PDA

View Full Version : 9mm

dvdlpzus
01-14-11, 21:04
Today I was planning on buying 500 rounds of 9mm Federal Burgundy Box. They are usually $9.99 in Wal Mart but the store manager inform me that none of the Wal Marts in my town will carry them anymore. The only other 9mm ammo they had was WWB 50 for $12.99 and 100 for $24.99. I went to my local gun store in hope they had some cheap Russian ammo and to my surprise the cheapest box of 50 was $12.49. What is going on with 9mm prices? They now cost the same as .40 S&W in my town... My question is: Where can I find cheap 9mm online? Thanks for any help guys.

h20man
01-14-11, 21:09
I've been buying my 9mm from Natchezshooterssupply.com . I have been buying Federal and Blazer for $9.99. Of course you have to figure in shipping but if you buy a bunch its worth it I think. I'm sure theres others out there that are comparable.

JonnyVain
01-14-11, 21:16
I've been buying my 9mm from Natchezshooterssupply.com . I have been buying Federal and Blazer for $9.99. Of course you have to figure in shipping but if you buy a bunch its worth it I think. I'm sure theres others out there that are comparable.

^ that, or ammotogo, or Aimsurplus sometimes has ok prices.

Outlander Systems
01-14-11, 21:18
Same story here. Went to China Mart to score some of the Federal 9mm.

Over the course of two months, I've seen exactly zero boxes of it, at five China Mart locations nearest me.

h20man
01-14-11, 21:21
Not sure whats up with Walmart in general but the closest one to me now only carries shotgun field loads, for some reason they stopped carrying all other types of ammo. The 2 others within driving distance I guess are stocking Winchester and whatever seems to be lying around that day. I've turned to online for my ammo purchases.

vigilant2
01-14-11, 21:37
Try Luckygunner.com or search..............

http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/9mm

I just picked up 14 boxes of Federal 9mm (Burgundy box) from Wally world this week for $10.47/box for a training shoot today.
No shortages down here so far .

GlockWRX
01-14-11, 21:38
I just bought 200 rounds of the Federal stuff last week, and there was plenty more on the shelf.

jaxman7
01-14-11, 22:04
I've also noticed at Walmart that I can't find 124g RWS there either. At the local one Federal 115g and RWS disappeared at about the same time.

-Jax

bkb0000
01-14-11, 22:10
odd... 100rnd WWB is still available for $23/box here at my wally world. not the best price, but it WAS when ammo was scarce, and it's still not horrible..... and they always have it.

too bad they still limit you to 2 boxes per day (not that that isn't easy enough to get around).

Fried Chicken Blowout
01-15-11, 02:54
I finally got off my butt and started reloading a couple years ago. It took quite a while to work out the kinks in the reloader, but I now have cleaner ammo that shoots just as well as the WWB 9mm for $114 per 1000 rounds. I can do about 700-800 rounds in an hour so it's not too bad on time. All you do is pick up your brass, run it through the tumbler for 4 hours load it into the hopper on the reloading and start pulling the handle. As long as you keep the primer fill tube and powder drop full, you're making ammo pretty quick.

It takes a while to pay off the initial investment, but if you can find someone that will split into the cost of the equipment with you, that's the way to go.

DocH
01-15-11, 04:06
I think it's a pattern we always see when a nationally covered shooting event takes place. I just received a response this morning from the supplier where I purchase my RA9T,and he stated that since the unfortuate incident in Arizona he has been selling everything like crazy.
I'm getting the last two cases he has of RA9T in stock right now,as well as some mag springs,mags and recoil spring.

There's always an implication of gun control and magazine capacity restrictions by lawmakers when one of these events occur,and the sensationalism of media reporting just heaps fuel on the fire creating what we may refer to as panic buying.
I think we'll see higher ammo prices and shortages for some time to come,which is why it's always smart to keep what you need in good supply while things are "peaceful".
As Gen Patton said"In time of peace,prepare for war."

SIGguy229
01-15-11, 05:24
I was getting my ammo from www.ammoguy.com...

Stan9106
01-15-11, 05:56
http://www.the-armory.com has PMC 9MM for less than $200 per 1k rounds, plus shipping. That's less than $10 a box of 50. They're good people.

ER_STL
01-15-11, 08:44
+1 on the reloading. It's really the only way to be able to afford to shoot a lot if you're on a budget. I load 9mm for about $10.50/100 (7.4c a bullet, 2.1c a primer, 1c a powder throw. Brass is free). If you shoot lead and/or swag your own bullets, it's even cheaper.

About 5-6 years ago factory 9mm ammo could be found for $9/100. Prices have been climbing since and there's no indication that they'll ever drop again. National events certainly do drive panic buying but overall there has been a big increase in the demand for ammo. More shooters plus the same supply of factory ammo equals higher prices. A global increase in demand for the metals used in making ammo doesn't help either...

tpd223
01-15-11, 21:44
They were out of the Federal here, but I just bought some of the RWS stuff two days ago.

I think it depends on what store, and who is ordering the ammo for them.

01-15-11, 21:48
Best thing I ever did for my shooting:
Used Dillon SQDB reloading press. Other than that ammoengine is great.