PDA

View Full Version : hello...

firehawknwv
01-08-11, 22:29
Hey guys Im new to this site and my name is Chris from Wv. I just recently bought a Delton Ar15 Moe edition with a few additions that ive put on that is in my sig below. I got to shoot it last Monday and it performed really well so I thougth. Im looking forward to learning more info on these guns as well as others off this site.

Iraqgunz
01-09-11, 00:14
Hello. Use the ORANGE SEARCH button at the top of the web page and type in Delton.

They are generally not well looked upon for numerous reasons. However, since you have it you have to deal with it and make it work for you. Read some of the basic threads here and the technical stuff and you will be on the road to wisdom.

Hey guys Im new to this site and my name is Chris from Wv. I just recently bought a Delton Ar15 Moe edition with a few additions that ive put on that is in my sig below. I got to shoot it last Monday and it performed really well so I thougth. Im looking forward to learning more info on these guns as well as others off this site.

firehawknwv
01-09-11, 22:51
Well this is what I could afford when I found one. It may not be the top brand in the world but it seems to be a decent gun to me. I dont see why they would be frowned apon.

for EX: To me thats like saying cuz I prefer GM vehicles thats frowned apon cuz its not a Ford or another prefered brand by the person reading it at the time.

ryan
01-09-11, 22:55
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

ryan
01-09-11, 22:56
And for good measure; https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65729

firehawknwv
01-09-11, 23:00
I plan on switching out to a 20" upper anywas later on. I shot 220 rounds through it the first time I shot it using 3 or 4 different brands of .223s and it didnt jam or mess up not once. One good thign is that if it messes up it comes with a lifetime warranty on the gun.

Ive not said my gun is the best nor have I asked why Delton isnt on any of these lists or antthing of taht matter. I was just posting to say hello and to tell what I had without bragging about it. Secondly I do not know much about guns to begin with as Ive just starting shooting guns with my friend. Im wanting to learn to shoot accuartely as well as properly. I also want to learn about how to take care of guns far as cleaning them and restoring older guns. I do not have a whole lot of experience with guns as many of you on here who may be in the military or police fields. Ive only shot the 2 guns I own along with a Browniing 9mm, Marlin 30/30, and a Cal-Tek 40cal. My next gun purches I planned on buying a BCM Ar15 which I can get for 800 bucks at a local gun shop and Im looking at getting a SKS. With that being said I respect others opinions and hopefully will be mutual.

Heres a link to a pic of the gun itself.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=500774187768&set=a.484019617768.266334.778017768

Iraqgunz
01-09-11, 23:48
So what do you really want to know and why did you make your post? Obviously you feel justified in making your purchase so just shoot it until something goes wrong.

I plan on switching out to a 20" upper anywas later on. I shot 220 rounds through it the first time I shot it using 3 or 4 different brands of .223s and it didnt jam or mess up not once. One good thign is that if it messes up it comes with a lifetime warranty on the gun.

Ive not said my gun is the best nor have I asked why Delton isnt on any of these lists or antthing of taht matter. I was just posting to say hello and to tell what I had without bragging about it. Secondly I do not know much about guns to begin with as Ive just starting shooting guns with my friend. Im wanting to learn to shoot accuartely as well as properly. I also want to learn about how to take care of guns far as cleaning them and restoring older guns. I do not have a whole lot of experience with guns as many of you on here who may be in the military or police fields. Ive only shot the 2 guns I own along with a Browniing 9mm, Marlin 30/30, and a Cal-Tek 40cal. My next gun purches I planned on buying a BCM Ar15 which I can get for 800 bucks at a local gun shop and Im looking at getting a SKS. With that being said I respect others opinions and hopefully will be mutual.

Heres a link to a pic of the gun itself.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=500774187768&set=a.484019617768.266334.778017768

firehawknwv
01-10-11, 00:25
As said above I just posted to say hello as I was new to the site and to let people know what I had. Also to tell about my litle bit of experience with this Ar and other guns all of which Ive said I was new to. Most forums Im a member of usually have a wlecome section thouh I may have over looked it on this one so I apalogize if I made this thread in the wrong section.

locknload223
01-10-11, 07:42
I'll say welcome, from the northeast WV panhandle.

taylodr
01-10-11, 08:07
Welcome... and read a lot.

This site is going to tell you that your rifle is shit unless it is BCM, Noveske, Colt, etc...

The reason for this is is because many feel the intent of this particular site is for "fighting weapons" and life dependent firearms.

There is really great advice, and great info. Just read, learn, and don't sweat it. As a matter of fact, I figure most new users make it here because of the quality information, and lack of 12 year old Rambo's that you find on other well known AR-15 sites.

justin_247
01-10-11, 08:16
I thought we had an intro thread for this sort of thing?

rob_s
01-10-11, 08:30
This thread is rather timely.

To the OP, welcome. If I may ask, how much time elapsed between your finding this site and registering? Between registering and then posting this thread? And out of further curiosity, how much reading and looking around at the various ongoing discussions and tacked and stickies threads?

fiddly_foo
01-10-11, 08:34
We'll I want to say hello and welcome to the site I just joined here 3 days ago and find it very helpfull on alot of different info. But like all forums alot of banter back and forth on alot of issues. But alot of people can be nice and helpfull so enjoy and have fun...

Paul45
01-10-11, 08:36
Tolerance! No one is forcing anyone to read or to reply to any question. No replies are sometimes better than a reply.
Or just point them to the intro section. They will learn. (Hopefully)

QuadBomb
01-10-11, 08:42
Welcome. My experience doesn't let me add much to what our senior members have said, but what I can say is this: Always hold off before buying anything. Do research and listen to the opinions of experts here. I, too, came to the slow realization that an upper on which I had spent hundreds of dollars was not up to snuff.

Don't get upset if other users here have unpleasant things to say. Stick around here long enough, and you'll learn that you really do get what you pay for. Many times in life you may end up paying extra for a name brand on your product or service; ARs are not one of them.

NoveskeFan
01-10-11, 09:03
for EX: To me thats like saying cuz I prefer GM vehicles thats frowned apon cuz its not a Ford or another prefered brand by the person reading it at the time.

The issue would be if the military picked GM to make all of its vehicles to certain specific specs, then another manufacturer making clones that are not to same specs, meaning not as reliable. Then someone with a clone saying it is just as good as a GM.

I have a S&W and a Double Star. The S&W is leaps and bounds better than my Double Star, but a Colt would trump them both.

GLOCKMASTER
01-10-11, 10:54
We already have an introductory and welcome thread.