PDA

View Full Version : Constant Action Trigger

dvdlpzus
01-12-11, 21:43
I was looking through the specials CDNN has and even though I am not one bit interested in the Beretta PX4 Storm I saw that it says that the trigger is "Constant Action." What type of trigger is this and what are the differences?

Thank you for your input guys.

MarkG
01-12-11, 22:15
Constant action is the equivalent of HK's LEM and SIG's DAO trigger. It is a double action only trigger and like the HK and SIG, it plain sucks. The standard double/single actions are great pistols.

Magsz
01-12-11, 23:07
Constant action is the equivalent of HK's LEM and SIG's DAO trigger. It is a double action only trigger and like the HK and SIG, it plain sucks. The standard double/single actions are great pistols.

Nice opinion....

Honestly, a better response would have been:

PX4's as a whole arent exactly the greatest guns. If you like the trigger style you would be better served with an HK with the LEM trigger that has a bit of a learning curve but is a pretty neat system and functions very well IF you like that kind of trigger press/pull.

rathos
01-13-11, 00:26
The constant action is basically a light double action only pull. No second strike and the reset sucks. Like magz said LEM or DAK are better options.

F-Trooper05
01-13-11, 01:55
like the HK... it plain sucks.

Respectfully disagree.

.45fmjoe
01-13-11, 10:00

Umm, no. The LEM feels similar to a nice S&W double action revolver, which means it's phenomenal. What sucks, and sucks hard are DA/SA triggers.

Bulldog7972
01-13-11, 11:14
I love it when guys rip DAK or LEM triggers. I even heard one guy say that "real shooters" would never carry a pistol so equipped, that a "real shooter" would only carry a DA/SA or a S/A pistol. My P226 DAK has saved my bacon more than once. Worked exceedingly fine on those occasions. So well that is the only type of trigger I will carry.

MarkG
01-13-11, 15:46
LEM/DAK triggers are counterintuitive to good trigger control. Nobody wants anything to do with "euro" until it involves a trigger and then its the best thing since _______________.

Relating any anecdotal value of the triggers is pointless. As are any comparisons to an eight track tape, er uh I mean revolver. You like them, I don't. Where do we go from here?

Magsz
01-13-11, 16:38
So...what you're saying is that revolvers are counter intuitive to trigger control?

At speed an LEM trigger FEELS just like a good quality DOA revolver.

LEM/DAK triggers are counterintuitive to good trigger control. Nobody wants anything to do with "euro" until it involves a trigger and then its the best thing since _______________.

Relating any anecdotal value of the triggers is pointless. As are any comparisons to an eight track tape, er uh I mean revolver. You like them, I don't. Where do we go from here?

PPGMD
01-13-11, 20:03
LEM isn't a horrible trigger, I think I once described it as a self decocking DA/SA pistol. Unlike the DAK the reset point doesn't increase the pull weight.

I was handed Todd's P30 during a PT class, and shot it using the reset point with no issues, one handed. With a little practice I think that I could've easily ran it at speed. Other than having a lighter pull it wasn't much different than running a DA/SA Sig at speed.

ralph
01-13-11, 20:19
LEM's are far from horrible, I've got one on a P-2000, and I've been practicing with it the last couple of months. Once you get on to it, it's a pretty good system. However, I will also say it is'nt for everybody,that's fine, it works for me. and that's what counts..

varoadking
01-13-11, 20:55
LEM/DAK triggers are counterintuitive to good trigger control.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/varoadking/anim_rofl2.gif

Where do we go from here?

Can't be downhill...you've already been there and done that...

trio
01-13-11, 21:06
ok, if the constant action (type C) is like the LEM/DAK....what is the type D like (which is listed as Double Action only)?

Sorry...didn't mean to actually be on topic....

FWIW...I don't particularly like the LEM or DAK, but that's more because I don't really train with them a whole lot...I think if I did they would be good systems....I personally prefer striker fired systems....

damn...wait...that wasn't inflammatory enough....

SIG AND H&K IS THE SUXORZ!!!!!

dvdlpzus
01-13-11, 21:11
Thank you for educating me guys. It is greatly appreciated.

We can now close this thread to protect it from further going off topic. Thanks.