PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else getting midnight spam text messages from Loess Hill Tactical?

HeavyDuty
01-07-11, 08:09
What the ****?

My phone is on 24/7 because we use text messaging for callouts. Because of this, I don't use text messaging for anything else - and my text alert tone is loud and annoying so I'll wake up if we're called out.

Last night at midnight EST, I received two spam texts from Loess Hill Tactical advertising some bullshit sale. Woke both me and my wife up out of a sound sleep. Again, what the ****?

Anybody else get this?

Gutshot John
01-07-11, 09:12
Are you on Facebook? Is your mobile number on Facebook?

HeavyDuty
01-07-11, 20:53
Nope and nope. I called them once last year for a quote but got turned off by something they proposed for a payment method and haven't dealt with them since.

I think I'm going to block the number with my cell carrier - I'm seriously pissed about this. Unsolicited commercial text messages blow.

ChicagoTex
01-08-11, 01:49
Some phones will allow you to assign specific text tones to individual contacts. The iPhone recently got this functionality in it's latest update and it's been a lifesaver for me.

I have my default tone set to silence so that when one of my buddies texts me about some random crap at 3am I can remain asleep, but if my boss needs me to come into work early (or late, or not at all) I can be immediately awoken with his specific text tone.

HeavyDuty
01-08-11, 09:41
That's fine, but why is a business with which I have no relationship texting my phone to begin with?

PRGGodfather
01-08-11, 10:25
I would encourage you to call Paul to take you off the list. He is a good guy and probably doesn't even realize it happened.