PDA

View Full Version : Leftie safety question

N8dawg16
01-08-11, 23:18
Howdy all,

I'm looking at adding an extended safety to a Benelli M1 as I'm a southpaw and find the original safety slow to disengage with the pistol grip stock. I have similar feelings towards the stock safeties on my Dept's issued 870's. I'm not interested into switching over to a left handed safety as I may be carrying a personally owned shotgun at work soon and wouldn't want to confuse someone who wasn't me in a time of need. Anyone have experience with Dave's Metal Work's safeties?

N8dawg16

01deuce
01-09-11, 09:39
I just reversed the stock M1 saftey. Mine is the newer triangle style and I like the size and operation of it. I have heard good things about the DMW safties and I have a DMW extension tube on mine and pleased with it.

Edit; since you dont want to reverse the saftey be advised that a extended saftey for a southpaw set up a for a right handed shooter can have the saftey engaged while shooting(with your finger). This happened to me with the larger stock M1 saftey before I reversed it. I do not have that issue with the smaller stock saftey on my Beretta 1201fp.