PDA

View Full Version : Geisselle's new Three gun trigger.

Alaskapopo
01-06-11, 00:15
Well I have used it now for about 1 month and I don't like it that much. Its alright but mine has a bit of creep and I just can't get used to it. I prefer my older two stage Geisselle triggers. I may try a JP again. A friend of mine has one on his rifle and it breaks clean with no creep. I moved the Geisselle three gun trigger to my patrol rifle and I put a two stage back into my three gun rifle.
pat

RGR
01-06-11, 00:30
Overall I have been fairly satisfied with my G3G Trigger. That said it took me a couple of weeks of dry fire drills and a couple of trips to the range to get use to it.

I have not experienced much creep with mine other then I noticed in dry firing that I was waiting to feel that wall between stages and that I was slightly pausing at that point.

Alaskapopo
01-06-11, 00:38
Overall I have been fairly satisfied with my G3G Trigger. That said it took me a couple of weeks of dry fire drills and a couple of trips to the range to get use to it.

I have not experienced much creep with mine other then I noticed in dry firing that I was waiting to feel that wall between stages and that I was slightly pausing at that point.

Mine is find for speed drills but when I try to bear down and shoot groups I have to ride the trigger very slowly to control the shot. It usually breaks before I want it to. I think its a lot better than most triggers and miles ahead of a GI trigger but I prefer the older two stage adjustable triggers from Geisselle.
Pat

Belmont31R
01-06-11, 00:40
I said it was lighting quick....:cool:

ALCOAR
01-06-11, 04:52
Mine is find for speed drills but when I try to bear down and shoot groups I have to ride the trigger very slowly to control the shot. It usually breaks before I want it to. I think its a lot better than most triggers and miles ahead of a GI trigger but I prefer the older two stage adjustable triggers from Geisselle.
Pat

The portion in bold is a design feature...not a flaw or otherwise malfunction or abnormality. Creep however is another issue and I would def. contact GA about that if it's a problem. I can say that a cpl. SD-E's and a SD-C have zero creep and imho, they are damn spot on. Sorry to hear about your exp. w. this trigger but since it's a GA unit, you have the best CS in the world and I would consult with them first. Contacting the company first esp. one like GA usually makes the problem go away.

Alaskapopo
01-06-11, 05:42
The portion in bold is a design feature...not a flaw or otherwise malfunction or abnormality. Creep however is another issue and I would def. contact GA about that if it's a problem. I can say that a cpl. SD-E's and a SD-C have zero creep and imho, they are damn spot on. Sorry to hear about your exp. w. this trigger but since it's a GA unit, you have the best CS in the world and I would consult with them first. Contacting the company first esp. one like GA usually makes the problem go away.

I don't think the trigger is faulty except for the tad bit of creep. What I am saying is I just don't care for it. I am not throwing it away I am just not going to use it on my three gun rifle.
Pat

Failure2Stop
01-06-11, 05:47
I don't think the trigger is faulty except for the tad bit of creep. What I am saying is I just don't care for it. I am not throwing it away I am just not going to use it on my three gun rifle.
Pat

By you saying that it is going into your patrol rifle should we take that to mean that it is servicable for fighting, just not as much as a competitive advantage as your adjusted 2-stage?
Or am I reading between the lines wrong?

Alaskapopo
01-06-11, 05:53
By you saying that it is going into your patrol rifle should we take that to mean that it is servicable for fighting, just not as much as a competitive advantage as your adjusted 2-stage?
Or am I reading between the lines wrong?

Yes its a serviceable trigger. The only time I find it a disadvantage is on longer shots. Its fine for shooting fast up close.
Pat

ALCOAR
01-06-11, 09:04
10-4....I think I am tracking, basically your just not a fan of the actual trigger feel or design instead of the actual trigger being flawed or otherwise in some manner defective minus the small creep you refer to.

I have not used either of the 3gun triggers but I will be completely honest and say that I'm inclined to believe I wouldnt be a fan of it or the design/pull. I run 2stage triggers exclusively and have done so for many yrs. minus a cpl. crappy stock colt fcg's that I did not have the liberty of changing out to two stagers. I like a really crisp breaking, and almost more importantly..a clean and very predictable two stages regardless of the pull's weight. The 3gun triggers sound extremely radical to me and what I am accustomed to.

