PDA

View Full Version : New Kevin Smith movie: Red State

WillBrink
01-13-11, 08:24
For you fans of Kevin Smith, who made movies such as Dogma, Chasing Amy, Clerks, etc, his new movie (a horror genre movie) looks very intense! Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmmnVGyLajw

M4arc
01-13-11, 08:30
That does look good!

variablebinary
01-13-11, 10:13
Sounds delightful

Red State is a 2011 horror film written and directed by Kevin Smith satirizing Christian fundamentalism and radical conservatives

I have an idea for a horror movie. Take some of these white Hollywood liberals and have them live in Detroit for a 6 months without security or access to a credit card. Call it "Blue State". Now that would be scary.

Littlelebowski
01-13-11, 10:39
I have an idea for a horror movie. Take some of these white Hollywood liberals and have them live in Detroit for a 6 months without security or access to a credit card. Call it "Blue State". Now that would be scary.

That made my day.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-13-11, 10:50
Sounds delightful

Thanks, the preview doesn't seem to tell anything about what the movie is about.

WillBrink
01-13-11, 11:11
Sounds delightful

Oh geez, took a few posts to turn it into a liberal vs conservative thing. If you like his movies, then perhaps you will like this one. If you don't like his brand of satire/commentary (ergo, Dogma which I thought was great personally) then perhaps it's not the movie for you. Not sure where you got that description, but the short stuff I have found describe it as "A horror film in which a group of misfits encounter fundamentalism gone to the extreme in Middle America."

He's a comedian and satire type, not a documentarian, or pretend one like Moore.

Some of his stuff I like alot, some is a miss. His political affiliations on his FB page: Republican Party

I'm not a fan of horror, but I like Smith as a rule, and for those here who do also, I hope they check it out.

Abraxas
01-13-11, 11:12
Sounds delightful

That sounds more like one of those happy feel god movies;)

Littlelebowski
01-13-11, 11:12
No one said that he is a liberal, Will. It's a joke by VB. Laugh.

WillBrink
01-13-11, 11:15
No one said that he is a liberal, Will. It's a joke by VB. Laugh.

"Take some of these white Hollywood liberals..." I thought was direct reference to Smith. Guess I missed the joke. My bad. :agree:

Littlelebowski
01-13-11, 11:16
No worries. Given Kevin's intelligence, I'd expect him to be a libertarian.

Abraxas
01-13-11, 11:25
Oh geez, took a few posts to turn it into a liberal vs conservative thing. If you like his movies, then perhaps you will like this one. If you don't like his brand of satire/commentary (ergo, Dogma which I thought was great personally) then perhaps it's not the movie for you. Not sure where you got that description, but the short stuff I have found describe it as "A horror film in which a group of misfits encounter fundamentalism gone to the extreme in Middle America."

He's a comedian and satire type, not a documentarian, or pretend one like Moore.

Some of his stuff I like alot, some is a miss. His political affiliations on his FB page: Republican Party

I'm not a fan of horror, but I like Smith as a rule, and for those here who do also, I hope they check it out.I like most of Kevin Smiths movies, I own a few of them. I just also liked the joke that VB made.

Magic_Salad0892
01-13-11, 11:29
Smith is pretty awesome.

I'll see this one. :)

BTW: Did anyone hear about the Prince World footage thing that happened?