PDA

View Full Version : Geissele 3GS/SSE Comparison

Failure2Stop
01-06-11, 06:08
Looking for those with experience on the Geissele Super 3 Gun and Super Semi-Auto Enhanced triggers. I am not trying to find the "best", just trying to see what will fit my intended application the best. I want the rifle to be fast at 3 to 100, but also aid in long-range precision shooting.

The triggers are only about $30 apart from each other, so it isn't really a cost concern given that I will have to drop ~200 for a trigger of this grade.

If there are other options that fit the application I don't mind hearing about them, but please be able to compare them to Geissele triggers as I only have experience with them and the mediocre LMT 2-stage triggers.

Thanks in advance.
-F2S

mtdawg169
01-06-11, 12:23
The new Giesselle "Super somethingorother - Dynamic" triggers with the flattened trigger face may be of interest to you also. I only have experience with the SSA, so I can't provide a comparison. They have been coming out with so many designs lately, that its hard to tell them all apart.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

glocktogo
01-06-11, 13:44
I'm interested in hearing on this as well. I have two Giesselle triggers now, a SSA and a SSF. The SSF feels like two different triggers. In semi, it feels just like my SSA. In full, it feels more like a single stage with short, fast reset. Trigger control on full is excellent. I really want to try the S3G next.

blake-b
01-06-11, 14:24
I have an SSA, SD-3G, and an SD-C. I know you aren't asking about the dynamic series or the standard SSA but perhaps I can shed some light. I would suggest if you want to be surprised with each shot (for long range shooting), get the S3D as it will surprise you. If you want to sort of know when the bang is coming, I suggest the SSA-E as you will be able to tell when you begin the second stage. The fastest, with practice to have the reset burned into muscle memory, is the 3 gun series in my experience. I have not shot any of them with a shot timer to confirm this, this is just how it feels.

I had the SSA in my patrol rifle an it performed wonderfully. I then tried the SD-3G in it. It is almost like a light switch. It is either on/off with a very short reset. I put a service rifle spring in it and tweaked the spring and got the pull up to about 4.5# in the middle of the trigger (remember, these are the flat faced ones) and it was about 3.5# at the bottom. There are no discernible stages with the SD-3G. There is the tiniest tiniest amount of creep that is imperceptible unless you are purposefully trying to detect it and it is so slight that you will end up "pulling" the trigger while attempting to find it.

I settled on the SD-C for my patrol rifle. I came to this conclusion because there are discernible stages that can be felt through gloves and the pull is around 4# at the tip and 4.5-5# in the middle of the trigger. Physical geometry of the triggers aside, the biggest difference between the SSA and the SD-C is the trigger shape. The SD-C does offer the ability to place your trigger finger lower on it and use leverage to make the pull feel even easier than it is.

Belmont31R
01-06-11, 14:45
3gun: Very little reward movement, and the gun will fire. Theres no shelf or block when pull back. Its just a slight reward pull on the trigger, and it fires. Feels like a single stage all the time.

SSA-E: Like the SSA but a little bit lighter. Smooth pull back, and you hit a block which is the 2nd stage. As soon as you pull past the block the gun will fire. If you just pull quickly it will feel like a single stage since you'll not notice the block.

Can't really emphasize enough that the 3gun is very quick, and theres not much movement back. It will feel very quick coming from a LMT 2 stage. Its more like a USGI but quicker, smoother, and much lighter.

For precision shooting I prefer a regular 2 stage like the SSA, SD-C, or DMR trigger. I can pull back through the 1st stage, hit the block, and I know if I pull any more the gun is going to fire. Its good for timing your breathing. The 3 gun might be a bit quick for that. I put the SD-3G in my SR15 for shooting drills, and I don't really ever precision shoot with it except to zero or confirm zero. 3 gun shooting is a bit tricky because it requires short distance fast shooting with some longer range precision mixed in. The 3G triggers are undoubtedly quick for close up rapid shooting but I think it might hamper me a little bit if I was precision shooting. That might just be since Im so used to SSA/SD-C type feel and not single stage like triggers.

payj
01-06-11, 15:58
Belmont, don't you have some video's of this too? I remember watching them and you made it really easy to see the difference in the triggers you were comparing.......

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-06-11, 16:23
Just got back from the indoor range with the SDGE (flat trigger) in my 3-gun set-up. Belmont ain't kidding about it not taking much to go off. Just the slightest hint of travel and all of sudden it has gone off. It isn't that its light (not that its heavy), I think its with that flat face the trigger falls when you have it far farther forward in the trigger guard than with any other rifle. With my standard grip on an AR, the tip of my finger is behind the the farthest out knuckle on the trigger finger. The flat trigger gives a more natural or pistol/1911 orientation with the tip of the trigger finger about even with the first knuckle. The flat trigger has gone off way before most fingers will have even touched a standard curved trigger face. Just a little getting used to, and I'm thinking that if you shoot this trigger a lot, normal triggers are going to feel really looong.

With a 22kit and this trigger, I quickly got in trouble with the range over time between shots. They allow double taps, which I worked up mostly. Glad I got to feel it out a bit before I went live at a real range or comp.

It feels like a toggle switch that you are flicking back and forth to take shots.

SteveL
01-06-11, 16:29
Belmont, don't you have some video's of this too? I remember watching them and you made it really easy to see the difference in the triggers you were comparing.......

There used to be some posted on YouTube, but I tried following the links to them that were posted in a thread here and it said all the vids had been removed.

ALCOAR
01-06-11, 17:29
Just got back from the indoor range with the SDGE (flat trigger) in my 3-gun set-up. Belmont ain't kidding about it not taking much to go off. Just the slightest hint of travel and all of sudden it has gone off. It isn't that its light (not that its heavy), I think its with that flat face the trigger falls when you have it far farther forward in the trigger guard than with any other rifle. With my standard grip on an AR, the tip of my finger is behind the the farthest out knuckle on the trigger finger. The flat trigger gives a more natural or pistol/1911 orientation with the tip of the trigger finger about even with the first knuckle. The flat trigger has gone off way before most fingers will have even touched a standard curved trigger face. Just a little getting used to, and I'm thinking that if you shoot this trigger a lot, normal triggers are going to feel really looong.

With a 22kit and this trigger, I quickly got in trouble with the range over time between shots. They allow double taps, which I worked up mostly. Glad I got to feel it out a bit before I went live at a real range or comp.

