PDA

View Full Version : SR 15 E3 Gas block Q?

evil_nadman
01-06-11, 14:20
Quick question. Will the KAC SR15 E3 gas block fit under the URX II Mid rails? I'm about to SBR my SR 15 E3 and I am wonder if I could use it's gas block or will I have to get a new one. Any information would be great. :D

Dos Cylindros
01-06-11, 14:49
Quick question. Will the KAC SR15 E3 gas block fit under the URX II Mid rails? I'm about to SBR my SR 15 E3 and I am wonder if I could use it's gas block or will I have to get a new one. Any information would be great. :D

It's my understanding that it won't. I used to have a rifle length URXII over a middy with low pro gas block, and even then there was not much room. The issue with the middy URXII and a standard middy gas system is the folding front sight system getting in the way of the gas block. If you are using KAC's gas length system you should be okay, if you are switching to a carbine legth gas system and using the KAC gas block I would think you would also be okay.

mtdawg169
01-06-11, 18:26
The KAC gas block is sort of fat at the base also, so it may not fit. If you have an E3 upper, you should be able to look at the bottom of the block and tell if it will interfere with the lower part of the URX rail since they almost butt up to one another in the standard E3 configuration. A Noveske / Vltor block fits fine under the urx (mid or rifle), it just wont work with a mid URX at the 9" "Armalite" midlength position. If you're going SBR with a standard carbine length gas system, the Noveske / Vltor GB will work on either length URX.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk