http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o

Not sure I'd climb with it...

kal
01-15-11, 16:41
The Chinese propaganda shovel.

I bet it's more useful than the Soviet propaganda 1000 meter ak47 sites.:D

OPPFOR
01-15-11, 17:33
I'm guessing the ability to slice vegetables goes away the first time the shovel is stabbed into the earth.

pilotguyo540
01-15-11, 19:59
Triumphant western music... Check!
Chinese "soldiers" using the product in simulated American invasion... Check!
Pitch man and ditzy stupid question broad... Um... I wonder if we can get Mr. Roncoe

It slices, it dices, it stirs and fries. It can be used to deflect RPG's and slash your way through Zombie hoards. This will be the last tool you will ever own!

BrianS
01-16-11, 11:42
I'm guessing the ability to slice vegetables goes away the first time the shovel is stabbed into the earth.

Nope, you just get higher iron content in your soup.

:D

jklaughrey
01-16-11, 12:02
Vince here, "You're gonna love my NUTS!"

Heavy Metal
01-16-11, 12:10
Ever notice how they speed up the footage when they are working?

ChicagoTex
01-16-11, 12:11
That might be impressive if every demo was with the same shovel...

Or if they even bothered to show shovel condition after any of their tests.

Heavy Metal
01-16-11, 12:28
Why, that's the miracle of Tenifer!

It looks like a decent enough tool but they hype it like you could re-build civilization with the damn thing.

BrianS
01-16-11, 13:27
It looks like a decent enough tool but they hype it like you could re-build civilization with the damn thing.

Certain civilizations more so than others.

jklaughrey
01-16-11, 14:05
Act now and you can get not 1 but 2 super shovels for 19.99 + S/H. But wait there is more. We will thrown in a case of Top Ramen(chicken flavor) and a small Chinese boy that you can put to work in your factory, home, target range. Hurry Hurry Hurry, supplies are limited. On the shovels, not the unwanted chinese children.

Quiet-Matt
01-16-11, 14:20
Well... That would certainly do away with alot of the clutter in my garage and kitchen. The simple fact that it has a bottle opener makes it a wonderful tool. And that music... well that kicked ass!

QuickStrike
01-16-11, 20:55
I'd probably shell out around 20 bucks for one just to see what kind of beating it can take.

Hopefully not the same overall quality and materials as those made in china "wall hanger" swords. :D

LOKNLOD
01-16-11, 21:23
Triumphant western music...

is that the theme to "the sons of katie elder"? I think it is!

pilotguyo540
01-16-11, 21:45
Act now and you can get not 1 but 2 super shovels for 19.99 + S/H. But wait there is more. We will thrown in a case of Top Ramen(chicken flavor) and a small Chinese boy that you can put to work in your factory, home, target range. Hurry Hurry Hurry, supplies are limited. On the shovels, not the unwanted chinese children.

We should team up and make the greatest infommercials of all time!!!

jklaughrey
01-16-11, 21:56
Well I suppose we could come up with a few original ideas to help those poor Chinese sell more shit to us unassuming American whores!:D

SoDak
01-16-11, 23:12
If that thing held up I wouldn't mind having one. I like the addition of a small hammer and wire cutter. Plus I now know that an entrenching tool makes an excellent shield:D.

Abraxas
01-16-11, 23:24
Sad part is that it looks like a better product than the Gerber e-tool that I got issued for deployment.

SoDak
01-16-11, 23:33
Sad part is that it looks like a better product than the Gerber e-tool that I got issued for deployment.

Did you have some trouble with it?

I've got one and I guess it's ok. It's held up fine to my light use. I don't care for the position of the shovel head in spade mode since it makes the tool completely useless for clearing snow under a vehicle(thank god I had a real shovel with when I learned this).

Honu
01-17-11, 02:08
That might be impressive if every demo was with the same shovel...

Or if they even bothered to show shovel condition after any of their tests.

my thoughts also ??

I know I saw this a while ago on a expedition forum I am on and many had a good laugh :)

bkb0000
01-17-11, 02:33
aside from the wire cutter, i really don't see how it's any better than the older school issued e-tools. i actually don't really want an edge of my e-tool to be capable of slicing my fingers off, personally.. so it doesn't get credit for that. the other gimmicks- bottle opener, hammer thing, really aren't selling points. which leaves it doing nothing an e-tool cant do.

the wood handle really needs to go, too. wood is obsolete for tools, i'm 'fraid.

Abraxas
01-17-11, 10:30
Did you have some trouble with it?

Yeah I broke two of them and it was not as though I was digging out fighting holes on a daily basis.

rat31465
01-17-11, 11:54
I'd probably shell out around 20 bucks for one just to see what kind of beating it can take.

Hopefully not the same overall quality and materials as those made in china "wall hanger" swords. :D

Another Forum I frequent reported that the chinese super shovels retail for $122.00 each....I'll keep my E-Tool thank you.

Suwannee Tim
01-18-11, 08:45
This is the guy they need to sell their magic shovel:

Ron Popeil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz1ZVg2RtTo)

Heavy Metal
01-18-11, 09:53
Another Forum I frequent reported that the chinese super shovels retail for $122.00 each....I'll keep my E-Tool thank you.

At 122 bucks, it better dig the hole itself.

I will just get a Glock shovel, thank you.

Armati
01-18-11, 11:14
Personally, I like it. But most of the things being done in the video are typical E-tool chores. The problem is these days, most folks have very poor E-tool Fu.

The weakness of any such system is the hinge joint. I would like to see some details on this area. Never the less, for $122 this thing is not doing much more than a USGI E-tool at 1/4th the cost.

By the way, for a GP tool, it is hard to beat the USGI E-Tool. The Glock E-Tool is possibly the most innovative but I can't speak to it's long term durability. As a weapon, the Cold Steel Spetznaz shovel is the best of the lot but it's lack of a hinge causes it to lose some utility.

SteyrAUG
01-18-11, 12:39
I'm kinda partial to the old school Chinese shovel.

http://www.shaolinzen.org/Images-Z/Art-Photos-Z/MonkSpade99-01d.jpg