It feels like a toggle switch that you are flicking back and forth to take shots.

So true...and in my case this new design feature with the trigger bow that has been moved forward 1/8", and new almost flat faced trigger with just that hint of curve is nothing short of revolutionary in terms of triggers. I now believe I have enough time on the Dynamic's after my first SD-E has close to 4k and now my second having about 800rds so far...so with that said I need no more convincing to understand just how much of an effect these design changes have on almost every aspect of these trigger's pull. I cannot speak on the 3gun models but in my eyes the SD-E w. the SD-C are leaps and bounds better than anything Ive felt and I hate to be a fanboy but those triggers are damn perfect in my eyes. Just for clarity, I believe the SSA's are great triggers but only a few rungs above the LMT offering and not to much better at all compared to KAC's most recent match 2 stage triggers. So lastly and going back to FromMyColdDeadHand's bold text above, curved triggers are ridiculously inefficient feeling at best, and at worst all together are an inferior design to the new Dynamics design.

Here is a short clip of a full cycle using the SD-E...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmy9K1G6k3Q

glocktogo
01-06-11, 17:59
Can someone post a brief synopsis of all the different Giessele trigger models and their differences? It was pretty easy to keep track when they just had three model designations. Now it's becoming like keeping track of 3rd Gen S&W pistol models! Their website is of no help, which is fine so long as they're spending all their time cranking out top quality triggers! :)

ALCOAR
01-06-11, 18:38
High Speed 2 stage match trigger....

DMR- First Stage: 1.3 - 3 pounds (2 pounds nominal) Second Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 pounds

Service- First Stage: 3.2 – 5 pounds (4 pound nominal) Second Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 pounds

Match- First Stage: 1.3 – 3 pounds (2 pound nominal) Second Stage: 4 to 14 ounces

**same actual trigger, just different springs to allow the three diff. pull weights. These are arguably the best triggers for competition, bench, or precision shooting. The break will read your mind. The break on this trigger is like an icicle breaking.

SSA - two stage trigger has a pull at about 4 1/2lbs and by most is considered the most reliable trigger on the market and is a perfect fit for any duty or hard use AR. The break on this trigger is like a carrot breaking.

SSA-E - two stage trigger that unlike what most might assume is not the actual same design as the SSA and doesn't just use diff. springs...its actual engineered differently. This trigger has a pull at about 3 1/2lbs, and has a candy cane like break of the trigger.

SSF - two stage trigger that USSOCOM uses and is the select fire version of the SSA. In S/A it functions as a two stage, in F/A it functions as a single stage.

S3G - the new hybrid trigger featuring a fast reset and the break just disappears. Plenty of discussion on this unit already and I am not that familiar with the 3gun models.

Super Dynamic line of triggers...Trigger bow moved 1/8" forward and features an almost flat faced trigger w. a gentle curve.

SD-C - two stage trigger that has a pull of about 4 1/2 lbs. and is comparable to some degree to the SSA.

SD-E - two stage trigger that has a pull of about 3 1/2lbs. and is comparable to the SSA-E. This trigger has a amazing break.

SD-3G - plenty of discussion already on this trigger and its comparable to the S3G. Its a hybrid trigger and has a very fast reset and overall is a lightning fast trigger to operate.

On another note...after SHOT, GA is due to release a economical option called the Super 2 Stage or S2S for those who usually are relegated to buying an RRA 2stage or the like and it will be very similar to the SSA, just about $50 cheaper retailing for IIrc around $125.

SteveL
01-06-11, 18:50
Thanks for the breakdown Trident.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-06-11, 18:54
Trident- you should have them post that on their website!

Finally an economical 2-stage that I can trust.

Rayrevolver
01-06-11, 19:31
Midway has the Super Dynamic triggers on sale. SD-C is down to $170.

scottryan
01-06-11, 20:30
tag for later reading

glocktogo
01-06-11, 20:57

DMR- First Stage: 1.3 - 3 pounds (2 pounds nominal) Second Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 pounds

Service- First Stage: 3.2 – 5 pounds (4 pound nominal) Second Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 pounds

Match- First Stage: 1.3 – 3 pounds (2 pound nominal) Second Stage: 4 to 14 ounces

**same actual trigger, just different springs to allow the three diff. pull weights. These are arguably the best triggers for competition, bench, or precision shooting. The break will read your mind. The break on this trigger is like an icicle breaking.

SSA - two stage trigger has a pull at about 4 1/2lbs and by most is considered the most reliable trigger on the market and is a perfect fit for any duty or hard use AR. The break on this trigger is like a carrot breaking.

SSA-E - two stage trigger that unlike what most might assume is not the actual same design as the SSA and doesn't just use diff. springs...its actual engineered differently. This trigger has a pull at about 3 1/2lbs, and has a candy cane like break of the trigger.

SSF - two stage trigger that USSOCOM uses and is the select fire version of the SSA. In S/A it functions as a two stage, in F/A it functions as a single stage.

S3G - the new hybrid trigger featuring a fast reset and the break just disappears. Plenty of discussion on this unit already and I am not that familiar with the 3gun models.

Super Dynamic line of triggers...Trigger bow moved 1/8" forward and features an almost flat faced trigger w. a gentle curve.

SD-C - two stage trigger that has a pull of about 4 1/2 lbs. and is comparable to some degree to the SSA.

SD-E - two stage trigger that has a pull of about 3 1/2lbs. and is comparable to the SSA-E. This trigger has a amazing break.

SD-3G - plenty of discussion already on this trigger and its comparable to the S3G. Its a hybrid trigger and has a very fast reset and overall is a lightning fast trigger to operate.

On another note...after SHOT, GA is due to release a economical option called the Super 2 Stage or S2S for those who usually are relegated to buying an RRA 2stage or the like and it will be very similar to the SSA, just about $50 cheaper retailing for IIrc around $125.

Excellent post! Thank you! :)

mkmckinley
01-07-11, 00:52
Not trying to advertise but if you're in the northwest Rainier arms has all of these triggers set up in dummy lowers for you to try. I tried them out and actually found many of them to be pretty similar.

MistWolf
01-07-11, 10:12
Not trying to advertise vut if you're in the northwest Rainier arms has all of these triggers set up in dummy lowers for you to try. I tried them out and actually found all of them to be pretty similar. Unless I was going for long range I would probably get one of the short reset models.

Do you guys actually like a long reset for precision shooting? If so, why?

