PDA

View Full Version : Moving out of state while pending....

rushca01
01-12-11, 19:21
In about 8 months I know I will be moving to another state which is NFA friendly. My dilema is do I start another Form 1/4 knowing they may not be approved in time or wait till after I move. I am almost certain the form 1 would be done in time as my last one only took about 90 days but the form 4's can take forever.

Anybody moved to another state while they had a form pending? Search brought up a few threads but no verifiable information.

rushca01
03-27-12, 17:01
Lol. Ran on search on this topic again and found my own thread :haha:

Long story short I am selling our house but have two form 1s still under review. I called th ATF (WV office) and they said no problems as long as I am moving to state that allows my NFA item, just fill out the transport paperwork and when the form 1s are approved they will send them to the new state/address.

Bump as an FYI.

SpankMonkey
03-28-12, 22:10
Lol. Ran on search on this topic again and found my own thread :haha:

Long story short I am selling our house but have two form 1s still under review. I called th ATF (WV office) and they said no problems as long as I am moving to state that allows my NFA item, just fill out the transport paperwork and when the form 1s are approved they will send them to the new state/address.

Bump as an FYI.

I'm lost. Why would you need to fill out a 5320 when the form 1s are not approved yet?

vinsonr
03-29-12, 13:32
He doesn't want to stop the process and edit the forms. You just submit the transfer forms and specify that the move is permanent and you're done. My buddy is doing the exact same thing, except his stamps are already received here in TX, but he moved to CO while they were being processed.

I'll be taking them to him once I receive the 5320's.

SpankMonkey
03-29-12, 19:36
He doesn't want to stop the process and edit the forms. You just submit the transfer forms and specify that the move is permanent and you're done. My buddy is doing the exact same thing, except his stamps are already received here in TX, but he moved to CO while they were being processed.

I'll be taking them to him once I receive the 5320's.

I understand now.