PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator 5k Raleigh NC, MAY 2011

theblackknight
01-15-11, 14:54
http://gladiator5k.com/

anyone interested in a team?

Tom Swift
01-15-11, 15:51
I'm interested in being a part of a team, how does a team so to speak compete in this?

chuckman
01-18-11, 06:55
YES!! Let me know the details and what I have to do, but I will most certainly join a team for this.

Edited to add: I tried to download the pre-reg app and went nowhere fast. If someone wants to take point on this as I will be in and out of the hospital over the next couple days to visit my wife and newborn daughter.

theblackknight
02-06-11, 23:11
update

May 21st set as first date.

Thursday
02-06-11, 23:18
This sounds like a great idea, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely keep this in mind. If I'm not in Colorado at the time.

fit4lifenc
02-20-11, 08:43
Hey i signed up for this site just to reply to you, me and another guy are looking for a team for this race.. Im outta Durham , NC. I used to be a personal trainer, I lift and run...

If you still are looking a team or have one email me gvilleuncfan@yahoo.com

thanks

theblackknight
05-21-11, 19:57
Welp, I was super let down by the race today, and the fact that the 50$ entry fee plus gas from here to Raleigh and back could have bought me a lot of Silver Bear and some sweet range time.

It was way more 5k then gladiator.

The obstacles were as follows:

A triple horizontal beam ala mil o course.
a crawl under 1 1/2 foot cammie net.
a cargo net A frame
a 7ft wall
a 9ft wall.
some drainage pipes to crawl thru.
2 sets of A frame balance beams,maybe 3 foot tall at peak.
A "mudpit" which was basically a backyard slip slide with a cammie net over it.
a tire pit with a hanging tire cage over it.

It was borderline McD's play place. If anyones is reading this, youll prob be disappointed unless you where the 350 lbs lady who I saw finish.

On top of this, no hoses and no beer at the end, like promised on the website. I think I had more fun the time I volunteered for the special olympics.

The Doc
05-22-11, 08:02
Dang that sucks. My PSG did one down in Myrtle Beach last month tht the Marines put on and he said it was badass, much more gladiator than this one. Since Raleigh is only an hour away, I was gonna get my joe's to get down on this with me but I know better next time.

theblackknight
05-22-11, 08:49
Yeah you guys would have been disappointed. Some Ranger/Airborne guys ran in my heat, and I think everyone made the joke about paying 50 bucks for a tshirt.

You could def tell who was mil tho. OD green or black silkies, and some VFFs.:D

You got a link to that MC one? Surprised i didnt hear about it.

The Doc
05-23-11, 09:40
Ranger panties, like catnip for skanks...
They are the gayest, but most comfortable thing ever.
I'll try to find the link to the Corps one, if not, I'll ask my PSG.

chuckman
05-23-11, 14:45
The timing did not work out for me on this...I took my family to Washington DC for vacation for a few days and got back late last night. Glad I didn't lose sleep on not entering.