The 3 gun trigger has been the subject of much discussion but I still don't understand what kind of pull it has. Is it a single stage? Is it a two stage? Is it like a non-stacking long stroke double action? Is it like a short stroke non-stacking DA? Is it like a long stroke stacking DA? Is it like a short stroke stacking DA?

johnson
01-07-11, 10:52
[QUOTE=MistWolf;869576]
The 3 gun trigger has been the subject of much discussion but I still don't understand what kind of pull it has.[QUOTE]

It's like a 2 stage without a wall. There is no hint or stacking that the gun will go off.

El Mac
01-07-11, 11:11

Nice breakdown. I wish they would update their website with this kind of info.

danish
01-07-11, 11:15
How does the flat trigger feel on the Dynamic's compared to the traditional curved of the SS series?? Midway has the Dynamic's on sale right now and the only thing holding me back is the flat trigger not having any time with one. I've been wanting a Geissele for sometime and am feeling now is the time to get one for my new three-gun build and eventually all my rifles.

Belmont31R
01-07-11, 11:19
How does the flat trigger feel on the Dynamic's compared to the traditional curved of the SS series?? Midway has the Dynamic's on sale right now and the only thing holding me back is the flat trigger not having any time with one. I've been wanting a Geissele for sometime and am feeling now is the time to get one for my new three-gun build and eventually all my rifles.

Im growing to like it more than a traditional curved trigger. I replaced the KAC 2 stage's in my SR15, and EMC. The SR15 has the SD-3G and the EMC has the SD-C. I let a couple people shoot the SD-C and they liked it a lot. It took me a couple range sessions for it to feel natural but now that Im pretty much used to the feel I think its a great step forward in trigger design for Geissele.

Failure2Stop
01-07-11, 11:36
Belmont & Trident;
Awesome, you two definately delivered the goods.
Bravo Zulu.

ALCOAR
01-07-11, 13:42
Glad I could help out a little fellows, for years I said over and over why is GA not taking advantage of the unparalleled successes of both the Hi speed 2 stage trigger and SSA/SSF trigger and expanding their lineup, just never expected to get all these awesome new models avail. in such a short period of time.

I think GA was big time overdue for at least one more new and equally as innovative and game changing trigger design as either the SSA or DMR was/is.

I remember prob. 2yrs ago having a discussion With Steve at ADCO and I just in conversation mentioned my ultimate trigger would be one built by GA with a design of GA's and it would shave roughly 1lb-1.5 lbs from the SSA's pull weight bringing it to around 3.5lbs...bear in mind I would have been very happy with just a SSA that had been slightly re-tweaked and properly tested w. lighter pull and then marketed as simply a lighter pull SSA. So flash forward to today, GA not only gave us a non adjust trigger w. a 3.5lb pull that is equally as reliable as the SSA, but rather actually redesigned this 3.5lb pull model to incorporate a DMR type crispy break thus in my book making this new trigger essentially the "hard use or duty DMR". What I just described above was the new SSA-E's for clarity.......

So the SSA-E would be lets say the first newly released GA model.

Next, came the S3G, and the first batch of those went to BCM. So that would be the second completely new trigger model recently released.

Shortly after the SSA-E and S3G were announced and released, the entire Super Dynamic line of triggers(3 models) were released including one model(SD-3G) that mirrored an already brand new and very radical new designed S3G unit. Midway got that first batch of the Dynamic triggers. So at that moment above is when I believe all the confusion started with lots of folks. Some folks at least had the SSA-E and S3G on the radar for a few months prior and figured surely GA would not immediately release what I believe to be easily their masterstroke thus far in trigger designs with this new forward moved trigger bow/ flat face trigger/Super Dynamic line.

Its almost retarded how much this new design tricks your entire feel/perception of not only the amt. of force needed to break the trigger but equally as impressive just how much it cleans up even the best felt curved 2 stage trigger. Lets call it excess stage travel if we can in this context and with this new design it feels light years more linear, efficient, and clean in comparison to a normal curved trigger.

The above is obviously my opinion and even more importantly the AR 15 trigger has never been that radically improved, altered or otherwise abandoned Gene's org. design...so I know its easy for somebody to feel skeptical about any new design on an AR trigger that could totally reinvent the wheel for many, many people after all these yrs...but my wheel was forever reinvented after my first roughly 5k of rds. on the cpl. Dynamic models I have. So just take my opinion as that and always bear in mind that triggers can be more finicky to an end user than just about every other add on piece of kit for an AR these days. I just think people should understand however that there is a whole diff. animal on the market w. the Dynamic models and whether you hate em or in my case love em, the engineering design features are the farthest thing from some marketing spoof science or a feature/design that only exists in marketing namesake...you either have no nerve endings/capability of feeling, or your gonna feel major things happening for the first time ever on that very first pull with these new dynamic triggers.

Cold
01-07-11, 14:58
Looking for those with experience on the Geissele Super 3 Gun

The Noveske Shooting Team got the first prototype S3G and worked it over about 6-7 months ago. Myself and Rob Romero ran them at Ft. Benning back in December.

For the difference in price, I would suggest you go with the S3G. That said, also check out the Super Dynamic Enhanced model. Its a non adjustable 2 stage. My comp rifles (both 5.56 and 308's) run S3G's or DMR's but I am working on the SDE trigger in my new 2011 comp rifle.

Shoot me a message if you want to chat about the triggers. We have trigger time on just about every trigger they offer except the SSA-E.

Robb Jensen
01-07-11, 15:08
I like the S3G but prefer the shorter overtravel of the SD-3 I also prefer the flat trigger. The actual pull weights feel to me about the same. I thought at first the SD-3 would be too light but it's just right.

SA80Dan
01-07-11, 15:43

Thanks for the info - to my mind, that one has the potential to take real big market share...

ALCOAR
01-07-11, 15:48
The Noveske Shooting Team got the first prototype S3G and worked it over about 6-7 months ago. Myself and Rob Romero ran them at Ft. Benning back in December.

For the difference in price, I would suggest you go with the S3G. That said, also check out the Super Dynamic Enhanced model. Its a non adjustable 2 stage. My comp rifles (both 5.56 and 308's) run S3G's or DMR's but I am working on the SDE trigger in my new 2011 comp rifle.

Shoot me a message if you want to chat about the triggers. We have trigger time on just about every trigger they offer except the SSA-E.

Let me see if I am following what your saying your opinion is.....

