PDA

View Full Version : replacement extractors

MTechnik
01-05-11, 15:26
I want to buy a couple of replacement extractors to keep on the shelf (I like shooting steel case ammo). But I heard that the extractor upgrade kit at BCM is only if you're having issues.

Is there a source for a good quality extractor (and roll pin, I guess) that I can order a few from at a reasonable cost? Should I also get new black inserts and o-rings to go with them?

Thanks!

RD62
01-05-11, 16:10
The ones from BCM should serve you well.

I don't typically run O-rings, but it can't hurt to have the extra inserts and o-rings around if you need them and they are cheap.

shadow65
01-05-11, 16:27
I use the BCM's. The black extractor and extra power spring is probably enough. Try it before you install the o-ring. It takes pliers for me to compress the extractor enough for the O-ring.

Hound_va
01-05-11, 17:51
I want to buy a couple of replacement extractors to keep on the shelf (I like shooting steel case ammo). But I heard that the extractor upgrade kit at BCM is only if you're having issues.

Just curious where you heard that? If it was here on this site, I think I know the thread you got that from and I believe you may have misunderstood what was said and why.