PDA

View Full Version : Filling out form 1

monkeywrench
08-24-07, 06:55
I am filling out the form one and my question is on the origin of manufacturer do I put my name here or the company that made the receiver?

Robb Jensen
08-24-07, 07:07
I am filling out the form one and my question is on the origin of manufacturer do I put my name here or the company that made the receiver?

You put the name of the original manufacturer.

Where it has 'additional description' is where I put my Trusts name abbreviated that I've had engraved on the lower.

Derek_Connor
08-24-07, 07:13

correct, you fill in "LMT, Noveske, CMMG, Bushmaster" , followed by their address etc in that block

monkeywrench
08-24-07, 07:56
Thank you!

C4IGrant
08-24-07, 09:04
Here is the link to the reqs on engraving your lower: http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/26mar20071500/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2007/aprqtr/pdf/27cfr479.102.pdf

GotM4, can you post post how your lower receiver is engraved or what needs to be on it for people that use a trust?

C4

monkeywrench
08-24-07, 11:36
Do I need to also send a copy of my revocable living trust?

Robb Jensen
08-24-07, 12:01
For people that use a revocable living trust you can abbreviate the name for the engraving.

My wifes and my last name are different.

My Trusts name is the Robert ****** Jensen and B***** *** S***** Revocable Living Trust. (we're both Grantors and Trustees) For the engraving I abbreviated it to :

Jensen / S*****
Trust
Woodbridge VA

And that's what I wrote on the line for 'additional description'. You must send in a copy of the 'declaration of trust' and a signed Certificate of Compliance when sending in a Form 1 or 4 (as a Trust transfer), you don't have to send a copy of the entire trust.

Don Robison
08-24-07, 13:05
I used R****** RLT, city, FL for my engraving. Didn't seem to be an issue.