PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Tailor Fleece Jacket

Whootsinator
01-15-11, 21:58
I've run into a deal on a TT Fleece... I'm always on the lookout for a good deal, but I'm not quite sure how good a deal it is. I've never seen any reviews on the product, and I can't find any to save my life. The only search results I could find were people attempting to sell it, people attempting to sell other fleeces, and people attempting to sell cookware... Not sure how the last one ended up in my search results. If there have already been reviews on the product I apologize for not being able to find them.

Has anyone been wearing a TT fleece? How would you rate it? Worth the retail purchase price of $70?

Thank you

Phazuka
01-15-11, 23:27
If you take a size large and don't mind OD Green, Grey Ghost has them for $28 bucks.

https://greyghostlive.worldsecuresystems.com/accessories/fleece-jacket-foliage-green-large

Whootsinator
01-16-11, 00:12
Thanks for link. Anyone else have any hands-on experience?

Hersh
01-16-11, 09:34
Thanks for link. Anyone else have any hands-on experience?

I don't have experience with that specific jacket, but can tell you TT's workmanship is good-to-go. The stitching on my chest rig and mag shingle is all excellent.

With regards to fleece, it ain't all created equal. The jacket Phazuka posted is Polartec thermal pro, a Malden Mills product, and you could check it out here.

http://www.polartec.com/warmth/polartec-thermal-pro/

Seikoguy
01-16-11, 12:04
I bought four of these last year - two for me, and I gave out the other two as gifts. I actually paid the full retail price for them as I bought them at Tactical Tailor's retail store in Lakewood, WA which is just south of Tacoma. Their retail store is part of their factory, so you get a chance to see the products you buy being made.
Anyway, getting back to their fleece jacket, I find it to be soft, comfortable, have had no regrets buying them at their full price. Plus, it's rare to have a piece of clothing that says, "Made in Tacoma, WA, USA" on the label sewn in it. At $28, it's become a no-brainer, and I just ordered a couple more from that outlet site.

TehLlama
01-16-11, 12:49
Any idea what size the remaining ones are?

Seikoguy
01-16-11, 13:43
Any idea what size the remaining ones are?
The ones at that outlet is Large, which is my size.

Muddyboots
01-16-11, 14:24
As long as the pattern is good and it is stitched correctly, any Polartec fleece will work as advertised (well!) The important thing is that it fit you the way you want. TT is a good company that knows how to sew. If I were .mil size Large/reg I'd buy a few from Grey (at that price I may anyway!) For now I'll stick with my beloved Patagucci fleeces.

HTH!

Muddyboots

HES
01-16-11, 16:15
For you guys that bought em, are they any decent with wind stopping or do you use a shell in conjunction? If so what shell?

Seikoguy
01-16-11, 21:41
They're decent for wind-blocking, but by no means optimum. Jackets that are "slick" on the outside are better for wind/rain blocking. I'm currently in Pennsylvania and won't venture out in just this TT fleece jacket alone. Just layer up. Another jacket with a slick shell on the outside does the job. I happen to have a few 5.11 jackets that I picked up at close-out pricing and they work just fine for me.

GotAmmo
01-16-11, 23:29
I've run into a deal on a TT Fleece... I'm always on the lookout for a good deal, but I'm not quite sure how good a deal it is. I've never seen any reviews on the product, and I can't find any to save my life. The only search results I could find were people attempting to sell it, people attempting to sell other fleeces, and people attempting to sell cookware... Not sure how the last one ended up in my search results. If there have already been reviews on the product I apologize for not being able to find them.

Has anyone been wearing a TT fleece? How would you rate it? Worth the retail purchase price of $70?

Thank you

my wife wears one on a daily and I mean a daily basis. we picked up from the TT Store in 09 and its still going strong... certainly worth the money

3 AE
01-16-11, 23:52
I bought my first one over a year ago at the same price @ $70.00. It's a medium weight fleece called "Polartec" made by Malden Mills. It doesn't block the wind very well so I wear it with a shell when outdoors and windy. Having the shoulder and forearm reinforcements definitely helps durability in those high wear areas. Considering the fabric is USA made and the jacket is made by TT in Tacoma,WA and the construction is solid, I consider it a bargain. Bought another one last month while TT had a 15% off sale. The fabric is still Polartec but has a different finish on the outside. It's smoother and feels a little more wind resistant compared to the original. As far as sizing goes, they are sized a little small. If you like your fleece body hugging order your normal size. If you like a little give/room, order next size larger. Most of the other big name fleece manufacturers like North Face, Patagonia, Mountain Hardware,etc. are made overseas with cheap labor and are still priced almost twice as much as the TT jacket. Screw them.

Whootsinator
01-17-11, 02:15
Thanks for the replies guys, your reviews are appreciated. I'll see about ordering a few.

Phazuka
01-26-11, 20:14
Got my TT Fleece from Grey Ghost. Been wearing it since last Friday. Great piece of kit for cheap, keeps me warm on sub zero mornings and light enough to wear in the office. Can't beat the deal on GG, get one!