PDA

View Full Version : Magpul iPhone field cases now shipping

DaBears_85
01-14-11, 13:47
Look what I found in my inbox this morning. I thought they had scratched this project.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad97/DaBears8586/54056b7e.jpg

FIELD CASE FOR iPHONEŽ 3G/3GS & iPHONEŽ 4 NOW SHIPPING!

We know it's been a long time coming, but we're proud to announce that the Magpul Field Case for iPhoneŽ 3G & 3GS is finally shipping! And for those of you who have already upgraded, we've added one more to the lineup - the Executive Field Case for iPhoneŽ 4 (also now shipping).

Made from the same semi-rigid polymer as the original Magpul magazine loop, these simple cases offer basic protection for your iPhone in the field. Both models feature a slimline design to minimize bulk, PMAG-style ribs for additional grip, anti-snag construction for easy removal from pockets, and open ports designed for access to the ringer/silent switch, and compatibility with a wide range of aftermarket chargers, headphones, and accessories.

And one more thing - like all Magpul products, the Field Case for iPhoneŽ 3G/3GS & Executive Field Case for iPhoneŽ 4 are 100% designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.

http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/125

Spurholder
01-14-11, 14:23
Just got the email, and just ordered one :dance3:

Army Chief
01-14-11, 14:43
Likewise, and I'm pleased that they kept the price down. Most similar cases of commercial design cost twice as much (easily), and probably still won't do the job half as well. The arrival of the iPhone 4 variant is particularly well-timed.

Apparently, every now and again, good things really do come to those who wait.

AC

Alex V
01-14-11, 14:47
Just placed my order for the iPhone 4 case. Wish it was available in other colors, would have got them all lol.

Hmac
01-14-11, 14:57
I wonder if it will fit the Verizon iPhone 4.

ForTehNguyen
01-14-11, 15:53
dont see why it would be different than a ATT one

Hmac
01-14-11, 16:04
dont see why it would be different than a ATT one

Antenna is different, placement of the ring/silent button is different.

If Magpul didn't make the opening big enough, looks like maybe an X-Acto might make it so.

http://images.macworld.com/images/news/graphics/157080-slashgeariphone4buttons_original.png

DaBears_85
01-14-11, 17:01
Antenna is different, placement of the ring/silent button is different.

If Magpul didn't make the opening big enough, looks like maybe an X-Acto might make it so.

http://images.macworld.com/images/news/graphics/157080-slashgeariphone4buttons_original.png

Interesting, I was not aware of that. Maybe NickB will have some answers for us.

SeriousStudent
01-14-11, 18:34
An embarassment of riches. Last week I received my Noveske iPhone case, and now I have a FedEx order on the way for a Magpul one.

My friends at work shall be drooling soon - all the better. :p

Hmac
01-14-11, 19:04
An embarassment of riches. Last week I received my Noveske iPhone case, and now I have a FedEx order on the way for a Magpul one.

Huh! A Noveske iPhone 4 case...? What a great tip! Thanks.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/imimg/ip4case_1.jpghttp://noveskerifleworks.com/imimg/ip4case_2.jpg

Hmac
01-19-11, 16:31
LOL. Noveske case arrived today. Magpul iPhone 4 case is backordered.

DaBears_85
01-20-11, 17:16
Are you saying you're not a fan of the Noveske iPhone case?

Hmac
01-20-11, 17:25
I like it. I had no idea they were making one til I saw it here. Ordered it, shipped right away. The Magpul case is backordered from Magpul.

DaBears_85
01-20-11, 17:51
Ah, I thought you were saying you received it, didn't like it, then promptly ordered the Magpul field case. The Noveske one looks a little too 'busy' for my tastes.

orionz06
01-20-11, 18:10
I like it. I had no idea they were making one til I saw it here. Ordered it, shipped right away. The Magpul case is backordered from Magpul.

Mine shipped today.

Shotdown
01-21-11, 01:11
I got a free Magpul iPhone 4 case at Shot Show yesterday. I like it. No need to cut anything.

Hmac
01-21-11, 08:10
I got a free Magpul iPhone 4 case at Shot Show yesterday. I like it. No need to cut anything.
No,not for the AT&T iPhone 4, we'll have to wait and see about the Verizon version.

Spiffums
01-21-11, 20:05
So which color does Chris use? :haha:

Alex V
01-25-11, 17:25
Got mine yesterday, looks and fits awesome!

http://avoronoff.hypermart.net/Firearms/MAGPUL_iPHONE_SM.jpg

Can't wait for the Noveske one, should be here Friday. Going to be switching back and forth, depending on mood lol.

DaBears_85
01-25-11, 17:47
So which color does Chris use? :haha:

I imagine it would depend on the terrain of wherever his current class is being held.

Mac5.56
01-25-11, 20:24
Got mine yesterday, looks and fits awesome!

http://avoronoff.hypermart.net/Firearms/MAGPUL_iPHONE_SM.jpg

Can't wait for the Noveske one, should be here Friday. Going to be switching back and forth, depending on mood lol.

Don't do a mag change and accidently pull out your I phone... :)

Alex V
01-25-11, 20:59
Don't do a mag change and accidently pull out your I phone... :)

LOL

D'oh!

Rider79
01-25-11, 22:28

I inquired about one at the booth and was told to order one from the website. Got my iPhone 3 case from Rich last year, I guess this year I made the mistake of asking a junior employee. It's cool, but I'm not paying $10 in shipping to get a $10 case.

Dozer
01-26-11, 15:38
Just FYI, iPhone cases were handed out this year as well but only to people that actually engaged in conversation. There was quite a few people that just stopped by and asked for a free case without as much as a greeting. I'm not saying that was the case with any particular person here but that's how it worked.

Titleist
01-26-11, 15:47
If I was there in person I would have complimented Libardo on his wonderful elocution. That would have had me in like flynn.

Rider79
01-26-11, 15:47
Just FYI, iPhone cases were handed out this year as well but only to people that actually engaged in conversation. There was quite a few people that just stopped by and asked for a free case without as much as a greeting. I'm not saying that was the case with any particular person here but that's how it worked.

I spoke at length to the Magpul people that I know, but unfortunately when I ran into them, none of them were at the booth. The people who were actually at the booth, I didn't know, therefore I didn't really have anything to talk to them about. As I was told by Rich and others, you guys kept your booth scaled down from last year because you didn't want incessant questions throughout the year as to when things were going to be available, which I completely understand. There wasn't really a whole lot of stuff at the booth to look at or discuss.

Dozer
01-26-11, 17:31
I spoke at length to the Magpul people that I know, but unfortunately when I ran into them, none of them were at the booth. The people who were actually at the booth, I didn't know, therefore I didn't really have anything to talk to them about. As I was told by Rich and others, you guys kept your booth scaled down from last year because you didn't want incessant questions throughout the year as to when things were going to be available, which I completely understand. There wasn't really a whole lot of stuff at the booth to look at or discuss.

The booth was scaled down because that is what SHOT limited us to (as far as size goes). As I said, nothing against anyone here but after a few dozen people come by and only want free stuff it really limits who you want to hand out items to. Nothing personal.

As far as the questions go, we were there to answer them regardless of how many times the same question got asked.

Dozer
01-26-11, 17:32
If I was there in person I would have complimented Libardo on his wonderful elocution. That would have had me in like flynn.

Flattery will get you nothing.;)