PDA

View Full Version : Polish Underfolder

Fuzzy-Reticle
01-04-11, 15:52
I know the monkeys at Century are not known for quality but sometimes they get it right. I had two Yugo M70B rifles from them that where put together well and shot pretty darn good.

They now have a Polish Under Folder AKMS that is supposed to be an upgrade from the Romanian underfolders that are on the market.

Since many consider the Polish AK to be among one of the better AKs going I wonder how this stacks up? It is listed as having a Nodak Spud reciever (pretty good from all accounts) and a new US made barrel (probably but cant confirm Green Mountain). If the rest of the rifle is made from Polish components it should be pretty good for the price AS LONG AS IT WAS ASSEMBLED CORRECTLY.

What say you? Worth gambling on another Century rifle. I had good luck with the last 2 Yugos? Or should I just buy a Draco and SBR it?

Flame suit on. :laugh:

m4brian
01-04-11, 19:13
My Yugo M70 from CAI seems to shoot pretty darn well for an AK in my novice hands - its on another thread.

ChicagoTex
01-04-11, 21:54
No flame suit necessary, just the usual stuff:

1. Everytime you buy from CAI you roll the dice. Inspecting prior to buying is highly encouraged, as the most common problems (out-of-spec magwell, canted front sight/gas block) are relatively easily detectable.

2. Because AKs are anything but standardized, replacement barrels almost always reduce accuracy, regardless of who manufactures the replacement.

I'm sure someone like Templar or SteyrAUG will be along in due time to share with you some more specific stuff.

SteyrAUG
01-04-11, 23:51
The big problem with most current 922r AKs, even those made with Nodak receivers, is the non spec US made barrel. The problem with the older CAI guns was those with a modified mag well and crap grade fire control 922r parts.

These problems have been solved with things like Nodak receivers and G2 fire control parts. Unfortunately the barrel ban has created a new "parts gun" issue and most US made barrels leave a LOT to be desired.

Shame too, because the Poles built some very high quality AKs. I was lucky enough to grab one a couple years back with an original polish barrel, G2 FCG and a Nodak receiver. Sadly those days are gone.