PDA

View Full Version : BCG question.

hunter123
01-11-11, 20:27
I have a 16" LW midlength BCM upper and 20"FN upper,both have BCM bcg's.I just ordered a 16" LW midlength DD upper and I have a new(spare) semi-auto LMT bcg to put in it.What I am wondering is if I should put the LMT semi-auto bcg in the new upper or would it work better in my 20".Thanks

Iraqgunz
01-11-11, 23:56
I would probably put the semi carrier in the 20".

I have a 16" LW midlength BCM upper and 20"FN upper,both have BCM bcg's.I just ordered a 16" LW midlength DD upper and I have a new(spare) semi-auto LMT bcg to put in it.What I am wondering is if I should put the LMT semi-auto bcg in the new upper or would it work better in my 20".Thanks

hunter123
01-12-11, 01:40
Thanks.

Frens
01-12-11, 03:13
little hijack,
can I ask why? just trying to learn not to be smartass :)

Whootsinator
01-12-11, 03:36
It's kinda late at night, so I'll give you my assumptions and you can wait on someone to confirm them...

The 20" barrel with rifle length gas should get less gas to the bolt carrier group than the 16" barrel with mid length gas does.

The auto carrier is heavier than the semi-auto carrier. The heavier carrier goes in the gun that gets the most gas to the bolt.

Again, this is just me trying to come up with an answer for you from my own usually flawed logic... Perhaps Gunz will be along to fix my explanation tomorrow.

Robb Jensen
01-12-11, 05:40
I would probably use the LMT carrier in the 20" as well. But for all intents and purposes it'll work great in either size upper.

Quentin
01-12-11, 20:47
This might be a good time to pick up an H2 buffer, maybe even H3 and see how they play with the M16 and lighter AR carriers. You'd expect that you could go up in weight from say H to H2 or H2 to H3 with the AR carrier.

I'm about to test this out in two ARs for my own education.