PDA

View Full Version : Run on magazines has begun!

Crow Hunter
01-10-11, 20:04
Just looking around on several of my favorite magazine suppliers and almost everything is out of stock. In particular G19/G18 mags and PMAGs.

And just about the time I was going to put in another mag order. :(

Hopefully this will blow over quickly, if my LMT MWS finally comes in and I don't have any magazines I am going to be really annoyed. :mad:

Stupid left wing knee jerking ****wads...

Jake'sDad
01-10-11, 20:09
Just looking around on several of my favorite magazine suppliers and almost everything is out of stock. In particular G19/G18 mags and PMAGs.

And just about the time I was going to put in another mag order. :(

Hopefully this will blow over quickly, if my LMT MWS finally comes in and I don't have any magazines I am going to be really annoyed. :mad:

Stupid left wing knee jerking ****wads...

When the rhetoric dies down, so will the run. Hard to blame folks for being worried. A lot of people got caught with their pants down last time.

Crow Hunter
01-10-11, 20:17
When the rhetoric dies down, so will the run. Hard to blame folks for being worried. A lot of people got caught with their pants down last time.

Oh I'm not blaming people for buying them. I was too young and stupid to know to buy them last time. My anger is reserved for the asswipes who are capitalizing on this tragedy to push a useless feel good agenda.

It is actually pretty good feeling to see how many people we obviously have in America that have guns that need high cap mags to feed them.

Kinda makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I am also annoyed at myself for waiting instead of being lazy and not ordering what I needed to when I needed to.:(

Jake'sDad
01-10-11, 20:19
Oh I'm not blaming people for buying them. I was too young and stupid to know to buy them last time. My anger is reserved for the asswipes who are capitalizing on this tragedy to push a useless feel good agenda.

It is actually pretty good feeling to see how many people we obviously have in America that have guns that need high cap mags to feed them.

Kinda makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I am also annoyed at myself for waiting instead of being lazy and not ordering what I needed to when I needed to.:(

Yeah, I bought mags for guns I didn't own last time....

Business_Casual
01-10-11, 20:23
Might be people (retailers) don't want to pay tax on inventory and let stock dwindle at this time of year. I have a hard time believing they sold out in 36 hours too.

B_C

jasonhgross
01-10-11, 20:36
I am lucky, right before the shooting (last week) I ordered 10 more glock 19 mags. Today I ordered 20 brownells AR mags. Who knows when the fear level will rise enough to spur a ban. Not likely this time, but the last ban came out of nowhere and surprised allot of us. I am not going to pay $50-$70 for a glock magazine again or only have two because they are too expensive like last time.

Sry0fcr
01-10-11, 21:05
Might be people (retailers) don't want to pay tax on inventory and let stock dwindle at this time of year. I have a hard time believing they sold out in 36 hours too.

B_C

Lautenberg and McCarthy are already getting ready to introduce legislation to ban regular capacity magazines...

Business_Casual
01-10-11, 21:09
Lautenberg and McCarthy are already getting ready to introduce legislation to ban regular capacity magazines...

Which has exactly no chance of getting passed. But by all means, feel free to fear monger and help them take the focus off of spending and debt - the real risks to our freedom.

B_C

.45fmjoe
01-10-11, 21:52

You mean like she does every year?

Good luck getting that on the floor of the Republican controlled House.

SteyrAUG
01-10-11, 22:48
Nothing wrong with a few people stimulating the economy.

CDDM416
01-11-11, 06:16
I just checked Brownells, looks like they pulled all Glock,and Magpul mags.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=23056/ProductNolongerAvailable

GLOCKMASTER
01-11-11, 06:28
I just checked Brownells, looks like they pulled all Glock,and Magpul mags.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=23056/ProductNolongerAvailable

Wrong!!!! Try again.

Glock Mags (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=23056/avs|Manufacturer_1=GLOCK/Product/MAGAZINES_for_GLOCK_reg_)

Magpul Mags (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24192/avs|Manufacturer_1=MAGPUL/Product/AR_15_M16_PMAG_POLYMER_MAGAZINE)

CDDM416
01-11-11, 06:37
The link I posted says not available, so I guess they changed it.

ETA: I just started from their home page, brought up Glock, went to mags, and it still says not available. Tell me how you are getting it to come up..

Sry0fcr
01-11-11, 07:42
Which has exactly no chance of getting passed. But by all means, feel free to fear monger and help them take the focus off of spending and debt - the real risks to our freedom.

B_C

Since when did actually getting a ban passed stop people from panic buying. Was 2008 that long ago?

Spiffums
01-11-11, 08:29
Since when did actually getting a ban passed stop people from panic buying. Was 2008 that long ago?

And I wonder at what price point the mags will be when they re-stock?

The good vendors wont hold us up. Sure we will pay a little more because they will have to pay more for them but it wont like Higher Than Hello Dolly (CTD).

R/Tdrvr
01-11-11, 11:08

Once again those two use a tragedy to push their anti-gun agenda.

mike_556
01-11-11, 15:16
The link I posted says not available, so I guess they changed it.

ETA: I just started from their home page, brought up Glock, went to mags, and it still says not available. Tell me how you are getting it to come up..

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=23056/avs%7CManufacturer_1=GLOCK/Product/MAGAZINES_for_GLOCK_reg_
LE/MIL pricing from $27.45 - $40.55

MAGPUL mags available, maglevels for $16.55....putting together another order and I saw this thread..

