PDA

View Full Version : Will 33-rd 9mm Glock mag work in a Glock .40 S&W?

Rmplstlskn
08-21-07, 12:53
Picked up one cheap as a novelty, but don't yet own a 9mm Glock... (Plan on getting a Glock 19 soon though...)

I remember reading that the 9mm Glock mags can be used for .40 S&W when no other option exists...

So, will this 33-round Glock 9mm mag work in my Glock .40?

The .40 round fits and the mag snaps in securely, and it even cycles by hand... but I have not live fired it yet.

Anyone else try this? Did it work? That 33-rd mag looks like fun...

Rmpl

rubberneck
08-21-07, 13:08
Picked up one cheap as a novelty, but don't yet own a 9mm Glock... (Plan on getting a Glock 19 soon though...)

I remember reading that the 9mm Glock mags can be used for .40 S&W when no other option exists...

So, will this 33-round Glock 9mm mag work in my Glock .40?

The .40 round fits and the mag snaps in securely, and it even cycles by hand... but I have not live fired it yet.

Anyone else try this? Did it work? That 33-rd mag looks like fun...

Rmpl

The 9MM Glocks use the same exact frame as the 40S&W so the mags will fit. The problem is the lips of the mag in 40 is obviously wider than the 9. It may work but it isn't something I would have any trust in.

Rmplstlskn
08-21-07, 22:46
The 9MM Glocks use the same exact frame as the 40S&W so the mags will fit. The problem is the lips of the mag in 40 is obviously wider than the 9. It may work but it isn't something I would have any trust in.

No trust.... Just some fun.

I'll try it out soon, if I ever make it to the range.

Rmpl

-Wes-
08-22-07, 12:46
Scherer makes the extended mags for calibers other than 9mm. If it's just for fun I'd give those a try (pretty pricey though).