PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36 FTL

9111B
01-07-11, 18:58
I purchased a used Gen 3 Glock 36.

After the first trip to the range, I kept having malfunctions. Probably 5-10 rounds out of 100. It was always a failure to load, slide would catch the round but not feed it into the chamber properly. This was with ball ammo.

Went home. Cleaned it. Shot it again. Still same issue. Well now I know why it's used...

Has anyone else had this issue with the 36? What should I try to fix it?

Side note, purchased a +1 baseplate for the mag, should I also get a more powerful springfor the mag?

one
01-07-11, 19:21
I was just curious if it did the same thing with the original base plate on it?

9111B
01-07-11, 19:32
I have not installed the +1 baseplate yet. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm afraid that I'll have even more FTL's with it.

rjacobs
01-07-11, 20:04
There is a large thread around here about the G36. The consensus was you either got a turd or you got a good gun. Even guns that went back to Glock to be repaired alot of time came back still turds.

Cruncher Block
01-07-11, 20:35
If it was me, I'd try a brand-new factory magazine and new factory recoil spring assembly first.

FWIW, I'd probably replace all the springs in a used Glock anyway. It might not be necessary but it's cheap and easy.

one
01-07-11, 23:44
rjacobs might be talking about this thread here. I hadn't seen it before.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=61663 I'm afraid it doesn't look like a lot of sunshine and happiness is associated with the 36. If it doesn't get resolved soon for you it might be best to let it go for a 30, or whatever.

M4arc
01-08-11, 07:04
Has anyone else had this issue with the 36? What should I try to fix it?

Side note, purchased a +1 baseplate for the mag, should I also get a more powerful springfor the mag?

Yes, I've seen plenty of issues with the G36. Like someone else said you either get a good gun or you get a turd. There doesn't seem to be any in-betweens.

However, before I did anything else I would purchase two, brand new, OEM Glock magazines without any weirdo or aftermarket baseplates and try it again. If it still fails dump it.

DireWulf
01-08-11, 12:26
Change the mag spring and use the factory base plates. I had a similar issue with my G36 after about two years. I swapped the factory mag springs for Wolff springs ($18.00 for three) and have had no issues since then.

9111B
01-08-11, 14:30
Just to be clear, I never installed the +1 baseplates.
However, went to the range again with a brand new mag. No change in performance, still having FTL issues.:(

I think I'm going to sell it and get an USP45C.

one
01-08-11, 14:40
Too bad we're not closer. I've got an HK45 full size, I'd love to try out the compact if you got one.

nickdrak
01-08-11, 14:50
"W.G.E." Worst Glock Ever.

I have owned two brand new G36's a few years back. Both were TURDS. Failure to feed issues galore.

A co-worker recently bought a G36 despite my warnings because "It's nice and small". Well.... he had several failure to feeds while trying to qualify with it last night. When we went to field strip it to try and see what was going on, upon pulling the trigger to disassemble it, the slide launched itself from the frame. Nice.

one
01-08-11, 15:51
Does anyone have any ideas as to what's up with this Glock compared to all the others? Single stack magazine issues? I mean such as the follower not leveling off correctly the way it's supposed to? Something else related to the mag?

Singlestack Wonder
01-08-11, 16:53
Again, some have issues with the 36, others including myself have put thousands (personally 11,200 as I have used it in IDPA for the past two seasons) of rounds thru their 36's with no issues. I have observed many who wished to try out my 36 at the range limp wrist the gun and have a stove pipe. Full power 45 in a small package is not manageable by everyone.

A lot of people have issues with M&P's, others don't. One should find a 36 to try out before they purchase to make sure it fits them.