You recommend the S3G over the SD-3G?

You do like the SD-E I can see but I am unclear from the first question I ask because it would seem you prefer the traditional design over the new Dynamic design thus recommending the S3G. So basically do you like the dynamic design on one particular trigger but not the other and so by extension you would believe that certain styled triggers can be positively influenced by the Dynamic design, while others will not or perhaps be hurt?....or do you all together prefer the traditional design over the Dynamic design and just like the SD-E for some other reason besides the "D"?

Hopefully you can interpret that gibberish but I know your trigger pedigree and the better your opinion is laid out, the more folks that can be benefited by it including myself:)

eta...no problem SA80, and I completely agree that I think the new budget priced, yet SSA performance based model that retails for the price of the RRA or the LMT offerings should in time outsell all the other GA models combined, you know folks are gonna jump on loads of these relatively low priced triggers given the reality of ever running a GA trigger in the past for an economical price was outta the question, but then again there were only three models to pick from just a few months ago.

I know that if I had say 2-3 RRA's in current builds, I would be all over these new units. I bet the S2S's will not fall victim to the infamous RRA disappearing second stage problem and if it feels anywhere close to the SSA then it will have a smoother pull than the LMT and RRA, plus the reliability and confidence factor that you get with GA triggers.

danish
01-07-11, 15:52
Thanks for all the great info everybody!! I think I am going to go with the SDE and wait and see how the S2S pans out after SHOT. My RRA 2-stage has served me well the last two years in my current three-gun AR but feel like stepping it up some with my new rifle....

ALCOAR
01-07-11, 16:02
I like the S3G but prefer the shorter overtravel of the SD-3 I also prefer the flat trigger. The actual pull weights feel to me about the same. I thought at first the SD-3 would be too light but it's just right.

So just to clarify for the slow guy in the forum(ME)...you like the Dynamic design over the traditional design, if so...is this across the board, or say would you still take a SSA over the SD-C., or the SSA-E over the SD-E..? Not sure which models you tried but you get what I am getting at:)

Do it Danish....if you don't like it, my offer from the SD-E thread is still open since the first person has not come forward who was disappointed by one and thereby I would buy that unit back. Not a big deal in the least since I am done shopping for triggers... the SD-E is the trigger for me and other than a SD-C, I am gonna run them exclusively. Belmont and I have discussed this whole other can of worms which is the notion of having so many diff. and now big time diff. designed and pull weights, etc. in all your various diff. AR build's triggers....that just cannot be sound practice ultimately to range across the board so widely in terms of how your trigger operates and feels like:)

Robb Jensen
01-07-11, 16:09
So just to clarify for the slow guy in the forum(ME)...you like the Dynamic design over the traditional design, if so...is this across the board, or say would you still take a SSA over the SD-C., or the SSA-E over the SD-E..? Not sure which models you tried but you get what I am getting at:)

For a 3gun trigger I prefer the SD-3. I've only used 1 SD-3 and 1 S3G and find both to feel a lot like single stage triggers. Both are very fast for multiple shots up close (the SSAs are slower is this regard).

I own SSAs for most everything else I use that are training/defense guns. For my hunting gun, a 6.8 16" midlength I have a DMR trigger in it.

Cold
01-07-11, 19:19
bunch of text.

Ok let me see if I can clarify. For what I do with the G.A. triggers (3 gun), which is different than what some people buy them for, I actually run a few different triggers in a few different set ups. If Im shooting Heavy Optics with my N6, I run a S3G trigger. Tac Optics I use a DMR. Im playing around with the SD Enhanced because it reminds me more of a DMR and Im going to give it a go for the 2011 season. Thats really my reasoning.

Honestly, your best bet is to find some people in your area with the versions your interested in and dry fire them a bunch to see what fits your tastes. I think triggers are personal preference, some people like them this way, others that, others in certain guns for certain applications. Thats my 2 cents, which I think is not even worth that in this economy.

ALCOAR
01-08-11, 00:07
Thanks to both of you gents for elaborating a bit more.

I just figured that since some folks are a bit confused by this topic, we could try and get some actual meat behind why the folks who are more well versed in numerous diff. triggers, know the designs behind them, and understand the building rational for using a particular model that you happen to recommend with in a reply. There is quite a bit of nuances involved with these triggers, yet the differences b/t these models regardless of how small they appear to be can play a big role in whether you in up matching the hatch or filling the bill in terms of getting the best trigger for your actual use and gun, or you end up with a pricey trigger that won't make that "difference" that a perfectly matched up trigger to an application/build will in fact make.

Belmont31R
01-08-11, 00:33
Ill just throw this out there as my interpretation of the Super Dynamic triggers.

SD-3G: A really quick trigger that feels likes a single stage. Best used for circumstances where trigger speed is paramount.

SD-Combat: Feels a lot like the SSA in weight and acuation but features the flatter trigger, and is a bit crisper. Not DMR crisp but if you spend a lot of time around Geissele triggers you'll notice.

SD-E: Im going to state straight up Ive not shot this trigger but I think I have enough experience with their triggers to at least offer a bit of opinion on this...the SD-E would be a replacement for the DMR type trigger but in a less complicated design in being non adjustable but being light enough for that type of precision work the DMR was made for. I do have an SSA-E which is basically, from my understanding, pretty much the same thing in concept just with a curved type trigger instead of the flat trigger like the Super Dynamic lineup has.

Just as a liability statement here the last few years Ive been shooting almost exlusively with two stage triggers like the SSA and KAC. Those 2 triggers are very close in feel. If you're used to a single stage for precision work then my comments about the SD-3G probably will not having the same meaning. I am used to a light first stage, feeling a wall hitting the 2nd stage, and if I push through that 2nd stage the gun is going to fire. If you're used to single stage triggers for precision work then a 2 stage like the SSA, SSA-E, SD-C, SD-E, and DMR will probably feel pretty weird for you having 2 distinct parts of the trigger pull.

When I shoot for precision I get settled in, pull the trigger to through the light first stage, and stop at the wall of the 2nd stage. I regulate my breathing, and use the fundamentals of marksmanship to pull through the wall of the 2nd stage at which point the gun will fire.

With a single stage there is no wall so you're basically applying the fundamentals throughout the entire pull of the trigger.

One more comment about the SD-3G. Basically to me it has about 1/3rd the travel before the gun fires as a regular semi USGI trigger. Basically if you move the trigger back at all you better be ready for the gun to fire. With a USGI trigger its basically like you're pulling and pulling and pulling some more through a gritty and heavy pull before the gun shoots.

