service at Trijicon and see if they can help

GunCat
01-09-11, 08:02
I remember the jig your are referencing but have not seen one for sale in several years.

The drilling/tapping of the 2 holes is easily done on a drill press (if you know how to center the holes on the receiver)

VLODPG
01-09-11, 09:03
The last time I saw the jig available, it was in the Brownells catalog along with the sites but no longer listed online.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=scattergun/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=scattergun

SpankMonkey
01-09-11, 19:03
Thx for the info guys. I will keep searching, I'm not the best working with metal.

HomelessRDP
01-15-11, 23:52
The sights come with blue prints to drill and tap. Only takes a couple mins on a mill and not too long to measure and drill on a drill press.

number1olddog
01-16-11, 08:06
My buddy sent in his receiver to Remington and had it drilled so he could add a rear sight just like the tactical models do. I don't remember how much he paid though