PDA

View Full Version : M&P.45 trigger job difference.

rickp
01-05-11, 17:11
Hey guys let me ask you a question.

I just pulled the trigger on a M&P .45 and want to get the trigger worked on.
I read a lot or great reviews about the Apex trigger and I also read the reviews about Bowie Tactical.

First what's the big difference? Why one over the other? IF so.

What's you're ultimate recommendation? Me just dropping the Apex trigger in or sending it off?

Thanks

R.

Biggy
01-05-11, 18:44
IMHO Bowie Tactical probably has the best smithed trigger you will find and will offer you more options to suit your trigger preferences. Apex Tactical no doubt has the best drop in fire control parts (A2 tool steel hard sear, etc.). They are also coming out with a new forward sitting sear and new trigger for those that like a more forward breaking trigger.

Irish10
01-05-11, 19:36
My M&P 45 had the action/trigger job done by the S&W performance center and I was extremely impressed until I installed the Apex parts on my M&P 357. IMO. the Apex kits are the only way to go and it will take you maybe a 1/2 hour if you have any type of mechanical background, if not maybe an hour but the main advantage is that if you keep your original parts and re-install them if your gun ever needs warranty work, your good to go with the Bowie work it will invalidate the warranty as it can't be changed back. Something to think about !