The_War_Wagon
01-11-11, 22:31
I know I ordered a few more PMags from Grant, just to be safe. Shoot - I barely have 130 AR mags as it is!

dennisuello
01-11-11, 22:40
AIM surplus is out of all the AR and AK mags.

Iraqgunz
01-12-11, 01:49
I have around 40 PMAG's that I will sell for the cheap price of only 25.99 a piece. My price reflects any potential price changes that may happen.

Kind of like oil price speculating.

BrianS
01-12-11, 04:32
This is annoying if you have a need for magazines that you don't have in the short term. In the long term it won't be an issue. If they couldn't pass a new AWB with Obama in the White House and having control of the House and Senate they aren't going to pass one without the House!

That said, after the absurd run on guns/mags/ammo after Obama was elected (I know people who had not shot before and haven't shot since that bought guns and ammunition, completely ludicrous) I decided that having a nice comfortable reserve of ammo and mags was in order.

kaiservontexas
01-12-11, 10:40
I have around 40 PMAG's that I will sell for the cheap price of only 25.99 a piece. My price reflects any potential price changes that may happen.

Kind of like oil price speculating.

I was thinking of something similar if this is a repeat panic of 08/09. I figure if it gets nuts again I will sell my WASR and BM so that when the panic dies down I can use the insane amount of money earned from the sales to buy way better replacements for those two. :lol:

Honestly though I hope there is no panic. I hated not being able to find ammunition and reloading supplies.

boltcatch
01-12-11, 11:49

B_C

Talking about spending and debt isn't really constructive. There's nothing anyone can do about that mess at this point anyways - that ship sailed a couple of years ago. Waste of time, waste of ink, waste of electrons... we'll hit rock bottom, maybe inflate, and then default.

Buying heaps of magazines, on the other hand, is probably a good idea at this point. I don't see much chance of new federal legislation being passed, but there are all sorts of other ways for them to attack the matter. Imagine for a moment the new CA ammo controls applied to magazines.

Jake'sDad
01-12-11, 11:55
That said, after the absurd run on guns/mags/ammo after Obama was elected (I know people who had not shot before and haven't shot since that bought guns and ammunition, completely ludicrous)

I understand their thinking, I have friends that did the same. What I told friends that asked me at the time, was if they weren't paying stupid prices for stuff, they probably wouldn't get hurt in the long run.

Hey, more guns, ammo, and mags in private hands is a good thing.

Jake'sDad
01-12-11, 11:57
Buying heaps of magazines, on the other hand, is probably a good idea at this point. I don't see much chance of new federal legislation being passed, but there are all sorts of other ways for them to attack the matter. Imagine for a moment the new CA ammo controls applied to magazines.

And of course the magazine controls in CA, are already far worse than the new ammo controls.

RWK
01-12-11, 14:47
After the last several sets of circumstances that resulted in panic buying of magazines and related price gouging, anyone who hadn't bought an ample supply before last Saturday deserves to be raked over the coals on pricing. Just my opinion.

SteyrAUG
01-12-11, 16:02
Honestly, the day OF the sunset in 2004, I began to make purchases under the assumption that the ban would be successfully renewed at any moment, especially in light of the fact that a Republican Congress DID pass a bill which contained the renewal (Larry Craigs Firearm Industry Protection Bill) and we were only saved because Craig then killed his own bill. I'm honestly kinda surprised we have not seen another successful amendment of the AW renewal to some other bill since then.

So really if you are a gun guy (young new shooters exempted) who hasn't gotten his primary purchases made prior to the AZ shooting, you probably deserve to pay panic prices. I still believe that sooner or later we will see the other shoe drop and we should all plan accordingly.

Phazuka
01-12-11, 16:51
Only the big dogs are jacking up prices. There are still many online retailers with thousands of Pmags online, in stock for under $12.

RogerinTPA
01-12-11, 21:22
Honestly, the day OF the sunset in 2004, I began to make purchases under the assumption that the ban would be successfully renewed at any moment, especially in light of the fact that a Republican Congress DID pass a bill which contained the renewal (Larry Craigs Firearm Industry Protection Bill) and we were only saved because Craig then killed his own bill. I'm honestly kinda surprised we have not seen another successful amendment of the AW renewal to some other bill since then.

So really if you are a gun guy (young new shooters exempted) who hasn't gotten his primary purchases made prior to the AZ shooting, you probably deserve to pay panic prices. I still believe that sooner or later we will see the other shoe drop and we should all plan accordingly.

Agreed.

Personally, if folks didn't prepare and learn a lesson prior to POTUS running for office, they never will. I never thought prices would normalize and drop well below pre Obama prices afterwards, but they have. That was another missed opportunity for many, who are now caught in a disingenuous mark up on mags based on recent events. It is always cheaper to prepare, than to be caught with your pants down and now will pay 2-3 times as much based on the jackals who have the goods you want and need. If you fail to notice trends in the political winds which has a high probability of affecting you, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Ammo is a cheap as it has been in the past couple of years, so guess what I'm stocking up on?

woodandsteel
01-13-11, 01:33
Only the big dogs are jacking up prices. There are still many online retailers with thousands of Pmags online, in stock for under $12.

I just bought three standard capacity Glock 22 mags for $19 each, from Botach Tactical. After shipping it comes to about $23 a mag. That's about the same amount that the locals were selling them for last Spring at the gun show.