PDA

View Full Version : Leupod CQ/T

13MPG
01-08-11, 23:04
I have a chance to pick up a NIB Leupold CQ/T for $360 + tax from a local store. I know the optic is heavy and has the grace of a cinder block but I thought it might be kinda neat. The rife it would be going on is going to be used primarily to shoot coyotes. The ranges would run 0 - 300m. What do you guys think?

armakraut
01-09-11, 21:10
Did the store have another one? :D

MarkG
01-09-11, 21:44
I have a chance to pick up a NIB Leupold CQ/T for $360 + tax from a local store. I know the optic is heavy and has the grace of a cinder block but I thought it might be kinda neat. The rife it would be going on is going to be used primarily to shoot coyotes. The ranges would run 0 - 300m. What do you guys think?

With 1/2 MOA clicks and a 3 MOA dot you couldn't hit a coyote on a bet with a CQ/T at 300. You will be unhappy with that optic at any price short of free immediately after your first range day.

Alaskapopo
01-09-11, 23:12
With 1/2 MOA clicks and a 3 MOA dot you couldn't hit a coyote on a bet with a CQ/T at 300. You will be unhappy with that optic at any price short of free immediately after your first range day.

While its not my favorite optic its not nearly as bad as you are making it out.

A friend of mine used one in three gun for quite a while with good success at ranges from 0 to 300 yards on 10 inch steel targets. I would have snatched it up at that price.
Pat

The_War_Wagon
01-10-11, 06:42
I'D hit it!!! I use one on my PTR91. For medium-range distances, it's a serviceable option - especially at THAT price!

d90king
01-10-11, 06:54
I ran one for a while and as long as you know the downside of it for $360 it's a good buy. They are built like a tank so they are certainly hefty but at that price point that is a good value on a 1-3 variable. I was able to hit steel out to 500m with no problems. Learn to use your edges and you should have no issues at 300yds.

Is it a perfect optic? No, but most of the chatter you hear from people is simply stuff they read in SWAT mag and not from first hand experience.

Is it an optic that I would spend 1k with a mount for? No, but at that price it is a very nice value on a well built variable.

REDinFL
01-10-11, 08:37
Is it something useful for target-anything? Likely, no. Would it be useful for MBG at realistic distances, yes. There are limitations to that as with anything. I don't do any of the target stuff any more but I surely would take it at that figure as it would fit my uses just fine.

BTW: If you do go for it, check the s/n with Leupold. There area a lot of fak

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-10-11, 11:15
I have used one a bit I liked it but could never see spending as much as they wanted for it. If I could get if for that I would buy it for sure.

twpayne75
01-10-11, 19:18
I don't know why you are asking. Buy it!!!

Worse case scenario is you hate it and sell it for atleast $200 more than you gave for it.

I can't believe you walked out of the store without it.

13MPG
01-11-11, 06:55
The optic is legit so no worries there. I did not know it was ½ MOA clicks but I don’t think that’s a bid deal for how I am going to be using it. The shop still has it so I might pick it up this weekend.

DDgunslinger
01-11-11, 07:45

That is alittle premature bet to make, cause I'll tell you right now I would take you up on that bet. Yes, the CQ/T is not the best precision optic, it was not designed to be. The CQ/T is a combat optic. I will tell you I've seen first hand the optic prove it's worth in combat, and be used effective at 300m all day long. I've been using the CQ/T since my first deployment to Iraq and it has served me very well. Although I have an Acog on my duty weapon now, I still have a CQ/T on my personal weapon. Anyway like I said you are correct, it is not a precision optic, but I would not count it out that easily.