Cold
01-06-11, 11:44
I have not used either of the 3gun triggers but I will be completely honest and say that I'm inclined to believe I wouldnt be a fan of it or the design/pull. I run 2stage triggers exclusively and have done so for many yrs. minus a cpl. crappy stock colt fcg's that I did not have the liberty of changing out to two stagers. I like a really crisp breaking, and almost more importantly..a clean and very predictable two stages regardless of the pull's weight. The 3gun triggers sound extremely radical to me and what I am accustomed to.

I like it personally for the same reasons you listed. That said, I prefer their super dynamic enhanced trigger at this point, which is the model with the flat trigger. It reminds me of a non adjustable DMR, if that makes sense. I have used or currently own every trigger they mfg and have rotated between a few. For now I settled on the DMR , Super Dynamic Enhanced and the Super 3 Gun in my various competition rifles. I still think the DMR is an excellent choice given the ability to fine tune it to you liking.

Alaskapopo
01-26-11, 01:08
I have played with this trigger some more since I last posted. I am slowly starting to like it. I don't like it as much for the longer stuff but its very fast on up close targets. I mean faster than I have been able to shoot before.
Pat

Negolien
01-26-11, 09:56
Hey all,

I think it's important to note also Geissele's offers a variety of trigger in both single and 2-stage offerings with a clear idea of what that particular trigger is set-up for. The 3gun and SD3gun are for fast follow-up shots not precision 1000 yard shots. I think the E series would better suit Popo by what he's giving as feedback. That's one of the reasons I went with this company was the clear descriptions of their designed uses. That, their CS reputation, Quality, R&D and customer loyalty. Any chances you might try some of the adjustable SD-E series popo? I think they started to get more into simple drop in's over the adjustable to appeal to a more general population too yes?

As a side note you're brave carrying that on duty lol I wouldn't even chamber a round with that trigger unless I was prepared to fire it atm lol. I have to say that SD3Gun is one of the faster triggers I have used so far though I' am new to the long gun.

Alaskapopo
03-20-11, 02:27
Ok I now love this trigger. I have been shooting it a lot lately and I have gotten used to it and can shoot good groups now and I love how it breaks faster on close up shots. I am not sold. A side benefit is I tried this trigger with my Spikes 22 upper and it ran fine. Now I have to buy another trigger for my practice rifle.
Pat

bp7178
03-20-11, 03:03
I said it was lighting quick....

Boy, you ain't lying....

I hated the reset on a SSA when trying to go fast.

I almost wish the S3G had a slightly more detectable second stage, for long shots. But, the reset is beautiful.

I think Geissele's description of the trigger pull of the S3G is right on the money.

Ma'at
03-20-11, 22:56
I bought this trigger, the SD-3G. I won't know shoot from shine-ola because it's my first big expensive trigger investment, but I bought it according to what the description said about it and my idea as to what I want for my rifle. I actually intend to use it for when my .308 build comes together, but I might go try it out tomorrow in an AR15 if it doesn't snow. I just wish I knew someone else with other geissele triggers so I could get a feel for the differences.

I just like the idea of super-fast reset, and the way it behaves during dry-firing is sort of...single stage...with glassy smooth creep...but not in a bad way. It's like a smokin hot girl in a bathing suit...soaked head to toe in jell-o. Do you want her climbing on you in your clean clothes? Well, how hot is she actually...really hot, or just like an 8.5? Maybe I'll find out tomorrow I guess. I hate doing laundry, she better be at least a 9.

Alaskapopo
03-20-11, 23:42
I bought this trigger, the SD-3G. I won't know shoot from shine-ola because it's my first big expensive trigger investment, but I bought it according to what the description said about it and my idea as to what I want for my rifle. I actually intend to use it for when my .308 build comes together, but I might go try it out tomorrow in an AR15 if it doesn't snow. I just wish I knew someone else with other geissele triggers so I could get a feel for the differences.

I just like the idea of super-fast reset, and the way it behaves during dry-firing is sort of...single stage...with glassy smooth creep...but not in a bad way. It's like a smokin hot girl in a bathing suit...soaked head to toe in jell-o. Do you want her climbing on you in your clean clothes? Well, how hot is she actually...really hot, or just like an 8.5? Maybe I'll find out tomorrow I guess. I hate doing laundry, she better be at least a 9.
Dude I don't care if she is covered in mud she can climb all over me!
Pat

Ma'at
03-21-11, 00:00
Dude I don't care if she is covered in mud she can climb all over me!
Pat

Eh, I'm spoiled, and I really really hate laundry day lol.

