01-15-11, 18:15
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/CRC_Gunner/DSCF6563.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz307/CRC_Gunner/DSCF6586.jpg

Quib
01-15-11, 18:49
Looks good!

TackDriver15
01-15-11, 18:54
Thanks Quib, needs your photography skills though. I did my best.

Quib
01-15-11, 18:59
Thanks Quib, needs your photography skills though. I did my best.

LOL...well, that can always be arranged! ;)

MistWolf
01-15-11, 19:08
Very cool....

...what's it supposed to do?:confused:

Boomer10
01-15-11, 19:25
Very cool....
...what's it supposed to do?:confused:

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/access.html#multi2

TackDriver - while they may not be as good as Sticks or Quibs photos, they are still good pics. Did you do the finish yourself or are they selling them like that?

TackDriver15
01-15-11, 19:28

TackDriver - while they may not be as good as Sticks or Quibs photos, they are still good pics. Did you do the finish yourself or are they selling them like that?

We did the finish on several for them. They will have some on display at Shot Show as well. I believe they are doing a drawing and giving a few away there.

MistWolf
01-16-11, 01:08

Ah. Has anyone actually ever used one of these in a real life situation?

Iraqgunz
01-16-11, 01:39
I handed out some tubes to some SF personnel my last trip to A'stan. I have been using my Multitasker I multitool as has another armorer for about 2 years. It performed very well and I keep it in my range bag.

Robb Jensen
01-16-11, 02:37

Umm, I used this real SCAR Multitasker on a real FN SCAR 16 yesterday...does that count?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/IMG_8069.jpg

Quib
01-16-11, 06:46

Well if your definition of "real life situation" means what I think you are implying, then the answer is yes.

There are a few of us here with close ties to Multitasker. And I think all will agree in saying that yes, MT Tools are currently in the hands of, and being used by military as well as law-enforcement personnel.

MistWolf
01-16-11, 08:42
Well if your definition of "real life situation" means what I think you are implying, then the answer is yes.

There are a few of us here with close ties to Multitasker. And I think all will agree in saying that yes, MT Tools are currently in the hands of, and being used by military as well as law-enforcement personnel.

Thanks for the replies. If my question seemed a bit snarky it's because I remain skeptical about the utility of multi-tools- all multi-tools. Each time I've used a multi-tool or worked with somebody using one, the job usually ends by someone going back to the toolbox for the right tool.

I wanted to know if actual users are satisfied with the performance of this multi-tool. I admit to being surprised that the answer seems to be yes

Robb Jensen
01-16-11, 08:45
I don't view multi tools as replacements for what's in my large toolbox at work. I like them for use on the range or in a class not for assembling, repairing guns at work.

Rhutch
01-16-11, 08:56
I agree multi-tools never replace purpose built tools, but when in a pinch and the full size purpose built tools are not available, they certainly fill the need.

I've never tried or even seen that Multi-tasker up here in Canada, might have to see if I can find one next time I travel south. Right now my range tool is the Leatherman MUT EOD, so far I really like it .

MistWolf
01-16-11, 09:15
I don't view multi tools as replacements for what's in my large toolbox at work. I like them for use on the range or in a class not for assembling, repairing guns at work.

Most other multi-tools I have used in the past have proven to be inadequate as an "away" tool and find I'd rather rely on a heavier kit packed with a few regular tools. I am pleasantly surprised to discover actual users find this tool performs well in it's intended role.

Let me add my experience using multi-tools has been working on aircraft in the field as an aviation technician, as an offroader working on my personal jeep or another's vehicle broken down on the trail and an inveterate tinkerer of firearms.

I will give this tool further consideration

Quib
01-16-11, 09:28
Let me add my experience using multi-tools has been working on aircraft in the field as an aviation technician.....

We have similar backgrounds, and I can relate to what you are saying.

- 26 years aviation maintenance experience, rotor and fixed-wing.
- A&P/IA
- Currently in helicopter Quality Assurance/Airworthiness Certification/New Products.

Here are a few testimonials from the Multitasker Facebook page:

"I carry one of the Multitasker tools (either full size or ultralight) in my gun bag during classes and it is invariably used several times per class to work on rifles, pistols or other assorted kit. It is a little field tool kit for your M16/M4/AR type rifle and is well worth its weight. Every soldier, sailor, Airmen and Marine carrying the M16 family of weapons should have one of these in the field with them. It’s a must have for any serious shooter."

Mike Pannone, CTT Solutions
Author - HK416 Handbook, M16/M4 Handbook, Glock Handbook

"The Multitasker is a comprehensive tool that permits us to reduce certain problems in place, rather than having to evecuate the gun to the rear. This is a timesaver, and allows us to continue training. All of our instructors will carry the Multitasker at work."

Pat Rogers, EAG Tactical
eagtactical.com

“As a person coming from a 26 year aviation maintenance background dealing with hand tools, precision tools and measuring devices, having the opportunity to receive and inspect up close samples of the Multitasker Tool Line, I can say that Multitasker tools are some of the most well built tools I've had the opportunity to use.”

QUIB
Weaponevolution.com

"The Mutlitasker tools are well designed and very well made with good tool steel. I have all three tools and each one is a work of art. One would be hard pressed to find a better tool for working on firearms. I get more and more impressed with the Multitasker tools the more I use them. I work on guns daily at work and have used everything the Multitasker was designed to do."

Robb Jensen, Armorer
Virginia Arms Co.
Virginiaarms.com

"The Multitasker is the best tool in my kit, when it comes to my M4, the Multitasker does it all. I gave one to my son-in-law who works in the Armory at Camp LeJeune NC; his Staff Sergeant borrowed it and refused to give it back. He feels it should be a standard issue item for all of our troops. Absolutely the best tool to come along for your M4, M16 or your AR-15 style weapon."

Darrell Peetz, Director of Technical Support
POINT BLANK BODY ARMOR

"The quality of materials and machining of the Multitasker TUBE is very good. When using the tool to clean my rifle there was never a case where I felt the tool or it’s attachments were in any way flimsy. The overall design of the tool was well thought out and set up in a convenient way. The end caps contain O-rings to seal out moisture and dirt.

I also tried out the TUBE on a pistol. While the takedown pin punch is too wide for use on a pistol, I was able to use the smallest hex bit on the various pins on a 1911 style pistol and a Glock pistol. The kits also include a small enough flat-bladed screwdriver bit to be used for adjustable pistol sights. The included case is small enough to be convenient, but also includes extra space and elastic loops so that you can add additional tools. I would include an OTIS cable, patch holder, bore brush, and other favorite attachments from an OTIS cleaning kit and a small LED light."

Matt Burkett, Predator Tactical
Seven Time MGM IronMan Overall Champion
Three Time World Three Gun Champion
Predatortactical.com

Stickman
01-16-11, 11:08

Yes, I use them on an almost daily basis, they work well.

Sone
01-16-11, 16:38
I used mine just about every time I go to the range for one reason or another, a very useful tool

eternal24k
01-16-11, 18:49
I would love to see one that could fit in LMT or Vltor stock compartments, even if it had to simplified or split into two.

Iraqgunz
01-17-11, 00:27
The Multitasker II is one of the best multitools that I have ever owned. I think I have about 8 different ones. It is specifically geared towards the AR.

pilotguyo540
01-17-11, 06:43
I am with mist wolf. The only thing I have ever found a multi tool good for is a bottle opener. I am really glad to hear the positive reviews here. I will have to try one out.