PDA

View Full Version : Is Position Sul Safe? Yep! (Video enclosed)

FrankDude72
01-15-11, 20:58
Hey y'all,

Occasionally I get into discussions where somebody says my IDPA SO, or my FTO, or whomever says that using Position Sul isn't allowed because you point the muzzle at your body.

I got sick of the drivel and decided to definitively prove that anybody properly doing Sul ain't covered by the muzzle in any way.

So here's my little video polemic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYEBNFhsd8

Hope y'all find this useful.

BTW, Kevan at TEES-Brazil mentioned to me of writing an article on when he and Alan Brosnan were in the military police barracks and Max Joseph exclaimed "Hey Kevan! Kiwi! Get a load of this!", meaning Sul.

Once the article comes out I'll be sure to follow up.

mkmckinley
01-18-11, 23:50
heh, nice video. I've been taught this position but not been allowed to use it at the range so I kind of quit using it at all. It's a good ready position, I wish more people would watch this.

cmoore
01-19-11, 01:05
Great vid and you're right...there's nothing unsafe about it when done properly. Some have called it "safety circle" as it helps to thwart administrative decisional paralysis at the office....LOL

Fried Chicken Blowout
01-19-11, 02:56
It's perfectly safe in my opinion. The support hand between the weapon and your body helps ensure that it's pointed out a little from your feet. No different than a similar muzzle depressed position with your carbine in order to move around someone without muzzling them.

randolph
01-19-11, 06:08
good stuff.

muito obrigado :p