Wormydog1724
06-13-11, 21:47
I'd like an update on this trigger guys. Anybody still using it? Have you used in competition? Hate it? Love it? Is the 'creep' issue solved or was it just a getting used to phase thing?

I have never used anything other than GI triggers and this is my first aftermarket, or whatever you wanna call it, fire control group. I shoot 3 gun and other rifle competitions that are mostly 40 yards and in to 1 yard. Double taps are a must. There is usually the one 'long range' stage that reaches out to 300. These have proven to be my crutch. If I really get set-up I can hit pretty consistently, but under the rush of the timer and adrenaline, I have a lot of misses. Check out my YouTube vids and you'll see what I mean. Again I am currently using an Armalite LPK, which really isn't that bad of a trigger, but I am hoping this trigger will 'cure' some of the long range fouls. I know a trigger is no substitute for practice, but surely this trigger can't hurt?

I need some reassurance from you guys that I didn't eff up when I ordered this instead of a JP.

CoryCop25
06-14-11, 00:37
I have an SSA and I love it. I wanted to try a super dynamic trigger but I also wanted to keep an open mind about Geissele's new offerings. I tried the SD, the SD-E and the SD 3gun. I ended up taking home the SD-3G and I am going to shoot it tomorrow. So far, dry fire practice is comfortable and the reset is fast. I like to shoot fast and I think this will be the trigger for me. The 3gun triggers are what is called a rolling 2 stage trigger. This means that the first stage "rolls" into the second stage. This means as the first stage is depressed, the second stage activates, giving you a surprise break.

Ma'at
06-14-11, 00:48
I've got about 800 rounds under mine, it's definitely fast as hell. I had a "bad guy" target stapled up at 100 yards a few weeks ago, my buddy stood behind me with his shot timer. BEEP Raised the gun, looked through the scope (ACOG TA-33r8), and hammered off 10 rounds as fast as I could go. The average dwell between shots was about .12-.14 seconds. We went down to look at the target, and it appears as if my first 3 shots hit the guy in the dick (lol), and the rest walked right up until the last one was planted in his forehead.

Trigger works!

Mine is the special one from midway with the flat trigger face. I'm really warming up to it.

Failure2Stop
06-14-11, 09:15
I like mine.
Definately better than the LMT 2-stage, especially in the reset department.

ccoker
06-14-11, 13:34
I would like to try one, I just got a Wilson 3gun and have a single stage TTU that was set to 3lbs on my Wilson 6.8. I love that trigger!

the 3gun has a tiny bit of "roll" to it, no creep, light and clean break, and a very short reset. (so does the single stage TTU)

I do think it's faster than the single stage TTU but haven't shot beyond 100 yards with it, that's changing this weekend. Will shoot out to 750 and use in a 3 gun event..

I also have a tuned JP singlestage in another rifle that I like alot..

Just personally don't like 2 stage triggers
Guess it's from growing up shooting nice bolt actions with 2lb triggers and 1911s

Wormydog1724
06-14-11, 18:32
Mine comes in this week, I plan on putting a 90 rounds through it before I take a two day class this Saturday and Sunday with another 1000-1200 rounds. If I hate it after the first 90, I won't use it for the class. But if there is any inkling that I might like it, I'll let you know what I found out after the class. I'm kinda pumped.

CoryCop25
06-15-11, 00:24
Mine comes in this week, I plan on putting a 90 rounds through it before I take a two day class this Saturday and Sunday with another 1000-1200 rounds. If I hate it after the first 90, I won't use it for the class. But if there is any inkling that I might like it, I'll let you know what I found out after the class. I'm kinda pumped.

PM me if you hate it :D

Wormydog1724
06-27-11, 21:15
Got to try it out last week and this past weekend in the High Plains Shooting Challenge. and the verdict is.... I LOVE IT.

Some video from the match :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5n0s1Py-jM

FML on the long range :suicide2:

CoryCop25
06-28-11, 01:25
Nice job! Too bad you like the trigger:D. If possible, post a pic of your camera set up on your rifle. That was very nice!