PDA

View Full Version : The Dollar Bubble

jwfuhrman
01-11-11, 20:51
This video goes in depth into hyperinflation and the fact that its happening now, into Gov't debt, the value of the dollar plummeting and why, and many other things

Seriously, this scared the shit out of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZA0qNsf4m0&feature=player_embedded#!

mr_smiles
01-11-11, 21:33
For those who believe in the scenario (not saying it won't happen just not sure), I find funny that so money turn to things such as gold. If the dollar does collapse the economies of the world will collapse, and your gold will hold zero value, because like it or not your gold is valued against a currency.

Want to know what's of value in a world where the dollar/euro/yen/ruble/pound no longer have value? Guns, Ammo, Food, and the ability to cultivate the land. A astro physicist with 50 pounds of gold has less value than a dumb ass with a gun and the knowledge to grow a primitive crop...

But I don't see it coming to that, in my life time at least. Maybe 80-90 years down the road when natural resources are exhausted and we're mining landfills and water tables are depleted and we're truly screwed, than maybe. But as it stands now, our debt keeps the world afloat, the world needs us as the consumer for their shit to prop up their own bullshit existence. Americans consume better than any other and for that we'll always have a place in a this world of globalization.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-11-11, 22:04
Not a bad presentation, but I think some of the projections are a bit simplistic. I agree with JW. If the economy tanks as much as these people think, it won't be like you can go take your gold to the bank and get new money. The bank is gone and there is no gas for the cars. With that kind of economic suck, you'd end up with general anarchy.

:dance3: "I've got Gold!"
"Give it to me."

The whole idea that China will dump the dollar is kind of funny. They dump them they hurt themselves as much or more than we would be.

Cash for clunkers was to get raw materials for China? But it took raw materials to make the cars- so get new cars and China gets... scrap. Sounds like a horrible idea. :rolleyes:

kal
01-11-11, 22:53
I'm 20 minutes in and still have no idea how money works.