Negolien
01-18-11, 17:20
My SD3G is shipping as we speak. I' am not happy I had initial trigger issues causing me to have to shell out alot of cash but...Looking forward to seeing the differance.

Colo.TJ
01-18-11, 22:02
I was at SHOT today and couldn't pass up the incredible price on a SSA-E for my new Noveske.:D

Negolien
01-21-11, 08:33
Yup my SD3G should be at the mail facility being sorted for delivery today. I sooooo can't wait till it gets here. I was extremely disappointed when I got my used AR out of jail only to find a bad disconnecter/hammer that made it a single shot /sigh. I also had problems sighting in my Magpul back ups only to find out....ummm lol they were on back wards??? I thought the good looking side faced you?? OK so I guess I should have looked my bad for assuming this guy (and myself for that matter) that sold it to me actually had a clue. To be honest I guess I should be grateful it didn't have a catastrophic malfunction :haha:....As I said in a post relating to this issue I did get very well acquainted with the lower which is good considering before purchase I hadn't even looked at a schematic of an AR before.

Negolien
01-22-11, 08:10
I decided to check the mail and guess what? I got my 3 gun trigger ...musta came yesterday. I installed in about 5 mins no issues works great..awsome prodcut but will have to wait till the range to see how good. Not sure what the issue was with the stock trigger the guy had in it. Springs look good though looks like he tried to adjust the pull by bending the hammer spring some looks ok though. Also got an accuwedge which of course made it a tight fit thus making my fingers sore YET AGAIN!!! lol.

Not sure what to say about the new trigger. It's kinda hard to judge it in the living room. Looks really nice, came in simple packaging (looked like a freezer bag) w/ lube, Came with a helper pin and of course simple easy to follow instructions w/ lube points on back. Had to be carefull dropping it in as it seemed like one of the legs kept wanting to go backwards and one forwards. Not sure why these cost $100 more than GI's but guess we'll see. I' am just happy to not have a single shot .223 now. Will post more after I take it to the range.

ralph
01-22-11, 08:51
In case anyone's interested, Midway has Geissele SD's on SALE..I just ordered a SD-C, for $170, $174 with shipping and a little for the NRA..It should be here next Fri..

ALCOAR
01-22-11, 09:45
Not sure why these cost $100 more than GI's but guess we'll see.

They are worth far more imo than $100 over the terrible GI trigger and these unit's honestly reflect their cost in the utmost manner.

Firstly, the Designs GA incorporates are totally proprietary to their company with the design being built and tested 100% from the bottom up with no corners ever cut in the most minor of ways in regards to either design or material/construction. These trigger's are fundamentally designed at their core level to be dead nuts reliable, however their performance and feel is equally impressive and imho, equally as industry leading. One look at the inside of GA's facility and location where the proverbial "magic" happens, and you have a whole new sense of the term "hand built"...these triggers are walked through the entire mfg'ing process by GA, and then ultimately each unit is functioned tested before leaving their hands.

The people at GA flat out take immense pride and personal ownership over the triggers they build and thereby no questions asked, they will do everything in their power to remedy any very unlikely potential problem. Their are a few other outfits that I can say operate like this at almost a 100% CS satisfaction rate, but none of them have a totally spot free internet record:D where not even one person has supposedly been "burnt" by their service or their exceptional triggers and blasted off about it.

If all that does not convince you that these are worth the extra coin....maybe the fact that GA triggers are made using hardened S7 Steel...a.k.a. the stuff used to make jackhammer bits will :cool:

In case anyone's interested, Midway has Geissele SD's on SALE..I just ordered a SD-C, for $170, $174 with shipping and a little for the NRA..It should be here next Fri..

The SD-C is a clear cut winner in my book for the best do-it-all, combat rated trigger on the market. Just as easily as I would have told somebody over the last several yrs. that the SSA was the best overall/most versatile, combat rated trigger on the market...I now will say the SD-C is just that much better than the SSA and has now replaced it at the top of my list. To be clear, I mean this in every single aspect of those two GA models.

I think I prob. will limit myself personally to only running the current SD-C I already have due to the fact that I am very sound in running with the SD-E's which feel to the naked touch quite significantly lighter but it has such a crisp break that just melts me. It's addictive to say the least...I would be willing to bet Crack ain't got s**t on the SD-E's crispy break and addictive quality. The SD-E is for sure my perfect trigger, and I don't believe any particular type of AR(Application wise) exists that I cannot enhance by adding the SD-E into it's mix. I have run it in a variety of roles including a SPR, Recce, and a MK18 type, with excellent results on each type. With that said, the SD-C has the more manageable and user friendly pull, while maintaining a ton of the SD-E's amazing performance and thus I recommend it now as the finest user adaptable and user friendly, combat rated trigger made on a broad end user scale.

ralph
01-22-11, 16:23
They are worth far more imo than $100 over the terrible GI trigger and these unit's honestly reflect their cost in the utmost manner.

Firstly, the Designs GA incorporates are totally proprietary to their company with the design being built and tested 100% from the bottom up with no corners ever cut in the most minor of ways in regards to either design or material/construction. These trigger's are fundamentally designed at their core level to be dead nuts reliable, however their performance and feel is equally impressive and imho, equally as industry leading. One look at the inside of GA's facility and location where the proverbial "magic" happens, and you have a whole new sense of the term "hand built"...these triggers are walked through the entire mfg'ing process by GA, and then ultimately each unit is functioned tested before leaving their hands.

The people at GA flat out take immense pride and personal ownership over the triggers they build and thereby no questions asked, they will do everything in their power to remedy any very unlikely potential problem. Their are a few other outfits that I can say operate like this at almost a 100% CS satisfaction rate, but none of them have a totally spot free internet record:D where not even one person has supposedly been "burnt" by their service or their exceptional triggers and blasted off about it.

If all that does not convince you that these are worth the extra coin....maybe the fact that GA triggers are made using hardened S7 Steel...a.k.a. the stuff used to make jackhammer bits will :cool:

The SD-C is a clear cut winner in my book for the best do-it-all, combat rated trigger on the market. Just as easily as I would have told somebody over the last several yrs. that the SSA was the best overall/most versatile, combat rated trigger on the market...I now will say the SD-C is just that much better than the SSA and has now replaced it at the top of my list. To be clear, I mean this in every single aspect of those two GA models.

