PDA

View Full Version : There's hope for this country after all

M4arc
01-13-11, 09:11
I know how the media paints a picture of doom and gloom and how we're pounded with anti-American reteric by douchebags like Keith Olbermans and Chris Mathews and Rachel Madcow but that's not how the majority of American feel. I was reminded of this last Friday night at the Norfolk Admirals game.

See for yourself: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Hockey-crowd-sings-after-8-year-old-s-nat?urn=nhl-306789

I can tell you that there wasn't a dry eye in that arena. It was a very special and proud moment. One of the other dads (my son's team was on the ice with the Admirals during the National Anthem) told me afterwards it was one of the most special moments of his life.

Icculus
01-13-11, 09:13
We're on the same page this morning. I just watched and was about to post it. Truly awesome.

Hockey fans are the best fans

woodandsteel
01-13-11, 09:37
That's awesome.

Thanks for sharing that. Especially on a day when it is two below zero outside, and the sun isn't shining.

PrivateCitizen
01-13-11, 09:44
THAT will make my day. Thank you.

Safetyhit
01-13-11, 10:11
A very good situation indeed, well worth the view.

THCDDM4
01-13-11, 11:01
Just awesome!!!!!!!!!

And yes hockey fans are by far the best of the best out there!

I hope the woman that cackled sees this video and realizes what a crappy person she is for laughing at a child in a moment of weakness/embarassment.

What a great voice that child has!

Thanks for sharing, that made me smile:)

Magic_Salad0892
01-13-11, 11:32
Made me pretty happy.

Remember that part in Three Kings where everybody was singing ''I'm Proud to be an American''?

Yeah. That's how I feel when I see things like that.

kartoffel
01-13-11, 11:34
That was great. So glad the crowd picked up right after the mic cut off, and that little girl kept her cool pretty well too.

On a somewhat related note, if it weren't for hockey games I wouldn't know the words to the Canadian anthem!

THCDDM4
01-13-11, 11:44
That was great. So glad the crowd picked up right after the mic cut off, and that little girl kept her cool pretty well too.

On a somewhat related note, if it weren't for hockey games I wouldn't know the words to the Canadian anthem!

OH! CANADUH!

SeriousStudent
01-13-11, 20:33
God bless little Elizabeth Hughes, and all those who sang with her.

M4arc, thanks for the link. I'm forwarding it to my hockey fan friends. :)

M4arc
01-13-11, 20:51
And yes hockey fans are by far the best of the best out there!

I hope the woman that cackled sees this video and realizes what a crappy person she is for laughing at a child in a moment of weakness/embarassment.

What a great voice that child has!

Thanks for sharing, that made me smile:)

I was telling Hawkeye that I doubt many people heard her. She must have been standing very close to the camera. I was down near the ice and heard a collective "aawwww" followed by the crowd starting to sign.

It was one of those moments in your life where you feel it in your chest and you're smiling and getting all watery-eyed at the same time.

But given that this is a huge military town I imagine she slipped out right after the puck dropped and didn't return ;)

Robb Jensen
01-13-11, 20:55
That was good M4arc. Made my day.

GermanSynergy
01-13-11, 21:24
That's awesome!

Suwannee Tim
01-14-11, 17:06
I don't think I've ever heard a female 8 year old alto, normally only the boys can sing alto, the females are sopranos and mezzo-sopranos. There was not a note of vibrato in her rendition, usually children, too often adults as well, wear out the vibrato. She did a very good job. Wish I could have been there to help her out.