PDA

View Full Version : No assault weapons for retired LEO's

MarkG
01-09-11, 19:54
Jerry Brown strikes again... (http://www.metnews.com/articles/2011/agop010711.htm)

Palmguy
01-09-11, 19:58
I'm finding it difficult to find a problem with the decision.*

*Other than the obvious BS of having an AWB in the first place

Cagemonkey
01-09-11, 20:11
I'm not anti law enforcement, but I see no reason for officers either off duty or retired having special exceptions. Being former Military doesn't allow me to have special weapons etc. If a officer lives in a AWB state, the department can provide/issue a AR for duty use. If the officer wants their own personal rifle then it should comply with the law the rest of the people abide by.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-09-11, 20:11
Why would he think he was intitled to special treatment.

Abraxas
01-09-11, 20:37
I'm not anti law enforcement, but I see no reason for officers either off duty or retired having special exceptions. Being former Military doesn't allow me to have special weapons etc. If a officer lives in a AWB state, the department can provide/issue a AR for duty use. If the officer wants their own personal rifle then it should comply with the law the rest of the people abide by.

I completely disagree with the ban, but I think that this is dead on. All I can say is **** that asinine states laws!! By the way I am a LEO and I refuse to live in a state with laws like that.

MarkG
01-09-11, 21:04
I don't think they should have special privileges either. I just thought it interesting that as the outgoing attorney general, his parting shot was this decision. Certainly he would have not made it had he been for re-election as attorney general.

kartoffel
01-09-11, 21:38
I would rather retired LEO's have "assault weapons" than nobody having them. It's still far from ideal, but the more freedom, the better.

Mac5.56
01-09-11, 22:03
I thought LE threads were banned from GD?

SWATcop556
01-10-11, 00:16
They are.