PDA

View Full Version : Magnifiers and mounts... new to this style

masakari
01-08-11, 20:03
So I was at a gunshow today, and found a clone EoTech Magnifier and mount for cheap. I bought it to prove the concept to myself, and I really like it. The magnifier itself is seemingly acceptable quality, but the mount... only so-so. It wobbles slightly and that's annoying.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/madcatjoe/Guns%20and%20Gear/IMG_20110108_163819.jpg
As you can see, the whole setup is styled after the EoTech style. So my question is... what mounts will work with this optic, and keep it at the same height? I plan on replacing the whole thing with the real thing overtime, but I want to start with the mount. Any help would be great!

masakari
01-09-11, 22:16
No one knows where I can get a replacement mount for this?

Hmac
01-09-11, 22:23
Larue makes a pivot mount for 30mm bodies. It's $150, I don't know what height your RDS is, so I don't know if it will line up.

Also, try Primary Arms. http://primaryarms.com/category.sc?categoryId=401

masakari
01-10-11, 06:00
I did see the LaRue, but there are two issues: the mount only loosens, so it won't fit over the front of the magnifier, and there is no windage adjust on my optic, so I would need it on the base. Eotech sells the mount that I have pictured with their gen 1 magnifiers, is there a way to get it seperately anywhere? It is made by arms I think, but some searches came up with nothing.
Primary arms seems to make some nice stuff for cheap. So getting a whole new magnifier set up from them is definately an option. I think the tall one would be what I need, but I'm not sure.

Rhutch
01-10-11, 07:52
Am I missing something here, you're looking for a mount for the magnifier right?

If so why do you need windage adjustment, the rectical is in the Eotech RDS.

Even the flip down on the Eotech magnifier wiggles, it doesn't matter as the rectical is in the RDS not the magnifier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmac
01-10-11, 14:13
Windage or elevation adjustment on the magnifier won't have any effect of POI/POA. Those adjustments or Eotech's G23.FTS are merely cosmetic - there in order to more or less get the magnifier lined up with the reticle so that it's in the center of the magnifier. Nothing to do with actual aiming. I've never heard of an optic mount that has windage or elevation adjustments built in.

As to the Eotech magnifier mount, the Gen 1 was indeed an A.R.M.S. mount made solely for Eotech, but it's not available anymore, of course.

Take a look at the Aimpoint QRP2, see if that might work.

masakari
01-10-11, 18:43
I do understand that, its just sort of distracting having the dot float around in the FOV while I fire, but I'm sure its something I could deal with.
Ill probably get a primary arms magnifier and mount eventually what other budget FTS magnifier options do I have?
I was doing some googling and found out (its sorta obvious) that its bad to mount sights how I have them mounted. Now I'm thinking about ditching the whole magnifier option and going back to just the reflex. :/