PDA

View Full Version : Savage Edge Question

JR TACTICAL
01-10-11, 21:44
Hey guys, I recently took the bolt action plunge and picked up a savage edge in .308, I did not have alot of extra $$$ to spend but I wanted a good hunting rifle in a good caliber for a wide range of hunting applications. Anyway, I have been reading up on them and I have found really no upgrades you can do to this gun, now from what I have read, there is alot of similar features on the savage 10. My question is am I able to put a accutrigger in my edge and possibly later on upgrade to the accustock or another kind of stock. Just wondering I am very new to the bolt gun community and any input on the matter will be helpfull

Thanks
JR

tpd223
01-11-11, 04:21
That line of guns is fairly new. I would run those questions by Savage's customer service folks.

BIGUGLY
01-18-11, 16:06
Like stated above, just call or email Savage, I'm sure they can help you on such a new rifle. Also hold onto it for awhile, we tried to order some Edge's for a Pheasants Forever banquet and were told Savage goofed and aparently the Edge name is taken, and in use with another company.

glockeyed
01-18-11, 20:37
from what i have read over at savageshooters.com. its really a completely different rifle.

so you are out of luck until there is aftermarket support.

big honkin jeep
01-20-11, 08:50
It is a completely different model than the 10/110 without most of the modular features. Many of the features on the newer 10/110 series wont interchange even with the older rifles of the same series without some creative gunsmithing.You are out of luck with an accutrigger or accustock on the edge
Rifle Basix is however making a trigger for the edge/axis series that is supposed to be a big improvement for about $90.
BHJ