PDA

View Full Version : MLK parade flyer....big WTF...

Belmont31R
01-14-11, 12:51
From a school none the less...

The flyer reads:

"We will have signs and banners reminding people of King's philosophy of peace, social justice and global interdependence. Help us create a large peace and justice contingent to counter the presence in the parade of militaristic organizations like the J.R.O.T.C., the R.O.T.C., police and sheriff's department."

http://www.kfdm.com/news/parade-41006-flyer-parents.html

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-14-11, 13:00
If you get caught saying something you shouldn't, just argue about it being taken out of context. If context doesn't work say the words were poorly chosen.

Rinse and repeat.

ShortytheFirefighter
01-14-11, 13:33
Yet if something goes wrong the Police/Sheriffs can't get there fast enough for their liking.

The stupidity and ignorance is stunning.

500grains
01-14-11, 16:34
www.martinlutherking.org

rubberneck
01-14-11, 17:32
I wonder if MLK had an issue with the military when the 101st and the Arkansas National Guard were used to force integration in the Little Rock school district or when the President order the military to be integrated long before the rest of society. The flier is so stupid on some many different levels that it's hard to put into words.

SteyrAUG
01-15-11, 00:00
If you get caught saying something you shouldn't, just argue about it being taken out of context. If context doesn't work say the words were poorly chosen.

Rinse and repeat.

Pretty much.

"Dear Parents,

Yesterday, many of you received a flyer that was filled with good intentions but mistakenly the wording was poorly chosen. Thank you for bringing the error to my attention. Our goal at Regina Howell has always been to support our military and police force. Please accept my apology for this misunderstanding."

I guess there is just no good way to say "We hate PIGs" and we were really hoping all you people would be on board with us already.

BrianS
01-15-11, 09:34
www.martinlutherking.org

Website hosted by stormfront.org a neonazi group?

WTF?