I think I prob. will limit myself personally to only running the current SD-C I already have due to the fact that I am very sound in running with the SD-E's which feel to the naked touch quite significantly lighter but it has such a crisp break that just melts me. It's addictive to say the least...I would be willing to bet Crack ain't got s**t on the SD-E's crispy break and addictive quality. The SD-E is for sure my perfect trigger, and I don't believe any particular type of AR(Application wise) exists that I cannot enhance by adding the SD-E into it's mix. I have run it in a variety of roles including a SPR, Recce, and a MK18 type, with excellent results on each type. With that said, the SD-C has the more manageable and user friendly pull, while maintaining a ton of the SD-E's amazing performance and thus I recommend it now as the finest user adaptable and user friendly, combat rated trigger made on a broad end user scale.

Trident all this is good to know, In all honesty, I'm buying this on blind faith, from what I've read here, in this thread, and from going out to G&R Tactical, (I'm about 20 minutes from them) and fingering Grant's rifle with a SSA in it. I have a target AR with a Jewell trigger in it, as I used to do a little benchresting with it, So, I know a good trigger when I feel one, I stumbled onto Midway's price quite by accident, I just checked their site this morning to see what their price was, and found they(SD's) were on sale for the same price I was prepared to pay for a SSA, I could'nt pass it up. I am looking forward to installing it.

Jake'sDad
01-22-11, 18:00
Thanks for the breakdown Trident.

Indeed. Succinct and to the point.

MistWolf
01-24-11, 02:28
Stopped in at Rainier Arms and played with the Geissele demo triggers they had- SSA, SSA-E, Match and the S3G. One bit of advice- Lube them Geissele triggers. Dry, they feel gritty and cheap. I bought an SSA-E and lubed it on installation and it feel very smooth.

Just wanted to say this about the 3-Gun trigger- It feels like a light, short stroke, non-stacking double action trigger. Or like a single stage with a very long, really smooth sear engagement. There's nothing in the pull to let the shooter predict it's about to release the sear. Don't press this trigger unless you're ready to take the shot as it would be hard to change your mind once the press begins

Negolien
01-24-11, 07:13
The Instructions are very clear and well written and if followed seems to me would provide very good lubrication which may be over looked by some because of the general ease of trigger installation? Ya know that's a really good and over looked by most people point I would think. I lubed the crap outta my FCG before putting it in lol using both oil in the holes and on the pins & a tad bit of the Grease they sent with it on the contact points of the trigger itself. That and also working the action thus smoothing out any rough spots..anyone have any idea of the number of trigger pulls before it starts to become run in?

Steve
01-24-11, 07:38

I started running the S3G in June of 2010 as well and have countless hours on most of the line up

for my the S3G is the best all round trigger...I was able to hit some incredible volumes of fire with it
Bill hit a home run with these

ALCOAR
01-24-11, 07:43
There isn't any break in on a GA trigger...they have already been "broken in" so that when you receive it, it should feel as good on your first pull as your 1000th pull.

I have seen the aviation grease have dramatic effects on a trigger's pull and you can easily see a full lb., if not more in overall pull weight reduction when your trigger is properly greased up.

You should always maintain a schedule for greasing your trigger contact surfaces so the supplied grease is not for a break in.

Negolien
01-27-11, 11:01
Thanks anybody else or Trident want to chime in more on the Lube schedule? What schedule do YOU use for lubing the FCG? I usually lube up before going to the range. Being I would consider lubing the pin holes at the same time is this wise to do or is doing the pin holes overkill after lubing em up on install?

ALCOAR
01-27-11, 16:31
I never worry about the holes but have become religious about the lube on the contact surfaces. When I get done shooting at the range I will just take the lowers and a bottle of the hoppes elite or MPro7 and spray out really well the fcg area..then take a cue tip and get any debris left, and mop out any residual hoppes/mpro7. After doing this process I will then just visually inspect the contact surfaces on the triggers and make sure at all times there is grease present on the surfaces, and if none is found or very little is found present I supplement as needed.

ralph
01-28-11, 08:21
My SD-C showed up Wed. I installed it in my rifle Wed. evening It did'nt come with instructions, So I went to GA's website and found installation instructions there and downloaded them. Installation was fairly simple..The first time I dry fired this trigger, I knew I had found the right one for me.. Finding the second stage was very easy,and it breaks cleanly, I wasn't sure about the straight trigger when installing it, But after some dry fire practice, I LOVE IT! This is a very easy trigger for anyone to use.The reset is very pronounced, both audible, tactile,seems fairly short,I'm very impressed, Now if it would ever quit snowing, I'd like to go to the range and test drive it.. (I hate picking my brass up in the snow)

ALCOAR
01-28-11, 11:05
That is great to hear Ralph...Its always nice to see and hear about someone who does their homework and ends up with the perfect piece of kit for their particular needs or build.

Just to add on something I failed to prob. ever mention and you pegged it when you mentioned the actual reset on the SD-C is excellent and your right about the certain audible sound and that tactile feel....even on the SSA's and for sure KAC 2stage match triggers, the reset feels so mushy now compared to the SD-E/C's reset and they for sure don't have that nice audible "click" either.

Hammertime
01-31-11, 09:07
I have two Super Dynamic 3-Gun triggers from GA. They are the best trigger I have ever pulled. Completely awesome kit. And I thought the SSA was good...

I really like the flat, dagger-like trigger. These things are definitely faster than me.

Trident - we need to get up and shoot - I am in Shelby County, AL.

Bryant

danish
01-31-11, 09:59
I received my SD-C trigger on Friday from Midway and installed it with no issues, lubed it accordingly and started to dry-fire it. At first I wasn't completely sold but the more I've dry-fired I think it's a winner. There is no sense in describing the trigger pull and break since Trident nailed it. I'll hold final judgement till after I fired a few hundred rounds of drills and some benchrest thrown in for good measure. None of this has happened yet due to installing a new hot water heater, gun show (waste of time), and now 15 inches of snow coming (I've got sixty driveways to clean) so I'm hoping later this week. I also purchased a Storm Lake drop-in barrel for my M&P so I've got to fit that somewhere in there as well...Just so much shooting to do...:D
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/danish1911/IMG_0909.jpg

carbinero
01-31-11, 10:40
Thanks for all this great info. I often wondered why G didn't just take over the market, and even feared someone's comment about "buy one before he stops making them."

m249saw
01-31-11, 13:36
Just ordered my Dynamic 3-gun trigger from Midway. Not bad at $189.95 right now.

humzai
02-01-11, 18:16
I have wanted a flat trigger on my dmr trigger since I first got it. I have read the thread and am still not sure what the difference is between the sd-e and sd-c is it just the 2nd stage trigger pull weight? I am leaning toward getting the e but am not sure yet. Thanks

ALCOAR
02-01-11, 18:37
In regards to the SD-E vs. the SD-C....

