PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Wilson Combat's WHISPER all Titanium Suppressor! Pics!

wilsoncombatrep
01-07-11, 19:05
For over a decade we have been testing dozens of the competitor's suppressors looking for the best match of noise attenuation, portability and hard-use durability geared to the serious shooter.

The Wilson Combat WHISPER® Titanium Suppressor is the result of this exhaustive evaluation.

For the Ultimate All-Around suppressor for hunting or tactical use, the new Wilson Combat WHISPER® proves that a portable, lightweight suppressor can be more effective as others on the market weighing almost twice as much. Whisper® is a trademark of and used under license by J D Jones.
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/sub-whisper-002.jpg
Wilson Combat WHISPER Suppressor (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/PRODUCT-TITLE/productinfo/SP-WHISPER/)

The_Biased_Observer
01-07-11, 19:08
Is there a warranty?

wilsoncombatrep
01-07-11, 19:24
Here is a link to Wilson Combat's Legendary Customer Service Policy....

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/info_customer_service.htm

RD62
01-07-11, 20:20
So does it have a warranty or not?

Wilson’s Gun Shop, Inc. expressly disclaims liability for incidental or consequential damages. As provided for below, we do not offer any written or implied warranty on our products and expressly disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.

NO WRITTEN WARRANTY: Due to the complexities of complying with the Federal warranty law, Wilson’s Gun Shop, Inc. does not offer a written warranty. We continue to stand behind our products and services, and to care for our customers, but we cannot make guarantees or warranties of any kind. This general statement of policies and disclaimers is effective July 1, 1985, and no prior statements or promises shall be of any effect for transactions after July 1, 1985.

Base Price from website: $1,195.00

Seems kinda steep at first glance, I'm sure maybe street pricing will be lower.

What is the noise reduction?

More info on the Melonite Treated Rapid-Thread Muzzle Brake?

Nevermiss
01-07-11, 20:51
Congratulations! I can't imagine how much time, effort and $$ it took in R&D to bring this to market. I can't wait to hear a report about how it functions!

I need a can for my 6.8, 300 BLK, and OBR and was planning on getting an AAC 762 SDN-6, but I've heard there can be significant changes with zero shift with the current 762SD cans. I was going to wait until after shot to see what SF is going to change with their mounts and then get the SF 762K suppressor because theses have almost no change in zero from what I've heard from people who shoot them...a lot.

If this suppressor offers no significant shift in zero then I may have to reconsider, especially at this price.

mike_556
01-07-11, 21:24
So does it have a warranty or not?

Base Price from website: $1,195.00

Seems kinda steep at first glance, I'm sure maybe street pricing will be lower.

What is the noise reduction?

More info on the Melonite Treated Rapid-Thread Muzzle Brake?

Those were the questions that came to mind right away as well...Especially the pricing and more info on the rapid thread brake?

wilsoncombatrep
01-07-11, 21:39
RD62,
Yes, the legalize that you quoted is on our customer service policy page, but you did leave off quite a bit at the top of the page......

"
For over thirty years, we have strived to provide complete customer satisfaction, it is the corner stone of Wilson Combat®. We want every experience you have in dealing with us to be pleasant and rewarding. This is why our customers will tell you we have the best service policy and customer service in the firearms industry. Dealing with Wilson Combat® will be a very positive and memorable experience for YOU!

If for any reason you are unhappy with a product, service, or how you have been treated at Wilson Combat®, feel free to call or email our Sales Director John May at: 1-800-955-4856 ext. 115. We are sure he will solve the problem to your 110% satisfaction"

Wilson Combat prides itself on our customer satisfaction.....we take it very seriously. Everyone knows that, if we don't want to see Ryan or Bill Wilson upset, don't let them find out that we didn't make a customer happy. It is the cornerstone of the business that Bill started over 30 years ago...." the customer will be EXTREMELY satisfied."

If you are unhappy with our product, let us know, and we will make you a happy customer!

glocktogo
01-07-11, 22:20
No need for a warranty with WC. They simply stand behind their products 100%. I've known Bill, Joyce and John for over 10 years now. Good people to work with.

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-07-11, 22:22
Fantastic! You need to take some videos and link them to this page. Or, you could just send me a demo!:sarcastic:

RD62
01-08-11, 08:37
RD62,
Yes, the legalize that you quoted is on our customer service policy page, but you did leave off quite a bit at the top of the page......

"
For over thirty years, we have strived to provide complete customer satisfaction, it is the corner stone of Wilson Combat®. We want every experience you have in dealing with us to be pleasant and rewarding. This is why our customers will tell you we have the best service policy and customer service in the firearms industry. Dealing with Wilson Combat® will be a very positive and memorable experience for YOU!

If for any reason you are unhappy with a product, service, or how you have been treated at Wilson Combat®, feel free to call or email our Sales Director John May at: 1-800-955-4856 ext. 115. We are sure he will solve the problem to your 110% satisfaction"

Wilson Combat prides itself on our customer satisfaction.....we take it very seriously. Everyone knows that, if we don't want to see Ryan or Bill Wilson upset, don't let them find out that we didn't make a customer happy. It is the cornerstone of the business that Bill started over 30 years ago...." the customer will be EXTREMELY satisfied."

If you are unhappy with our product, let us know, and we will make you a happy customer!

I've had fantastic experience with your 1911 mags, but they aren't $2K or registered with the ATF.

I didn't mean to imply that you wouldn't take care of any issues that arise, but The_Biased_Observer inquired about a warranty and the page you directed him to specifically states there are no warranties.

Regardless of the warranty situation I am interested to see the performance reports of your new suppressor and brake, especially how they perform against some of the more established names in the suppressor industry.

Congratulations on your new product and best wishes for much success.

meausoc
01-08-11, 08:51
Looking forward to hearing more about this suppressor. If it is anything like their AR's, 1911's, and magazines it will be top notch.

Polymerhead
01-08-11, 14:10
Wow, my comment gets wiped for pointing out that "more effective as" isn't proper grammar? I was just trying to help the guy out, it's a direct quote from his website. :rolleyes:

Renegade
01-08-11, 15:23
Wow, my comment gets wiped for pointing out that "more effective as" isn't proper grammar? I was just trying to help the guy out, it's a direct quote from his website. :rolleyes:

My question/post about their R&D was completely deleted but WilsonCombatRep answered it on another forum.

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-08-11, 16:29
Sorry guys. I had to do some moderating on my phone on the go. Sorry if I went a little overboard!:big_boss:

I appreciate everyone's input.

Poly! Stop rolling your eyes! LOL

Polymerhead
01-08-11, 16:45
Sorry guys. I had to do some moderating on my phone on the go. Sorry if I went a little overboard!:big_boss:

I appreciate everyone's input.

Poly! Stop rolling your eyes! LOL

Sorry Greg, I took offense at the stripped comment. Just trying to help a brotha out.

I'll up the dose on my fiber tonight.

96 SS
01-08-11, 23:35
Projected db reduction on 762 can?

JasonM
01-10-11, 13:52
I need a can for my 6.8, 300 BLK, and OBR and was planning on getting an AAC 762 SDN-6, but I've heard there can be significant changes with zero shift with the current 762SD cans.

An aside- this is certainly not true. Same shift as any other top can , and whatever shift there is will be perfectly repeatable each mounting.

carry on.