Both these units share the new flat trigger bow that is moved forward .141" which always has to be kept in mind since in really does effect every aspect of the "perceived" feel of the trigger's pull.

So whereas the SD-C has the same stage weights as the SSA which is....1st: 2.5 2nd: 2.0 Total: 4.5, the SD-C will ultimately feel lighter and overall more efficient and linear.

Same thing applies for the SD-E vs. the SSA-E...both share same stage weights which are...1st: 2.3 2nd: 1.2 Total: 3.5, however the SD-E feels lighter, more crisp, and more linear to the naked touch.

I believe the SD-E is the non adjust DMR, thereby making it more applicable for any hard use true precision application over the DMR.

The SD-C does not have the unique crisp break that the SD-E incorporates in its design and overall the SD-E feels much lighter than the C.

Note: Just like the SSA vs. SSA-E, the SD-E and SD-C are two differently designed triggers...rather than being the same design, and just using lighter springs to change the pull weight.

bp7178
02-01-11, 21:30
This link is probably the single most useful document i've come across in a long time... ;)

http://geissele.com/pdfs/TriggerSummarySheet.pdf

And an application guide...

http://geissele.com/pdfs/ApplicationGuide.pdf

The only thing I didn't like about my SSA was the reset. After the gun went bang, you would slowly let the trigger out until you felt it reset, but you had to keep letting it out slightly past that to be on it again for the next shot.

I really like the two defined stages, both for shooting with gloves and timing my breathing.

Given these concerns, which model would you guys pick?

FullTilt559
02-01-11, 22:33
I found this video also on a SD-E trigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmy9K1G6k3Q

Does anyone have a video or can make one of the SD-3G, or S3G?

9mm4me
02-04-11, 11:23
Just ordered an SD-E and can't wait to try it. It's going on my Recce style rifle in the following configuration

Tactical Innovations lower
MIAD
EMOD
DD CHF 16" Mid
DD 10" Lite
Vortex PST 1-4 in a Bobro extended

ALCOAR
02-04-11, 12:17
Just ordered an SD-E and can't wait to try it. It's going on my Recce style rifle in the following configuration

Tactical Innovations lower
MIAD
EMOD
DD CHF 16" Mid
DD 10" Lite
Vortex PST 1-4 in a Bobro extended

The SD-E for my comfort level worked exceptionally well even in my mrp cqb 10.5" which now sports a SD-C....that said, the SD-E is flat out the perfect Recce gun trigger. I really cannot stress how well this trigger performs in a true precision recce configuration.

SD-E Benefactor:cool:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2cwrl8p.jpg

streck
02-04-11, 12:57
Holy information overload....Thanks for all the great information posted. I recently started looking at triggers and found everything I needed to know here.

I will now take advantage of the Midway SD-C sale....:cool:

m249saw
02-04-11, 17:28
Just installed my SD3G. Holy hell is it smooth....

Threw the RRA 2stage in the parts bin.

bp7178
02-04-11, 19:41
The 3-gun triggers really appeal to me for the short reset. Really the only thing I didn't like about my SSA.

Our duty guns (Beretta 92D) are double action only. I'm imagining the trigger pull is similar, only about half the weight and 1/8 the length.

Are there any clearance issues with the dynamics when using a BAD lever?

ALCOAR
02-04-11, 20:28
I am a lefty so my BAD lever is my index finger ;)

The SD-E/DMR/SSA-E specifically and to some degree the SD-C/SSA triggers are termed as "crisp" triggers in regards to the actual break. These triggers meet the second stage "wall" and when you apply pressure no creep is detected up to the actual break of the trigger. One can describe this feeling as an Icicle, glass rod, or a carrot breaking.

The SD-3G and S3G would be referred to as "rolling" triggers in regards to the actual break. These triggers have detected movement however during the movement the perceived weight feels the same thereby creating the feeling of rolling a frosty mug across a glass table and then the mug just disappearing from the edge of the table.

Usually rolling triggers have very fast resets like the SD3G and S3G have....and likewise, the crisp triggers usually a more deliberate/slower reset like the SDE/SSAE/DMR and SDC/SSA have.

TAZ
02-05-11, 10:25
1000+ on this being a great thread. I am starting to put on paper my 308 build and this has served as a great resource to narrow my search between all the models. One piece of contradictory information comes from their application guide though. They list the SD-E as only suitable to competition while the DMR is listed as suitable for comp, LEO and hunting. Not quite sure why that may be. If the SD-E is a non adjustable version of the DMR then I don't see how its only suitable for competition. Seem like the inverse would be true. I am leaning toward the SD-E to get a good precision trigger but keep it simple at the same time and not need to worry bout any adjustments working loose over the span of time...

serevince
02-06-11, 18:36
Thanks for helping me make a more informed decision.

The SD-3G lives up to its reputation. I can't wait to get it to the range.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/serevince/2011-02-06_15-13-41_387.jpg

Cold
02-06-11, 18:52
1000+ on this being a great thread. I am starting to put on paper my 308 build and this has served as a great resource to narrow my search between all the models. One piece of contradictory information comes from their application guide though. They list the SD-E as only suitable to competition while the DMR is listed as suitable for comp, LEO and hunting. Not quite sure why that may be. If the SD-E is a non adjustable version of the DMR then I don't see how its only suitable for competition. Seem like the inverse would be true. I am leaning toward the SD-E to get a good precision trigger but keep it simple at the same time and not need to worry bout any adjustments working loose over the span of time...

The SD-E is a great trigger if you don't want to take the time to read the (very well written) instructions or take the time to set up the DMR properly.

I still use a DMR in my tac optics rifle for competition , however my Heavy Optics (308) rifle uses a SD-E.

I think it just depends on what kind of person you are. Like to drop it in and go? Use the SD-E. Like to fine tune everything, DMR is for you.

Just my opinion on this from my experience with the triggers.

Hammertime
02-10-11, 21:49
The more I use the SD3G, the more I like it. It's so fast, you could not even play with the trigger like Trident does in his video of the SDE. The SD3G is just as at home on the Recce as it is on the SBR. At distance, say 400 or 500yds, you probably still want the HSNMatch DMR adjustable trigger, so you can have that "hair trigger 2nd stage" feel. However, I never shoot that far. I've bought my Geisseles from Midway and will be buying more. Midway ships same day = freakin great.

Go with the SD3G!!!! FTW!!!!

Be safe and have fun
Bryant

streck
02-11-11, 06:40
The SD-C from midway arrived yesterday and is getting installed this weekend... :D

stevie
02-12-11, 10:30
Received two triggers:
SSA-E large pin from ADCO and installed in a Colt 6601.
SDE from Midway and installed in a Bushmaster XM-15.

My current experience with Geissele is 3 SSA's installed in 2 Armalite AR-10s and 1 Bushmaster XM-15.

As previously noted, these triggers average about 1 pound lower than the SSA's. The difference was felt with some dry firing.

I found that the SDE trigger had a much better hammer release than the SSA-E maybe because of the new trigger design or just plain diffence in production.

Once the second stage resistance was felt with the SDE, slight additional pressure to release the hammer. The SDE was crisp prior to hammer release and no creep was felt prior to release.

On the SSA-E I found there was slight creep prior the hammer release. I found this to be a disadvantage compared to the SDE.

I find that the new SDE while felt different with the straightish trigger actually felt very good to the touch.

Prior to purchasing the SSA-E LP, I emailed Geissele to find out if the SD design was going to be released for large pin. None is currently planned so that made my decision to order the SSA-E.

Both triggers, in my opinion are worth the price of admission.

Now I must decide between another SDE or SD3G for my other Bushmaster and wait and see if any other triggers will be available in the future for my Colt 6530 large pin.

ALCOAR
02-12-11, 11:56
That is a mighty fine piece of feedback stevie, thanks for sharing:)

While GA still makes an adjust precision 2stage trigger...the non adjust SD-E really makes one have to ask themselves do I really need to get an adjust unit when this thing feels this damn true?

I really could not tweek it if I wanted.

lt211
02-12-11, 12:44
Guys, if you had only one lower and had to pick one trigger to use multiple upper configurations with, for LE, HD and precision(if necessary), what would you go with. I am leaning towards the Super Dynamic Combat, thinking the SDE would be a little to light for the LE/HD mode. I have many rifles, but I'm thinking of setting up one lower as a do it all compromise. thought and input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

ALCOAR
02-12-11, 16:51
The SD-C most certainly offers more bang for the buck than any other trigger Ive used to date including my favorite trigger now the SD-E. As long as the buyer understands that they are just not gonna get that super crisp break that comes along w. the SD-E, then the SD-C really does surpass it in utility and those are 1. and 2. in my book by a long margin.

The current price of the SD-C is honestly a steal...your basically paying for a really nice 3 series BMW(SSA)..and your really getting a brand new M3 for the price.(SD-C)

The SD-C is just the perfect SSA imo...but AGAIN, I really enjoy the new Super Dynamic trigger design and all that it incorporates and while I find it hard to imagine, some will perhaps not like the new style and want the traditional SSA.

At any rate, you always can get the SD-E for your inevitable precision build;)

m1a_scoutguy
02-12-11, 19:59
This surely is one of the MOST informative threads I have EVER read on the Web,,tons of good info,,feedback,,etc,,just outstanding.Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this and BIG thanks to Trident for sure,,,who probably already has more rounds on these great triggers than most of us will have in the next year !!!!;) After reading & reading (every post in this thread) and finally deciding, I settled on a SD-E trigger myself and installed it just last week,,,I have only put about 200 Rd's through/on the rifle with this trigger installed and I am very impressed. I just got my other rifle back that has a SSA in it,,I let a buddy use it for awhile,,now that I have the 2 rifles side by side,,I can feel the difference for sure between the SSA & the SD-E,,the SSA is Awesome,,,the SD-E is More Awesome,:D,LOL,,a definitely lighter break and a great reset ! The Flat trigger gives a different feel for sure,,& it is all good,,it makes ya wonder where have all the trigger engineers been all these years,,LOL !!! The guys at GA got it right that's for sure and we are the lucky ones to enjoy the fruits of there labor,,:dance3: I will be trying to get some more rounds down range in the days/weeks to come,,but its kinda hard,,it has snowed almost everyday for the last 2 months I think,,,(really,,:() I just sold my SSA trigger so I can buy another SD-E from Midway while they are still on sale,,I really want to have the same trigger in both my rifles ! The problem now is after reading everything from everyone,,the 3 Gun trigger sounds pretty sweet and for only $9 bucks more it is tempting !!! I will have to decide after the $$$ for my SSA shows up !!! I will keep ya posted,,& Thanks again everyone for all the great info !!! :D

ALCOAR
02-12-11, 21:20
I have honestly contributed very little compared to the flood of wonderful and rather in depth(M4C style) reviews on the these triggers thus far in this thread. Yours above was certainly no exception:)

I will admit I get a big smile when somebody like M1A sends me a PM on 11/20/10 in regards to this specific subject seeking a bit more info/doing homework, and ultimately ends up nailing the right trigger for his needs, or so it would seem. Really nice to hear pal, thanks for the feedback.

lt211
02-13-11, 07:46
The SD-C most certainly offers more bang for the buck than any other trigger Ive used to date including my favorite trigger now the SD-E. As long as the buyer understands that they are just not gonna get that super crisp break that comes along w. the SD-E, then the SD-C really does surpass it in utility and those are 1. and 2. in my book by a long margin.

The current price of the SD-C is honestly a steal...your basically paying for a really nice 3 series BMW(SSA)..and your really getting a brand new M3 for the price.(SD-C)

The SD-C is just the perfect SSA imo...but AGAIN, I really enjoy the new Super Dynamic trigger design and all that it incorporates and while I find it hard to imagine, some will perhaps not like the new style and want the traditional SSA.

At any rate, you always can get the SD-E for your inevitable precision build;)
Great information TRIDENT, I appreciate it. I am going to go ahead and order the SDC.

SteveL
02-13-11, 10:42
Great information TRIDENT, I appreciate it. I am going to go ahead and order the SDC.

Same here. I'll be ordering it later this week or next week, before the sale ends.